JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Colt Police Positive .38 that my great grandfather carried as a Railroad Policeman down at Adair Village during WW2. The bluing is badly faded but it locks up tight and I have fired it a couple of times. I also have the leather flap holster he carried it in, as well as his badge, laminated ID card with photo, wooden nightstick, and a nasty little weapon that I have been told is called a "slap jack" which is basically a lead ball wrapped in woven leather straps that tie off in a flexible handle about 8" long. One of these days I am going to buy or build a display case that I can mount them in and hang on a wall.
Ive never heard them called a slap jack but have heard them called a Blackjack or a Sap. The one i have that will never be sold is my early 1900's Winchester .22 pump that belonged to my great grand dad my grandma passed it down to me when i turned 18 was my first gun.

I won't sell my 1893 FN Mauser 7x57 due to having excessive chamber head space. Not worth it to be fixed and too dangerous to sell. If/when the Gestapo comes to take my guns I'll hand it over and explain that I sold all of the others and this is the only one left.

Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70 with Wild West Guns big loop lever and trigger fix. Nikon scope, Dednutz mount.

What makes this gun special to me is the great accuracy (for a lever action carbine) but it is also one of the early run of the stainless steel version that came with factory barrel porting. Previously I had a blued version and then I read in American Rifleman that they were coming out with stainless. I traded mine in that week and preordered the SS version.

I hand load with 300 grain hollow points and a slightly compressed charge of H4895. I get velocities in the 2000fps range so you dont have to worry about bullet drop until 250 yards. Its fast handling and great for getting out of the truck quickly and getting on target.

75210764-D89E-4FCF-A008-C6492BE6B0A9-589-000001035080C509_zps74753633.jpg

Not too bad for a lever action. . .
C7C6519D-F170-427F-9FCD-113969C047F0-644-0000010E9777A580_zps5cb9aaba.jpg

The 45-70 is one of my favorites, although I haven't had one for a while...

My "standard" load was a Speer 400gr over a bunch of RL7. I was shooting it in a Browning single shot with a 22" barrel. I'd barely maxed out the "1895" loading data and was just stepping into the "Ruger #1" data and was able to achieve a little over 2000fps. You can flatten it out even more if you step up the bullet weight, but it's going to thump you harder.

Nice target. Looks like meat in the freezer to me.

Never say never but I can't see myself ever selling these:

Winchester 9422 .22 WMR

WinMagMed_zpsec519db9.jpg

Rare 1981 Ulm-proofed and Interarms "starburst" stamped blue .380 PPK.
(Likely sold only to police departments here in the U.S. because of the import ban on small firearms and because Interarms/Ranger manufactured the PPK and PPK/S models for U.S. internal sales beginning in 1979).

BluPPKGer_zps26370d8a.jpg

And probably not this one either: S&W M18-4

MySampW18-4_zps6d295134.jpg

None of them. I have only sold off 3 guns, none were irreplaceable, and none were sold just to get rid of them, all sold for something different.

I did learn after 2 of them that I'm not a "plastic gun" kind of guy.

Marlin 60 as it is my favorite .22 and I got it when I was 10. Still in almost perfect condition with a round count that is past even guessing. She never fails me unless the ammo fails but the gun never has had an issue other than a .22 round that is a dud.

Interesting question.
I've been trying to have a gun for every year I am old in the safe.
(I was born in 1957...)
If I had to pick just a few that would be the very last ones that I would sell, if I HAD to, I guess it would be the ones with the most sentimental value, my first .22 bolt action that I got for Christmas when I was 11, the .22 semi-auto "J.C. Higgins" that I graduated to from BB guns when I was 7, my first "deer rifle", a Mod. '94 Winchester .30-30, and an old AJ Aubrey 12 gauge double barrel that doesn't even shoot anymore, but holds fond memories of me shooting a bunch of grouse when I was young...

All of them! Unless it was the difference between feeding, clothing and housing my wife and daughter. Then, even though a half dozen or so are not replaceable, I'd sell any one of them.

Notice I'm not worried about feeding, clothing or housing myself. I'll manage. I'd manage even better with a bunch of guns and gear.

1. My dad's old Frankenrifle: 1896 Schmidt-Rubin action in .308, with a Springfield barrel on a sporterized (probably in the 20's or 30's) stock. As a kid it was a big deal when my brothers and I were big enough to manage this rifle.
2. My earliest crush on a gun: Dad's old Hi-Standard revolver in .22lr. He traded for it used when he was in college in the early '60s. It's the first firearm I ever shot. There's no counting the thousands of rounds my brothers and I put through that gun.
Both will go to a son, brother, nephew, or niece, but never sold by my hand.

I suppose other than than the marlin 60 I have to add the stainless sig p230sl that is one of the west german made models and is possibly the best .380 I have ever shot. Grandpa had one and sold it. I found one identical and it is far from a high value but to me and memories of it it is the highest value pistol I have. Never fails and is the most comfortable .380 to fire I have ever experienced as well. Old reviews claim it to be a PPK on steroids...I agree whole 100% as my PPK is great but it would go far before the Sig.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top