JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What are the new gun laws pertaining to purchasing. Pistol, rifle, shotgun.

Can I buy my over 18 year old son and daughter .
I have to guess you are not trying to buy your kids? :s0140:
Seriously though until they are 21 the kids are going to run into problems here. Again not a lawyer so my word is worth what paid for. The kids can legally have guns here for things like take them to the range. The way the law is written here on transfers you can give a gun to children BUT, I would NOT walk into a shop and buy a gun just to turn around and give it to the kid right now. There is what's legal and whats smart. Also with the normal warning the net is a VERY poor place to seek legal advice for anything firearm. Do you shoot? If so talk to the shop where you buy and ask to speak to whoever has the FFL, not just some counter jockey.

If you buy a gun in Washington and give it to someone you have to go through a FFL holder and can not have a clip holding over 10 rounds of ammo.
Not in all circumstances. Certain family members can gift fellow WA resident family members a gun without going through an FFL. Ownership and possession of standard magazines is not banned.

If you buy a gun in Washington and give it to someone you have to go through a FFL holder and can not have a clip holding over 10 rounds of ammo.
Most "clips" only hold 10 rds max, even if they are used to feed larger "magazines"............

12049357_616822698487139_9039275395476219547_n.jpg 16999021_791483967687677_7283103383597842769_n.jpg

bellow will answer those asking. Again BE CAREFUL here though. Make damn sure you know and trust your "kid" to handle this. If the person you give the gun too loses it, or does something dumb, you did follow the law but you are not in the clear legally. That gift could easily end up with you needing a lawyer.

The relevant section:
(4) This section does not apply to:
(a) A transfer between immediate family members, which for this subsection shall be limited to spouses, domestic partners, parents, parents-in-law, children, siblings, siblings-in-law, grandparents, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, first cousins, aunts, and uncles, that is a bona fide gift or loan;

bellow will answer those asking. Again BE CAREFUL here though. Make damn sure you know and trust your "kid" to handle this. If the person you give the gun too loses it, or does something dumb, you did follow the law but you are not in the clear legally. That gift could easily end up with you needing a lawyer.
Agreed - just because they CAN legally possess a firearm doesn't mean they SHOULD. If you give a gun to a person who has demonstrated their inability to responsibly handle it and/or has a history of threatening or violent behavior, if they do something dumb with it you will definitely have some legal challenges ahead.

Also, it should go without saying, but common sense is apparently a superpower, so...

If your immediate family member is legally prohibited from possessing firearms due to criminal history, mental deficiencies, etc., you cannot gift them a firearm.

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now...
:s0146:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top