JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just thought I'd start up some friendly discussion here. Have you ever re-bought a gun (or bought a gun you previously owned a second time)? If so, what was it and the reason you re-bought it?

For me, I had both a SW 500 magnum revolver and a WASR10 that I had to sell a few years back to have extra money in the bank towards a down payment for my present day house. Not too long ago, I was able to repurchase them because I missed them so much. Now, these weren't the exact guns I once owned but the same exact models bought else where. Has anyone else done anything similar? If So please share.

Several guns, several times. I have a group of friends, and the joke is that we are simply caretakers at any given point of group guns.
I have bought and sold a Vang Comp 870 shotgun twice, a S&W model 25 twice, a Marlin 1895 twice, and a few others. The 1895 is in the safe for good, and if the model 25 is ever available again, it will come home as well.

Shoot I wish! I sold my first AR-15 A2 to my best friend and he refuses to sell it back. We talk about it often.

Nah, it went to a good home to a guy who really wanted it. I know where it is if I want to fondle it.
There aren't very many guns of the hundreds and hundreds I've owned that I really regret THAT much. But a few still cause a twinge...

Yup, a Mini 30 I sold to a buddy that he didn't need anymore after he upgraded to a walk-in safe full of NFA pieces.

It's gone again, traded for a lever gun.

And a sweet 12 gauge Winchester pump my son shot for a couple years until he upgraded too. That one's not leaving again.

Last Edited:
I'll bet there's been a bunch more, but three that I remember...

My very first Ruger M-77, a tang safety model I bought new when I got out of the Army in the mid-seventies. Seems I've owned it 3-times, but now it's one that I will never part with. And a Ruger MkI T-678. Seems I've owned it 3-times also. It's a great gun, but I have no connection to it. I could sell it again tomorrow.:rolleyes: And a Winchester Trapper .30-30. Why would I have ever let it go? I own it again, and I could never consider selling it.

WAYNO.

I sold a Remington Peerless 12 Gau Over/Under to a good buddy only to buy it back a few years later! It was one of those things, you don't really under stand just how good it is until you no longer have it! Sort of like a really good Pick Up, Why O why did I ever sell the darn thing, only to replace it later with another that some how just isn't the same! I did manage to get that back too!

Sort of...

I'll buy a SS 6" Ruger GP100 again when I can.

I probably won't spend the cash to re buy a gunsight scout as much as I liked it but rather will find an older 30-06 to hunt with.

SkS... if they go down and not up in price, otherwise I'll get an AK.

The rest were guns I bought cheap and sold reasonably when I needed money so I figure when my cash flow is above my bills again, I'll be buying parts for a nice AR15 and whatever pops up cheap:D

Only one I can think of My first .22 when I left for the Navy I sold it to a friend when I got out he sold it back to me. A Winchester Model 121 single shot .22 I still have it 36 years later

MP5, loved the telescoping stock.

Uzi (clone), can't explain...I just miss it, maybe I'll get a 22 version.

Bobcat...for some strange reason I was really missing it a lot lately
(just found a replacement though :s0115:).

Last Edited:
Re-bought the exact same piece? Nope. Re-bought the same model? Yes, on at least one occasion that I can recall. In my .45-70 craze, er, days I had a lapse of judgement and sold my Winchester 94 in .30/30. Silly me! I bought another one that was even better. Won't make that mistake again. ;)

Not from the seller side, but on a similar note when I bought my 1911 from the guy who built it we added a piece on the sale agreement that if I ever let it go (fat chance of that now!) he has "right of first sale"--in short, first crack at it should it reenter the market, unlikely as that is.

Not from the seller side, but on a similar note when I bought my 1911 from the guy who built it we added a piece on the sale agreement that if I ever let it go (fat chance of that now!) he has "right of first sale"--in short, first crack at it should it reenter the market, unlikely as that is.

That is pretty darned fair & reasonable. Good on ya!

Yes, going on the third time now. Back in the 90's I owned a very rare Belgium "G" series FN FAL. After the Ex left, I was forced to sell it to, of course, pay bills and sold it for a pretty penny back then. Thanx to Billies AWB. Then about 10 years ago I built an Imbel FAL. Ended up trading it for a Kriss Vector carbine and now I am going through FAL remorse and want another one.

I have a Colt 1911 made in 1951 that I traded my S&W500 for. I then traded it away for a National Match made in 62. When the 51 came up for sale again, I bought it back.

It's for sale now.

I sold a S&W 686+ 4" that I wish I'd never let go. It's one of the few I'd accept as part trade on the 1911.

It's a vicious cycle.:D

Had a nicely done 03 sporter that change hands a few times between me and three friends , several times.
Its now living with a friends son in Montana and gets quite the work out during hunting season.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top