JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have two guns that I would never part with.

The first is a Sears Model 101 20g single shot shotgun I bought from a fellow farm kid for $20.00 in 1968. I was 12 years old. I shot a lot of pheasants on the farm with that weapon & really enjoyed it. I was really hot stuff because it shot 3" magnums! I still shoot it on occasion. It fits nicely behind the backseat of my pickup during hunting season. As I'm out selling farm equipment I see a lot of roosters!

The second one is a Winchester Model 250 lever action .22 I got for Christmas the same year. It's been to the gunsmith twice with broken internal parts. Winchesters after 1964 were really cheaply made! I rarely shoot it anymore but bringing it out of the safe now & then brings back fond memories.

I'm interested in hearing about your "sacred cows".

Savage 99 in .308. Bought one in absolute mint condition for $150 in 1998. First rifle I every bought and got a heck of a deal. Sold it about 4 years later. Regretted it immediately after the guy drove off with it. Took me 10 years to find another one that came close to being in the same condition that one was in.

I have an HK Mark 23 that I would never sell for what it is worth - I also have a Marlin Model 60 with a cheapo Tasco scope on it that has been a lot of fun for many years

Probably wouldn't part ways with anything I have now but especially my Marlin .22 I saved up for and paid for when I was about 8 (obviously my dad purchased it but I saved up my birthday and xmas money). That was one of the most exciting times I remember from my childhood, I plan on teaching my kids to shoot with that thing.

Wow! A S&W 3" "J"frame w/ adj sights, given me by my best friend who died 5 Christmases ago.
A Kimber M82 in .22K Hornet and a M84 Kimber in .223. Both made by myself and my coworkers at Kimber of Oregon. The serial # of the .223 is my birthdate!
Dad's 1949 Mossberg .22 (refinished at Kimber).
Mom's Win. 94 in .25/35 and her 12ga pump riot gun. My Mom was kind of a different lady!

Just bought a 1970 Marlin 39D for my 12yr. old son for Christmas. He has shot a few other weapon's before and I have ingrained in him the fundamentals of weapons safety more then shooting skill's. I have another son, 11. I ran out of time and money to find him on before the New year, but he too will have a .22. The Marlin is a fantastic weapon. Maybe a bolt action for the next one. Anyway's, the other Marlin response made me think of my son's. :) as for myself, I have 2 AKM's. Pre-ban Norinco 56-1 and a SAR-2. Also a S&W 9FDE. just started gather my Gun's since settling down after 21yrs in the military and move after move.

I have two that I would have to be dead to part with. I first one is my Ruger M77 7mm. It's nothing extravagant, but I bought it with cash at age 13 for $300. Through the years, I free-floated the barrel, stripped and refinished the stock, installed a replacement sear, adjusted the trigger pull and poundage, and upgraded the optics from the 4x wide-angle Redfield that it came with. The second one is my SS Ruger Super Redhawk .44 Mag, aka "the meat gun". It has put down everything I've ever aimed at. I'm so attached to these guns, I get offended if someone even tries to touch them :)

Its around 100 year old Remington single shot .22
Its got a nice patina going and has the sweetest feeling trigger. Worn just right over the years. And I love how it being a single shot, its way easy on the ammo while just being a joy to shoot.
Its probably not worth much anyway but I love it and my kids both learned to shoot with it.

Always wanted a Colt Python since I was kid. Shiny.
E07508F7-780E-4DFF-8EC9-9837D7FEA43F-5024-000008E68E0242B1.jpg
The Dirty Harry revolver of course.
M29007.jpg
A 1943 US Property Colt 1911A1 carried by an Army soldier in Europe. d0713819.jpg
M1A that is pretty close to the M14 I carried in Afghanistan
e48a7975.jpg
The notorious Bushmaster decked out like my M4 that I used in Afghanistan
52f22ea6.jpg

I have others that I think are cool but these would be very hard to replace if I had to sell them... :(

After my last woman, I now part with none of my firearms. I had to sell more than a few prized toys while I was with her to keep us a float back in the day. The second date I ever had with my current fiancée I let her know up front that I'll never part with a firearm unless I've completely grown tired of it (which never happens)

But if I honestly had to risk 3rd degree burns in order to save only two firearms they wouldn't even be the ones I use or carry. Rather, the very first two my grandfather gave me a very old Remington model 12 chambered in 16gauge and a brand new in box 40yr old colt revolver chambered in 44special.
I don't think I'll ever fire either for the rest of my life, but they'll always be with me as a sort of homage to my grandfather. That and in my family when something is passed down from one generation to another, No matter how tough times get, you never sell or trade that heirloom.

Out of all 6 of my guns i wouldn't sell my CZ 75B or my AK 47. The Ak because they are easy to work on and are know for their simple yet reliable design. And my CZ because the first time i ever shot my grandpas CZ 75 compact i loved the hell out of it. For me its easy to aim and simple to operate. I love the feel of it and its my best shooting gun i have in my opinion.

RRBRestore-RtFullsm.jpg
RRBRestore-GunKnifeHatBestsm.jpg

My restored Remington rolling block Model 1 sporting rifle, bought new originally by my great-grandfather about 1877. It was a .38 Long rimfire, 28" tapered full octagon barrel. It was in really bad shape after going through a cabin fire about 1910 and being stored away for nearly 100 years. It's been resurrected, and now fires .38 Special and .357 Mag.

The buffalo horns were collected by my great-grandfather along the Rosebud River in Montana. He was a crewman on a stern wheeler on the Rosebud. The sheep horns came from my grandfather. The knife was hand made for me by my father. I recently made a new sheath for it. None of this will ever be sold. It'll go to my grandson when he turns about 30.

I have a ruger single six that was my first ever handgun. I sold it once, and deeply regretted it. I had the good fortune to be able to buy it back, and it will never go on the chopping block again. I also have a S&W 686 pre lock that would be very hard for me to sell. I do love my revolvers.

My Blued 2-3/4" Ruger security six. It was my first gun. I sold it, it and missed it ever since. Few years later, i contacted the guy i had sold it to, turned out he was thinking about selling it. I threw cash at my computer. We met up the next day and i actually paid him. Never will leave me again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top