JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just thought I'd start up some friendly discussion here. Have you ever re-bought a gun (or bought a gun you previously owned a second time)? If so, what was it and the reason you re-bought it?

For me, I had both a SW 500 magnum revolver and a WASR10 that I had to sell a few years back to have extra money in the bank towards a down payment for my present day house. Not too long ago, I was able to repurchase them because I missed them so much. Now, these weren't the exact guns I once owned but the same exact models bought else where. Has anyone else done anything similar? If So please share.

Several guns, several times. I have a group of friends, and the joke is that we are simply caretakers at any given point of group guns.
I have bought and sold a Vang Comp 870 shotgun twice, a S&W model 25 twice, a Marlin 1895 twice, and a few others. The 1895 is in the safe for good, and if the model 25 is ever available again, it will come home as well.

Shoot I wish! I sold my first AR-15 A2 to my best friend and he refuses to sell it back. We talk about it often.

Nah, it went to a good home to a guy who really wanted it. I know where it is if I want to fondle it.
There aren't very many guns of the hundreds and hundreds I've owned that I really regret THAT much. But a few still cause a twinge...

Yup, a Mini 30 I sold to a buddy that he didn't need anymore after he upgraded to a walk-in safe full of NFA pieces.

It's gone again, traded for a lever gun.

And a sweet 12 gauge Winchester pump my son shot for a couple years until he upgraded too. That one's not leaving again.

Last Edited:
I'll bet there's been a bunch more, but three that I remember...

My very first Ruger M-77, a tang safety model I bought new when I got out of the Army in the mid-seventies. Seems I've owned it 3-times, but now it's one that I will never part with. And a Ruger MkI T-678. Seems I've owned it 3-times also. It's a great gun, but I have no connection to it. I could sell it again tomorrow.:rolleyes: And a Winchester Trapper .30-30. Why would I have ever let it go? I own it again, and I could never consider selling it.

WAYNO.

I sold a Remington Peerless 12 Gau Over/Under to a good buddy only to buy it back a few years later! It was one of those things, you don't really under stand just how good it is until you no longer have it! Sort of like a really good Pick Up, Why O why did I ever sell the darn thing, only to replace it later with another that some how just isn't the same! I did manage to get that back too!

Sort of...

I'll buy a SS 6" Ruger GP100 again when I can.

I probably won't spend the cash to re buy a gunsight scout as much as I liked it but rather will find an older 30-06 to hunt with.

SkS... if they go down and not up in price, otherwise I'll get an AK.

The rest were guns I bought cheap and sold reasonably when I needed money so I figure when my cash flow is above my bills again, I'll be buying parts for a nice AR15 and whatever pops up cheap:D

Only one I can think of My first .22 when I left for the Navy I sold it to a friend when I got out he sold it back to me. A Winchester Model 121 single shot .22 I still have it 36 years later

MP5, loved the telescoping stock.

Uzi (clone), can't explain...I just miss it, maybe I'll get a 22 version.

Bobcat...for some strange reason I was really missing it a lot lately
(just found a replacement though :s0115:).

Last Edited:
Re-bought the exact same piece? Nope. Re-bought the same model? Yes, on at least one occasion that I can recall. In my .45-70 craze, er, days I had a lapse of judgement and sold my Winchester 94 in .30/30. Silly me! I bought another one that was even better. Won't make that mistake again. ;)

Not from the seller side, but on a similar note when I bought my 1911 from the guy who built it we added a piece on the sale agreement that if I ever let it go (fat chance of that now!) he has "right of first sale"--in short, first crack at it should it reenter the market, unlikely as that is.

Not from the seller side, but on a similar note when I bought my 1911 from the guy who built it we added a piece on the sale agreement that if I ever let it go (fat chance of that now!) he has "right of first sale"--in short, first crack at it should it reenter the market, unlikely as that is.

That is pretty darned fair & reasonable. Good on ya!

Yes, going on the third time now. Back in the 90's I owned a very rare Belgium "G" series FN FAL. After the Ex left, I was forced to sell it to, of course, pay bills and sold it for a pretty penny back then. Thanx to Billies AWB. Then about 10 years ago I built an Imbel FAL. Ended up trading it for a Kriss Vector carbine and now I am going through FAL remorse and want another one.

I have a Colt 1911 made in 1951 that I traded my S&W500 for. I then traded it away for a National Match made in 62. When the 51 came up for sale again, I bought it back.

It's for sale now.

I sold a S&W 686+ 4" that I wish I'd never let go. It's one of the few I'd accept as part trade on the 1911.

It's a vicious cycle.:D

Had a nicely done 03 sporter that change hands a few times between me and three friends , several times.
Its now living with a friends son in Montana and gets quite the work out during hunting season.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads