JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Question 1 = No (transfer from an OR resident to a Wa resident).

Question 2 = Currently yes, BUT it may take several days or even weeks before the Washington buyer can take possession because of the time it's taking LEO agencies to complete a UBC.

As far as I know I can cross the river and buy any long arm in OR, just like before. The process may be a little different now because of I-1639, but there are no laws against me buy one.

So #1 should be yes, selling to WA resident through an OR FFL.

There are a couple places that sell the lower (a complete lower), and the paperwork is marked "other" so it can be taken out of the store immediately.

THEN that lower comes with a specific upper of the stores choice for free "with the purchase of a lower from them".

Most of the stripped lowers that I've seen for sale are $100+ (for some stupid reason). I don't know if they actually sell any, but I see them for sale.

There are a couple places that sell the lower (a complete lower), and the paperwork is marked "other" so it can be taken out of the store immediately.

THEN that lower comes with a specific upper of the stores choice for free "with the purchase of a lower from them".

Most of the stripped lowers that I've seen for sale are $100+ (for some stupid reason). I don't know if they actually sell any, but I see them for sale.
My understanding was that AR lower sales were not subject to extended background, training, etc requirements of I-1639? Maybe @Sporting Systems can clarify this?

I'm not sure about that "training BS" requirement that we now have to go through, but the sale of just the lower is an immediate sale as it is not a rifle or pistol. This is what I am hearing and seeing.

Your initial post does state AR lower. I skimmed that part and just assumed it was a complete AR sale/question.

The "training" can be done by buyer for free on Sporting Systems website (THANK YOU Sporting Systems!!!).

WA buyer prints certification and brings it with them when purchasing the lower. Should be quick, easy and immediate. :s0155:

This July, what is changing this July?
Starting this July, nothing in Wa will be a NICS check. Everything will be our new enhanced background check done by the local LE of wherever your address is. Currently lower receivers, pump guns, bolt action, and lever guns are still same day delivery. That all stops this July

Starting this July, nothing in Wa will be a NICS check. Everything will be our new enhanced background check done by the local LE of wherever your address is. Currently lower receivers, pump guns, bolt action, and lever guns are still same day delivery. That all stops this July
Have a cite for that?

No offense but it would be helpful if you could provide a web link explaining what changes are going to take place.
None taken. I personally have not done research. Having a discussion at my local gun shop the guys said the fbi is only doing the nics checks on the items I previously mentioned until july 2020. I took that info assuming they'd be the ones to know.

LGS rumors are often not accurate. My understanding is that except for pistols and SAARs the instant NICS check will continue. SportingSystems might know the latest on the state's effort to build a process to transfer "others."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top