JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In what appears to be par for the course now for S&W my new 686+ came with some really poor final finishing. The gun was mechanically sound but being OCD I could not live with the flaws. I had to take file to steel and fix the issue. As with all projects like this I end up going through the five stages of refinishing. Confidence I can do it, panic that I have no clue what I am doing, despair that I am in way over my head, hope that I might save it, and then relief that it somehow worked out.

Check out the video below to see how it is going.

Reshaping My S&W 686 Plus - YouTube

Do you have every imperfect gun shipped directly to you or are you just way pickier than most folks? I have a feeling it's the latter but I'm just wondering if you see these flaws in everyone elses' guns as well. Nice work as usual by the way.

Dear Playboy,

Overlaying text while you are chatting on about something is a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, crappy addition to your videos. It's annoying, distracting, and amateurish. Please stop doing that.

Sincerely,
Ironbar

Dear Playboy,

Overlaying text while you are chatting on about something is a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, crappy addition to your videos. It's annoying, distracting, and amateurish. Please stop doing that.

Sincerely,
Ironbar
Ha,ha...what you are complaining about is the one thing that made my channel get so many subs so quickly. That aspect of my videos is what helps me generate enough YouTube income each month to make regular donations to three local animal charities. So I guess that shows what you know. :)

Dear Playboy,

Sincerely,
Ironbar

Having your own subtext as a thought completely idependent of the words you are speaking can be a sign of genius...or schizophrenia. Either way it's what makes the internetz so interesting. Start worrying when he begins audibly arguing with the overlaid text on the screen.

Having your own subtext as a thought completely idependent of the words you are speaking can be a sign of genius...or schizophrenia. Either way it's what makes the internetz so interesting. Start worrying when he begins audibly arguing with the overlaid text on the screen.

Than is a friggin awesome ideal. I can see the hits going up now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top