JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Johnson Creek Gun Club every odd number firing point will be vacant to provide shooters on even number firing points a safety zone from Caronavirus concerns.
I was exceptionally impressed by this decision on my first visit to the range. Feels good to be a part of such a responsible club.
Seems a lot of places are doing this, and I admire that as well.
:s0155:

It looks like all or most of all King County rifle ranges have closed, im guessing state wide soon, because 10 guys spaced 8 feet apart on the firing line will cause heads to explode lololol, what the uck is wrong with people, there are armed guards at my local whole foods lololol.
Armed guards???

Yup, and and they are now having line up outside and are only letting so many people in at one time, because they are over whelmed with shopplifters, lololol, glad i carry, whats next mugging someone for azz wipe.
SNAFU in a city like Portland... just sayin'

And I was told it was for social distancing!
:s0155:

Threat Dynamic's letter (Sherwood)

AMMO ANNOUNCEMENT:
Due to the ammunition shortage we ARE temporarily allowing non-members to bring in their own ammo. The standard $10 (unlimited amount) outside ammo inspection fee will apply.

Yet still, get that fee in there. :rolleyes: Just give them the pickle guys.

Yet still, get that fee in there. :rolleyes: Just give them the pickle guys.

Yeah, that's the reason I left there. But not everyone belongs to a club. They need somewhere to go and shoot, take classes, and practice. There's a place for everyone.

I'm not impressed with Threat Dynamics. Their facility is nice, but their prices for in house ammo was laughably high even before the panic. And in addition to their range fee, to charge non members a $10 a box fee to inspect ammo during the shortage is laughably bad and will surely win them repeat customers.

I can't see a reason why I'd give them my money when the range I pay dues at now, allows me to shoot my own ammo without paying them a convenience fee....

I'm all for more firearm businesses, but I don't see how they will survive down the road with their business model.

Yeah, that's the reason I left there. But not everyone belongs to a club. They need somewhere to go and shoot, take classes, and practice. There's a place for everyone.
Agreed good to have any places to shoot. Apparently peps must pay that "inspection" fee + range fee. I get they need to make sure some jack wagon does not bring in steel core but it's not $10 worth of time when your already paying to use the facilities.

Meh. Trip to the woods in the public shooting areas = free.

Updating my post from the other day BKS Sportsmans Club is now closed and will reevaluate in a couple weeks. :(

Screenshot_20200323-183515_Gmail.jpg

Ashland Gun Club remains open.

Most recent club member email notes that reminders for 6' social distancing are posted.

All events however, are cancelled. Most club sub-sections had done such anyways.

For area forum members/new forum members interested in joining AGC, best is likely to contact the club directly.

We are likely still doing new member orientation, however probably modified over how it is normally done. New member orientation used to be inside the club house for safety briefings & such, with a tour. So might be all outdoors now, and limited numbers.

Pretty darn good club & excellent ranges. Highly recommend.

Edit, 3/29: all new member orientations on the current calendar are cancelled. :(

Last Edited:
My local range (Tri-Cities Shooting Facility) just closed to the general public, too.
However, they *are* allowing RSOs to come out and shoot, which means moi... :D
TCSA

Well, bubblegum. My range just updated its web page and all facilities are now closed.

Now, we need to focus on HR5717, I've somehow missed it all together and google is seriously hiding it, I had to do some digging.

The NRA kept me up-to-date on that bit of jackboot-ism...
A lot of people's eyes are off the ball right now, what with this crisis/hysteria we're in.

This just in from Tri County

To the Membership of Tri-County Gun Club,

In an effort to promote the wellness of our membership, the management would like to urge those of you in medically high-risk groups to not visit the facilities until the danger of the COVID-19 virus has dissipated. We have many policy changes in place to protect the health of those who choose to train during this time, but we would discourage those who are over the age of 65, those with underlying health concerns and those who might be pregnant from exposing yourself to any unnecessary risk. As soon as the current order is lifted, we certainly want to see you back here, healthy, to enjoy our shared sport.

Tri-County Gun Club Operations

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top