JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I always do my own taxes since the sixties, audited once, not too painful. That was because I worked overseas. Since '88 or so it has been computerized and a lot easier and more accurate. When all you have are W-2's and 1099's for income, it isn't too complicated. I am waiting for the 12th when a big update to the software is supposed to be out. I had so much activity it is hard to day if I will get any or have to pay some. I really need a computer this year.

I will buy a new Ruger takedown .22 Charger anyway. Just to celebrate having my taxes done.

I would if I could. But we need to find a place and move. If anyone knows of a good 3 Bedroom home or apartment (prefer house) for $1,200 or less per month (if in Oregon) or $1,400 a month or less (if in Washington) let me know. We have 3 dogs (2 Chihuahuas and 1 pit bull) so that complicates things.

If we didn't have to move I would either be getting a KSG or the new SR1911 CMD Lightweight or perhaps getting the Rhino again. But alas, I can't. I'm so sad. :(

EDIT: Clarification - we want out of Portland and Multnomah County. We would like to be in Clackamas County (close to relatives and our church) but may end up in Vancouver or nearby or other somewhat close location. If I didn't want to move away from family or church I would go somewhere cheaper. But we have those roots we don't want to pull up.

I am buying a super cool roof for my house and a dump box for the old one. You guys try and stow your jealousy, ok?

Feeling your pain brother. I was lucky enough to recap my roof in December right over the old one. What I saved there more than covers something black and evil with plentiful cheap ammo and manacingly large magazines. Whoo-Hoo!

Last Edited:
I shouldn't be to broken up about it, after all I was supposed to re-roof the house with my tax refund last year. I didn't, but I sure have enjoyed that 1911 I bought instead. And the AR I built. And the G42. And the Vortex SPARC. And.... Well, you get the idea.

I had to pay around $300 last year, but maybe I'll get some back this year if I'm lucky. Got a plinker ordered either way. Haven't had a 22 in a long time.

ruger-american-rimfire_zpsfa41d7a6.jpg

With the enormous glut of EBRs on the market, I think I would look at a really nice piston gun. Maybe a SCAR, maybe a Sig. Good time to pick one up cheap.

I'm just finishing with a divorce and in it, I lost a Sig 556, Sig p239, a Sig p220 (with .22 conversion kit) a Colt Woodsman, a Ruger security Six 6" and a S&W Model 17-3. I got most of the guns, but it kills me to lose the Sigs in particular. (The 239 was a Satin nickel finish gun that was only made for one month and is irreplaceable). Expecting about $1200 in a return, but I have moved to a job that makes shooting something that can possibly happen maybe one-two days a month. So it's probably just going into savings.

If it was anything else? I'd be looking for something oddball that some Nimrod bought vastly over-priced in the panic. Maybe a piston AR in .300 blackout or a really kickass custom AK. Shot a lot, but never owned one. Ya, the AK I think. Everyone should have at least one good commie gun:)

I bought a new gun a month ago so no new gun with this tax money. I am only getting 700 back this year. 100-150 from that is going to ammo for the AR and AK. went through quite a bit last time out shooting. Then most of the rest is going into savings. I'm currently looking to move later this year so i need to save up until then.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top