JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm really interested in going down and trying to pick off some nice pieces.

I'm afraid about how to go about it though. It seems like the kind of folks who would by into this crap would be shocked and appalled at some random dude approaching them with a c-note asking for their scary gun.

What do you guys think? Strategies?
Usually the police set up in the corner of a parking lot and there's only one entrance/exit. As people are driving around to find the entrance there are guys who stand at the entrance waving signs and telling them they'll pay cash for their guns. I've been to a few Ceasefire events, I think one in May of 2010, or maybe 2011, they collected like 400+ firearms, dunno if anyone was able to make any private sales though. The one I went to in Oct of 2011 there were only 70 or so firearms turned in, with a few private sales. The officers I spoke with were more interested in watching football inside the mobile precinct lol.

Based on previous years ([ <broken link removed> ), it doesn't look like they get big turn outs. But you never know when you might find that needle in the haystack. Couldn't hurt to printout and bring a copy of the Oregon state laws regarding FTF private sales. Not everyone is familiar with them and might be afraid they are doing something illegal in front of police.

Last Edited:
Uh huh... I didn't say show up and yell at people.

I said show up wearing a shirt with a message.

A kind demeanor and a message of truth would go farther than just buying up people's guns. It shouldn't turn honest people off.

Who cares how long it's been happening? It's high time people stopped just letting lies be the norm. You shouldn't be considered a freak for speaking the truth.

Right Jack, because these gun turn ins have only been happening since 09.

Want to win? Buy the guns before they get to the grabbers. Want to lose? Wear those shirts, turn people off, and make the gun grabbers' points for them.

You are not going to get them to sell you their guns at the turn-ins. They truly believe they are on a mission to make the society a favor by getting rid of "dangerous" firearms. They probably believe that if everybody becomes a vegetarian, then all animals will live ever happily after and die in their sleep. yah riiiight. A monkey might fly out of my butt, too.

I talked with a beaverton PO who told me to go buy them. He has done it in the past as well. One thing he said which rings true is money talks. While there may be many that do believe they are doing the world a service, there are those who really do not know anything about firearms or the value of the gun. Therefore they will be more willing to sell the firearm for more and actually get cash they can use at other places than Fred Meyer or Target.

I got on the ceasefireoregon.org and this is the date they have for the buyback/turn-in.... They could be trying to throw possible purchasers off though...
Saturday, August 18, 2012
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Memorial Coliseum, Portland
300 North Winning Way, North Benton Parking Lot

I got on the ceasefireoregon.org and this is the date they have for the buyback/turn-in.... They could be trying to throw possible purchasers off though...
Saturday, August 18, 2012
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Memorial Coliseum, Portland
300 North Winning Way, North Benton Parking Lot

Can't be a "buy back" as the police/government never owned them.

I'm not proud of this, but long ago I took an Astra 6" .357 with a severely cracked forcing cone and the tip of the trigger broken off (of all things) and flipped it for Ceasefires gift cert. OK! I'm really proud that I did that!

So is Ceasefire Oregon compensating the PD for the non-profit, non-publicly funded event they are 'parading' around at?

I doubt it. I'm sure their time is donated by the mayor/police commissioner, Sam Adams. I think the city has contributed to these financially in the past.

Uh huh... I didn't say show up and yell at people.

I said show up wearing a shirt with a message.

A kind demeanor and a message of truth would go farther than just buying up people's guns. It shouldn't turn honest people off.

Who cares how long it's been happening? It's high time people stopped just letting lies be the norm. You shouldn't be considered a freak for speaking the truth.

You do. You blamed Obama for them, which was amusing.

Last time they held one of these gun turn in's, I was going to be a wiseguy and pull into the parking lot, flash the crowd of people waving "Cash for guns" with my mint, bright polished stainless .357 Python, and say "Is this the place where you can dump off a gun and get a free $50.00 gift card".

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top