JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure on closures. I do all of my shooting on my land or that owned by a blood relative. IIRC, the range in our parts is closed temporarily, but it is due to renovation/repair and not CV-19.

Clark Rifles is open as of May 8th. NO guests at this time unfortunately.

Their website tricked me for a minute but it looks like they just forgot to update it...
Good to hear they are open again, ill probably wait a weekend to see if it gets a rush but looking forward to some trigger time.

Received an email this morning that safefire indoor shooting range in Vancouver is opening back up tomorrow, May 5th.

Some good news
Beat me to it.

The range is open 12-6 every day, the store hours are the same but closed on Sunday. There are going to be some limits on the number of folks in the building at the same time but it should be good.

4857 NW Lake Rd, Suite 210
Camas, WA 98607

Edit to post #81 - now looks like the end of July, maybe, before ANY public facility is open, not that our range is public, but you know what I mean. It's actually in a converted clay pit/quarry - opened in 1928, and almost a mile from the local village...not exactly a hive of activity at the best of times.

Four Corners Gun Club is back open with modified hours for members only. The lower range will be open Thursday - Sunday with modified hours and will include two, 10 yard and one 25 yard positions for handguns and several rifle benches. Volunteer RSO's will be present to help sanitize and coordinate as needed. Check out the (new) website for details at www.fourcornersgunclub.com or www.fcgc.info. I'm taking a volunteer shift Saturday afternoon (information on how to volunteer is on the site as well).

From prior posts: @kmk1012, @warnerwh

Just checked a local indoor range and even thought they are open it isn't worth going.

They are charging their normal range fee, and they are still requiring people to buy their range ammo which they are limiting to one box of 50! OR you have the option to pay a $10 inspection fee for EACH BOX of your own ammo. Inspection fees are silly in the first place, but you would think they would relax this, because paying a range fee for only 50 rounds isn't worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked a local indoor range and even thought they are open it isn't worth going.

They are charging their normal range fee, and they are still requiring people to buy their range ammo which they are limiting to one box of 50! OR your have the option to pay a $10 inspection fee for EACH BOX of your own ammo. Inspection fees are silly in the first place, but you would think they would relax this, because paying a range fee for only 50 rounds isn't worth it.
Damn, who and where is this? Hopefully there is someplace in your area that is not determined to run everyone off like it sounds yours is.

That's crazy paying any type of "inspection" fee. I'd walk away from that shop and never return.

Where I shoot at Safefire the only ammo restriction is no steel core or tracer bullets. They have plenty of ammo in stock with no restrictions on amount purchased. I think they are a bit light on .300 BLK but do have that for sale.

Your own reloads are fine and they let you pick up your brass if you want it.

They are charging their normal range fee, and they are still requiring people to buy their range ammo which they are limiting to one box of 50! OR you have the option to pay a $10 inspection fee for EACH BOX of your own ammo. Inspection fees are silly in the first place, but you would think they would relax this, because paying a range fee for only 50 rounds isn't worth it.

These folks would do well working for The Fuhrer in Salem. Can't trust the citizens, they could be the "inspectors" for Der Fuhrer.

That's crazy paying any type of "inspection" fee. I'd walk away from that shop and never return.

Where I shoot at Safefire the only ammo restriction is no steel core or tracer bullets. They have plenty of ammo in stock with no restrictions on amount purchased. I think they are a bit light on .300 BLK but do have that for sale.

Your own reloads are fine and they let you pick up your brass if you want it.
That really sounded strange to me too. I can understand wanting to see the ammo if they are worried about stuff that will damage the range but that price is easy to see them trying to get shooters to only use ammo bought from them. If they are going to do that then they need to do away with the limit. My range used to ask you buy at least one box of their ammo, or they charged an extra $10. Back then I would buy one box of their .22 ammo. When I started buying a membership that no longer applied to me. One range close to me (Marksman) says no exposed lead ammo except .22. Never yet been in but never heard of them charging to look at the ammo you are going to use. It's why I was curious to hear what range this is and where it's at. I have to guess it must be in some place where there is just no other choices so they feel they can act like that.

I get it that private ranges need to charge / make enough money to survive. My personal issue is with hidden fees. If the range / company is very up front about their charges then I can make my own personal decision if I wish to pay for their services. My best experience was with TNT range in Utah. If you shot their gun, you use their ammo (pretty standard and understandable) and their ammo was reasonably priced.

Other ranges choose to nickel and dime you. Can't bring your own (paper) targets, crazy ammo fees, crazy bring your own ammo fees. Oh, but they only charge (insert cheap price) for a lane. It's like buying a car and salesperson asking if you want air in the tires...$100 each.

When I see companies like this it make me wonder about their other business practices. Often not very fair and honest. Just what I have noticed roaming the earth for 50 something years.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews