JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought a ak47 before the ban. Long story short never got the gun (were banned). Doing a return and the store collected the tax and is saying they can't return the tax. How the f I'm I paying tax on a gun that was never mine! Any help guys I'm I being ripped off by this store?

Last Edited:
Check the WA Dept of Revenue site. An email to them with the gunshop's name might get you some quick action. Fellow gunners or not, NO ONE wants to be the the REVENUE radar.

Check the WA Dept of Revenue site. An email to them with the gunshop's name might get you some quick action. Fellow gunners or not, NO ONE wants to be the the REVENUE radar.
Will do thanks I have the receipt in my wallet too. Had to pay ffl fee twice. Once for return and one when I filed and didn't get the gun.

Wa department of revenue makes the FSB and gestapo look like Mr Rodgers. They will hound the gun shop like forever. It's like a communist country. I think you may be screwed unfortunately. The chance of getting any sort of tax money back from department of revenue without a lawsuit I would guess would be slim to none based on what I've seen.

Every other retailer in WA refunds the sales tax on a returned item. Firearms would be no different than any other item.

Buy a bag of bolts at Ace hardware, and then return it a month later. Your return receipt will show the amount of tax paid and amount of tax refunded.

It's not like the gun store immediately sends Washington state the sales tax from every purchase. If you buy a gun, they don't write a check to the department of revenue that same day. The state will collect their sales tax monthly or quarterly. And if they refund tax on a returned item, they deduct that from the amount they're paying the state the following month.

Every other retailer in WA refunds the sales tax on a returned item. Firearms would be no different than any other item.

Buy a bag of bolts at Ace hardware, and then return it a month later. Your return receipt will show the amount of tax paid and amount of tax refunded.

It's not like the gun store immediately sends Washington state the sales tax from every purchase. If you buy a gun, they don't write a check to the department of revenue that same day. The state will collect their sales tax monthly or quarterly. And if they refund tax on a returned item, they deduct that from the amount they're paying the state the following month.
That's what I was thinking. They literally made it seem like I asked for some favor

Good one,
I pay State sales tax every month. In AZ those bastards try to charge me for paying late or not at all, at least 4 times a year. I use Certified Mail Return receipt and can prove my payments are received in time but they still try

You can yada in one hand & attempt a refund from the State in the other-- See which one fills up first

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top