JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you could see one professionally unleashed at rioters you would quickly change yer mind

I have 4 Mossberg 500s, a SPAS 12, have shot most modern shotties and the FN is far superior IMO. Up close only a full auto 7.62 NATO belt fed machine gun comes close for the initial encounter

Sorry Blitz, but if disbursing rioters ever becomes my job that's what M-1A's are for!

I owned an early Benilie riot gun, rem 1100, rem. M-8 other semi-rigs
compared to win-M-12, Ithica M-37, Rem-870, the cleaning, weight, all that stuff, I'll take a good Ol' pump

Not a big fan of shotgun bandoleers, I much prefer an OSOE COP rig.

<broken link removed>

That is pretty danged cool!

Now I'm going to offend a lot of you! Best home defence shotgun? Your retired duck gun with a few additions! Better sites are good, mag extension, sling! That's all! Already own it and busting waterfowl with the sleet freezing on it, I'm pretty certain it's going to run!

This is nice, and faster at dispensing shells. Shotgun Shell Carrier Vest

I love Saigas but would never use one for home defense pre-SHTF. Could you imagine? lol. You'd be so legally screwed. If would matter if the perp was frothing at the mouth with a knife in his hand. All the media and cops would care about is that shotgun with the 20-round drum.

The M4 or FN SLP are beautiful pieces. The best 'lawyer' shotgun would be whatever you could buy at Bi-Mart for $300 though.

This is nice, and faster at dispensing shells. Shotgun Shell Carrier Vest

I love Saigas but would never use one for home defense pre-SHTF. Could you imagine? lol. You'd be so legally screwed. If would matter if the perp was frothing at the mouth with a knife in his hand. All the media and cops would care about is that shotgun with the 20-round drum.

I think that Burt's right on this. Even by converting an old duck gun I'm making it into a murder weapon in legal speak, "if the barrel's been cut! This guys a nut!" in either ringing tones or liberal nasal whine! I wish that I could cite the source but I read or heard some where that a lawyer said that if you have to defend your home, use a lever action rifle. To a jury that says cowboy gun! Everybody knows that cowboys are the good guys! In a jury of my true peers (drooling old fools) everyone would certainly think that! Don't know about jury's these days though!

Not a big fan of shotgun bandoleers, I much prefer an OSOE COP rig.

<broken link removed>

I have one for quick deployment, stowed next to my bed in a 30 cal can with more shottie shells, also USGI belt pouches and have MOLLE stuff on my level 4 armor setup and my Blackhawk recon setup that can take those pouches

Blitz, you've been gone! I was wondering "what's he out acquiring now? An ICBM, a SAM, an attack helicopter?" LOL!!!

HAHAHAHA...Getting my new biz started and meeting various contractors at our new home site out in the woods. Never fear, like a bad headache I will keep coming back :cool:

Rather buy a Mossberg 930 SPX for half the cost and just as much gun.

Then you'd be happy to read the review here with the Mossberg 930 SPX going up against the FN SLP Mk 1 head to head: Stress Testing Semi-Automatic Competition Shotguns: FNH SLP Mk. I vs. Mossberg 930 SPX | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

There was a slight edge of preference on the FN being easier to operate.

Accuracy -even
Reliability - Mossberg, hands down, no question winner.

Bottom line, everyone who shot both preferred the Mossberg.
"The other subjective and qualitative test, the survey, showed a marked preference for the Mossberg 930 SPX with 100 percent of the respondents preferring it in terms of its sights, weight, balance, and perceived recoil. In terms of ease of operation, however, only 67% preferred the 930 SPX to the FNH SLP. ......Because of its consistent reliability regardless of the ammunition and the equivalent accuracy between the shotguns it is the determination of this study that the Mossberg 930 SPX is the superior 3-gun shotgun."

teaser.jpg

I've never shot either, and I think both of these Mfg generally make great product: but based on that review alone, the 100% reliability would get the Mossberg a place in the stable. Except I don't have room for one.

teaser.jpg

My FN has shot everything from 1 oz birdshot, heavy buckshot to my handloaded magnum pistol ~velocity slugs, perfectly. This all with the light gas piston

Personaly;
It's not that I don't appreciate the above shotgun, I certainly would not kick it outa bed! I just would not buy one because over the decades I have been quite happy with my M-37/M-12/ M-870 pumps.
I have all that muscle memory locked down and at my age,,,frankly I may gain wisdom, but I ain't gaining speed.
I don't think a slicker shotgun will make the difference it would have a few decades ago.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews