JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm really interested in going down and trying to pick off some nice pieces.

I'm afraid about how to go about it though. It seems like the kind of folks who would by into this crap would be shocked and appalled at some random dude approaching them with a c-note asking for their scary gun.

What do you guys think? Strategies?
Set up a table that says CASH FOR GUNS! I know during textbook buyback even the Indian restaurant across the street from the bookstore buys back books. A little friendly competition never hurts. I'll bet there will be more people wanting to buy guns than people turning them in.

If Fred Meyer is donating the cards, they will never see another dime from me.

Why? Some Fred Meyer stores now sell guns, ammo, and accessories. I plan on bringing by one of my old Mosin rifles and either private selling or getting the gift card. Either way, I get to buy some ammo for my .22 hobby!

Yeah, isn't that something. A company that sells firearms giving gift certs for a turn-in. In a business sense I understand and totally agree. In a moral sense I find it troublingly inconsistent.

How much you wanna bet next years' gift cards won't be from Fred Meyer? I'd be willing to bet money that Ceasefire Oregon doesn't have a clue that some Freddy's sell guns!

OK, this is taken directly from CFO's website:

"All guns, operable or inoperable, will be accepted at the turn-in with no questions asked. Participants will receive a $75 Fred Meyer gift certificate for each working gun, with a limit of three certificates per person, while supplies last."

Sooooo, don't these statements sort of cancel each other out? Gads, they're even stupid on their own site.

"All guns, operable or inoperable, will be accepted at the turn-in with no questions asked. Participants will receive a $75 Fred Meyer gift certificate for each working gun, with a limit of three certificates per person, while supplies last."

Sooooo, don't these statements sort of cancel each other out? Gads, they're even stupid on their own site.

Not necessarily. They will take any firearm in any condition, but only working guns turned in will be eligible for the certificates. It is kind of a bait and switch tactic in hopes to boost the numbers of how many firearms they can claim were turned in.

If it was near me I would be happy to turn in my POS Tec-22 scorpion for a $75 gift card.. it won't shoot 2 rds in a row without jamming, tried every fix available

Set up a table that says CASH FOR GUNS! I know during textbook buyback even the Indian restaurant across the street from the bookstore buys back books. A little friendly competition never hurts. I'll bet there will be more people wanting to buy guns than people turning them in.

I'll be camping this weekend near PDX. I'll try and remember to bring a sign with me. :)

How are these kooks going to determine if a gun is "working" or not? Are they going to test them? They'll probably be to scared of them and simply say all of them aren't "working" then try their best to finish brain washing the person before giving up the gift card.

Huh, I have a couple airsoft rifles I can probably rig up to seem operational. I should see about getting me $150 for them...Then call them out during their press conference about high powered military assault rifles being turned in.

This is what I experienced last year when I took in a couple of my moms Saturday night special pistols.
The guns in question did not work, one of them if cocked would not index the cylinder. The other pistols cylinder would fall out if cocked. Total pieces of junk.

I drove into the parking lot, waved to the crowd outside the entrance and walked back to the street and showed the people standing there what I was going to turn in.
The guns were passed around and I was offered $10.00 more then the $50.00 "Dead Fred's" certificate for one of them, and that was because it had a decent set of grips on it.

I walked up to the cops, who then checked out the pistol and when he pushed the cylinder release latch, the cylinder promptly fell out onto the ground.
He then handed the two piece pistol over to another cop for inventory (make, model, caliber).
A really nice older lady handed me a gift card. There were no questions asked.

Gun buy-backs are OK with me. They'll never get any of my good guns, but I did get rid of a couple of ancient Iver-Johnson DA 5 shot .38 revolvers at a buy-back. They were both complete pieces of broken junk and I got $50 worth of Fred Meyer gift cards for each of them. $100 ain't bad for scrap. I did see some nice guns being turned in though. Seems a shame that some people don't know what they really have.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top