JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I miss my old Thompson. Traded it for a motorcycle waaaaay back in the early 90's. The bike was a 1980 XS1100. Some of you know what I'm talking about...

The things we have done for Money. :D

5jUe1Qt.jpg

I think this question has been asked before, but I've bought and sold (3) Ruger P89's over the years. I've also sold a gun back to a member here who had seller's remorse after he sold it to me. I think he was more tied to the gun than I was, and he was a good guy, so we worked out a deal to get it back to him. I ended up putting the money toward something else I wanted even more, so we were both happy.

I traded a m70 to my friend and then traded back
But like Mt bear I have had 100s of guns over the years and don't regret selling or trading any really.
I have my dad's 3 and the rest are just (I like that one too) in my possession for a bit till they move on.
They're just things,nothing that can't be replaced.;)

That's the key. Never sell family heirlooms. I have bought lots of other family's heirlooms over the years, and while you may not miss it, you will someday. I never bought one without trying to talk the seller out of it.

I have some of my fathers old guns and someday (hopefully not too soon) I will have the rest. Most of my dads guns are guns I built for him or gave him. Those will never be for sale. At any price. Period.

Everything is about prioritizing. Everything without sentimental value is replaceable, regardless of what it is. Sometimes it's just more expensive and takes longer.

True that. My parents, for some reason, sold my granddad's engraved, ivory handled smith and Wesson 27. It was a collector gun, not a shooter (obviously) but it was gorgeous and I miss it. If I ever run into it, I'll definitely do everything I can to buy it back!
(Shortly after it disappeared, 2 colt pythons showed up in my dads gun cabinet...hmmmm.....)

Oh yeah, I sold a S&W 329PD to a bud who had to head back to AK. He sold it back to me when he returned 'cause I missed it. Then he was called back to AK, so I sold it back to him. Then he came back and I bought it back. The he missed it so I sold it back to him. He still has it.

Several times I've sold or traded a gun for another that I wanted back later.
Picked up a Copy of a Beretta M9 once, shot it liked it, traded and soon wanted it back.

Some of the more common ones I've bought and traded several times. I couldn't say how many Glock 26/27s I've owned.

Shortly after getting out of the business of being a LEO I sold my pre-29 S&W to a friend. A number of years later I got it back and it is on the "One of the Last to Go" list, for sure.

I also sold my Detonics .45 to a Major Collector on the basis that it would come "Home" if his Collection was ever broken up or if he pasted away and it did.:p:p:p

I have my dad's 3 and the rest are just (I like that one too) in my possession for a bit till they move on.
They're just things,nothing that can't be replaced.;)

My dad passed away earlier this year. I just recently moved his guns from Mom's house to mine. Those, along with Grandpa's guns, won't ever leave. They will be handed down.

And, speaking of being a sentimental softie, I recently bought a gun that belonged to my grandson's other grandpa. My grandson is only 6 now and I knew there wouldn't be much that would be handed down from his grandfather, so I bought the gun to keep (and use some) until he's old enough for it.

And, speaking of being a sentimental softie, I recently bought a gun that belonged to my grandson's other grandpa. My grandson is only 6 now and I knew there wouldn't be much that would be handed down from his grandfather, so I bought the gun to keep (and use some) until he's old enough for it.
Very well done.:)
;);)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top