JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My sister works for the Providence Health system in Hood River Oregon, as well as all her daughters (3), my nieces. I also have a friend here in Klickitat county that works in the EMS area and ambulance. All tell me…treat it like any other virus, if you don't want it, keep your distance, and don't touch anything they do…that's it.

I have put the question to them about the training I provide and where it is located, that being outside, very large size range, and clean air to breathe. Unless people are doing the group hug thing, it's very unlikely it will spread.

So…I continue to run and train.

I think you offer an "essential service", the question though is if Gov. Inslee feels the same way.

Inslee considers marijuana sales an "essential activity", while gun shops, ammo sellers and self defense training is "non-essential" and shut down. Could it be due to the tax revenue collected by the state for "essential" sale of recreational marijuana? :mad:

Inslee considers marijuana sales an "essential activity", while gun shops, ammo sellers and self defense training is "non-essential" and shut down. Could it be due to the tax revenue collected by the state for "essential" sale of recreational marijuana? :mad:
As I've always said, it's not about safety it is about control.

As I've always said, with Leftists, it's always about control. People control...

Ferguson... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Good ol' Sideshow Bob. Why hasn't he been recalled for abuse of power?

I spent 2 years on a wait-list and finally got accepted last weekend....

Not only is the range closed, panic buying has caused another ammo crunch.

Frustrating.

Tri County just sent a third notice.

If this weekend is super busy and members are not taking the social distancing seriously. They will have to close the club.

Hi All,

Let's try this one more time. The temporary policies were put in place to comply with the governor's order and keep the Club open to the members.

Here are the high points:

• 1) Hours are from 8:00am until 5:00pm. Members are not allowed on the property before or after these hours.
  • 2) No guests allowed. No exceptions.
  • 3) The Clubhouse and the Indoor Range are closed.
It's my hope to keep TCGC open to members during the current crisis, but I've had to limit the staff and I'm afraid that if I have as much trouble this weekend as I've had this week with compliance to these temporary rules, I will have no choice but to close the Club to members until the governor lifts the 'Stay-at-Home' order.

Thank you,

Rusty

Was thinking about going on Sunday, I'm going nuts, but I'll do my part and stay at home. I can only imagine it being busy this weekend.

Maybe we need a big ol' sign at the club entrance like this? Just replace the word "thread" with "club". ;) :p

A5FF30AA-3BF0-4096-97D2-B59EFE95193A.png

Went to the range today. It was open with no restrictions.

Rainier Rod & gun Club.

The wife got to shoot her S & W Lady Smith and Ruger Wrangler for the first time today. Nice little revolvers bought from forum members. I shot the 1911, Kahr 9mm, .22s and the AR-15. Was definitely a good time. Lot's of lead left behind.

Was good to defy Governor Brown to exercise our rights today.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

Here in UK and most of the rest of continental Europe. EVERYTHING is closed apart from food stores. They are operating on a one-in/one-out system. Even supermarkets.

Open ranges?

Who knows when THAT'll happen?

Update on Ashland Gun Club.

All new member orientations are cancelled.

Range remains open for current members, sub-club shoots all canceled (shotgun, rimfire, 600yd, etc) , maintain 6 foot personal space for non-family groups.

Check the calendar for range section closures for LEO training, as normal.

Our new range in Klickitat county is closed so I've been using an unofficial place in Dallesport by the Columbia River but it just closed due to new construction in the area. This has made things difficult as I don't have a close place to test out my new loads. I'm now packing all my stuff on my motorcycle and going out to a gravel pit in the National Forest about 25 miles away.

C6F6BB8A-4759-484F-91A6-0F454C4E3B7B.jpeg

Our range in Western Montana is still open.

My husband went there today - Thursday.

He walks outdoors. He goes shooting on a regular basis - several times a week.

I just noticed that there is now a guideline on our RANGE'S website but it has not been closed. There are a few people still shooting there on and off but they are NOT standing close together.

My husband shoots alone or I will go with him. He almost NEVER goes on the weekends since he retired a couple of years ago.

THIS is what I just FOUND online about our range and I have NOT seen it there before. The test and annual renewal were taken for this year - 2020 and there was NO notice on the DEER CREEK aka WMF&GA previously! So I do NOT know when this was PUT up on their website since we reviewed the rules and took the test again.

Western Montana Fish and Game Association

The Deer Creek Shooting Center remains open at this time.
Please follow CDC guidelines at: CDC_Prevention
Governor Bullock's Stay at Home Directive is available at: Directive
Since 1911... A foundation for Montana's hunting and fishing heritage and 2nd amendment rights

The WMFG is a membership based organization that privately owns and operates the Deer Creek Shooting Center... One of the most well developed outdoor shooting facilities in the Northwest.

If the range closes up - you can still shoot in some wilderness areas out here. With that SAID, ahem, the FEDS CLOSED UP A BUNCH OF STUFF including simple look out points where people just want to take a drive CLOSE TO THEIR MONTANA HOME and they closed up SOME trails, campgrounds, recreation areas, parts of woods-forests in the boonies, etc. too. That was in our LOCAL news several weeks ago or maybe a month (?) ago.

Cate

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews