JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They've been through it before. The AR's going out the back door to the DC sniper was their first taste of closing the doors. I used to shoot there often.

That was squarely Brian's fault. It cost him his FFL. He still owns the place but can't have the FFL for the store any more. When that happened I often said to the Wife "they are going to get in trouble here". The Range and store were in a very tight area. That AR was in a rack right next to the damn door. One morning when we got there the clerk let us in, then found he had not disarmed the alarm properly, told us I'll be right back. He ran downstairs and left us standing there. I looked at that rack of rifles thinking how often does this happen? Someone is going to walk one of those out the door. Well when it was found the rifle came from them the store had no damn idea it was even gone! I don't want to blame the victim here but damn, they were just begging to get hit.
I still love to shoot there as it's cheap. I joked with the counter girl while back "I was a young man when I started shooting here. Now the range and me are both old and rough around the edges."

I fear all these range closures are gonna make for a pretty meager harvest this fall.
Not enough Freedom seeds being planted out there...
Freedom dispenser.JPG

Safefire in Camas is closing tomorrow due to the Government mandate. You can use your own ammo there without any bubblegum add on fee. You can pick up your brass too, but tomorrow is it for a
while.

Good news is that they are selling the ammo they were holding for users of the range and rental firearms and had most popular calibers available late this evening.

Give them call first, it will go fast.

Last Edited:
My son in Carson City Nv says that most, if not all classes have been canceled down there.

In CdA, a quick check shows that everyone is open at this point.

For me, I'll continue just goin down my street 1/2 mile and shootin on the tiber company property.

Dang, I feel pretty lucky that my range is only closed to the public.
The RSOs can still come out and shoot (as long as you've served your duty days, which keeps your prox card active). :)

Dang, I feel pretty lucky that my range is only closed to the public.
The RSOs can still come out and shoot (as long as you've served your duty days, which keeps your prox card active). :)
I assume this rings true for a lot of places, but they're not rubbing in their customers faces... even if it is only a volunteer position.
:s0155:

I assume this rings true for a lot of places, but they're not rubbing in their customers faces... even if it is only a volunteer position.
:s0155:
We're finding it pretty tough to keep enough volunteers trained up as RSOs these days.
Last December, the board voted to delete the Lifetime Membership option.
For $1,000, you got to use the range anytime (just like the RSOs), along with a host of other benefits (your guests shoot free, match fees waived, etc.).
*AND* you never had to stand a duty day ever again, which to me was the biggest benefit of all!
Too many people were forking over the grand so as not to stand duty, and we were running short on RSOs, so they eliminated it.
I was just 18 days too late to capitalize on that benefit... :rolleyes:

ETA: When I asked them why they had eliminated it, and they told me why, I averted my eyes, shuffled my feet, and chuckled nervously... :oops:

Last Edited:
My sister works for the Providence Health system in Hood River Oregon, as well as all her daughters (3), my nieces. I also have a friend here in Klickitat county that works in the EMS area and ambulance. All tell me…treat it like any other virus, if you don't want it, keep your distance, and don't touch anything they do…that's it.

I have put the question to them about the training I provide and where it is located, that being outside, very large size range, and clean air to breathe. Unless people are doing the group hug thing, it's very unlikely it will spread.

So…I continue to run and train.

Well, I hit the range this morning to get out of the prison and enjoy the brief moment of sunshine. Myself and one other guy had the entire long range to ourselves all the way from 9 am to noon. Got my evil black wench sighted in. Irons and Vortex red dot. Just spent 40 rounds and did a 50yd zero.

thumbnail_IMG_0390[2].jpg thumbnail_IMG_0391[1].jpg thumbnail_IMG_0392[1].jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads