JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good article, thanks for posting it!

Pertaining to the article, IMHO if an employer can mandate what an employee can and can't have in their car while on the job, then they should be legally responsible and liable to provide for the security of that employee.

The same goes for any "gun free" business that is open to the general public concerning their customers while on their property. You can have your little fantasy of a perfect world and ignore reality if you want, but you need to "pay to play" if your so adamant about it.

Concealed means concealed, and I won't be at ANYONE'S mercy when faced with personal self-defense... Ever.

Agree, it was a good article with facts and unbiased.

It should also make the stupid people, bullies and practical jokers think before they pull stupid effin games on good people who are trying to do a good job at work!!!

Where is the common decency that used to exist in America?

I've always taken the stance that if you take away my means of protecting myself, YOU are now responsible for my safety. I can't carry at my place of employment, so MY position is they are now responsible, and IF something were to happen they would have a nice lawsuit on their hands.

Does anyone know if this position has been tested in the courts? If something were to happen at my work, would I even have a legal leg to stand on?

I've always taken the stance that if you take away my means of protecting myself, YOU are now responsible for my safety. I can't carry at my place of employment, so MY position is they are now responsible, and IF something were to happen they would have a nice lawsuit on their hands.

Does anyone know if this position has been tested in the courts? If something were to happen at my work, would I even have a legal leg to stand on?
Ive been letting my past/current employers (second job) know that a lawsuit for my bodily harm or death (doled out by family) is whats coming should anything happen since they forced me to disarm and certainly don't/didn't provide protection.

Ive been letting my past/current employers (second job) know that a lawsuit for my bodily harm or death (doled out by family) is whats coming should anything happen since they forced me to disarm and certainly don't/didn't provide protection.
and what what the response?

and what what the response?
From the low level managerial minions?
A chuckle and a confused look when they realize Im not at all joking.
Which is usually followed by someone telling me that wont ever happen and police response time is only a few mins away.. Etc.
From corporate, (the two times Ive wrote a letter) nothing. Not even a response.

So with that I feel like Ill record the next interaction as it comes up and use that along with my two copies of my sent letters to give to my lawyer in the event of an injury or death
(dealt by family). I feel a strong case could be made.. But then again, the courts tend to not see things logically. So who knows.

I can't pack at the hospital I work at.

Must be their "policy" because there's no law prohibiting carry in a hospital like there is in OR. One hospital here in Vancouver posts their entrances, the other doesn't. I've CC's in both.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Must be their "policy"because there's no law prohibiting carry in a hospital like there is in OR. One hospital here in Vancouver posts their entrances, the other doesn't. I've CC's in both.

Deen
"Defender of Freedom" award

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

The law against carrying in hospitals in Oregon doesn't apply to CHL holders.

The policy (not law) would however apply to hospital employees and he did say he worked at one.

elsie
Exactly!

Deen
Defender of Freedom Award

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

The policy (not law) would however apply to hospital employees and he did say he worked at one.

elsie

Of course. But deen_ad said it was against the law to carry into a hospital in Oregon, and any "the law says...." statement should include all applicable parts, which in this case would include the exception for CHL holders. Saying that carrying in a hospital is illegal without mentioning the CHL exemption is a half-truth; we should all strive to spread the whole truth.

Of course. But deen_ad said it was against the law to carry into a hospital in Oregon, and any "the law says...." statement should include all applicable parts, which in this case would include the exception for CHL holders. Saying that carrying in a hospital is illegal without mentioning the CHL exemption is a half-truth; we should all strive to spread the whole truth.

It IS against the law UNLESS you have a CHL. So I should have added that to my post. And yes, I have both WA CPL and OR CHL licenses.

Now, if you're through picking nits we can continue with the discussion!

Deen
Defender of Freedom Award

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I'm of the opinion that no employer should be able to fire an employee for carrying concealed, how ever take a look at some the people you work with. would you feel comfortable with every one of them packing? For now get some thick pants with deep pockets, (Dickies and Carharts work for me). If an employer finds out and fires me oh well, I value my life and the lives of those around me alot more than a $9.50/hr position.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top