JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Our friends at Ceasefire Oregon have another event planned to turn in your guns for a $75 Target gift card.

I will be rushing right over to turn in all my guns and I'm sure others here will be joining me. Just kidding. In all seriousness though, it might be a good place to go and pick up a good used gun for cheap. $100 cash is better than a $75 gift card to Target any day.

I might try and head over and pick up a new gun or two if I can find someone to watch my little one for a couple of hours.

Where about is this event panned?

I have $100 cash right here.
Tough to turn down when all they see is a $75 gift card at a place that doesn't really have much to begin with.
I guess most of the turn ins would be from folks who were handed down a firearm and have no use for it, or a wife/husband who passed leaving the wife/husband their rifle/pistol/shotgun..

Either way.. I think its funny that with OR legal private sales we can just snatch up a good deal right infront of the anti's.
I'll even do it with a wink and a smile. :s0155:

Our friends at Ceasefire Oregon have another event planned to turn in your guns for a $75 Target gift card.

I will be rushing right over to turn in all my guns and I'm sure others here will be joining me. Just kidding. In all seriousness though, it might be a good place to go and pick up a good used gun for cheap. $100 cash is better than a $75 gift card to Target any day.

I might try and head over and pick up a new gun or two if I can find someone to watch my little one for a couple of hours.

I was thinking the same thing. Might want to save this number in your cell phone though (FICS Instant Check (And Stolen Gun Checks) 1-800-432-5059) to make sure you aren't buying a stolen gun or one the police are looking for. The website ( <broken link removed> ) says it is free for private sales and this seems like one of those events that would be an easy/anonymous way to destroy/discard evidence and make a quick buck.

As the article says you receive a Fred Meyer gift card (not Target), you can take your gift cards over to the Tillamook Fred Meyer (they sell guns at that one) and get yourself a new gun on Ceasefire's dime.

At some of the turn ins here people were turning in airsoft and bb guns for gift cards, and the local PD were parading them around as if they were a big "win" pulling those dangerous things out of the hands of private citizens.

This is disgusting.

I don't care if we're "Beating" them by selling them BB Guns and Airsoft pistols, they're still "Winning" because people see "Bad guys" turning in their "Bad guns" and keeping people "Safe"

People should show up there with shirts that say "Obama, Fast and Furiously killing people to save them from Guns."

Right Jack, because these gun turn ins have only been happening since 09.

Want to win? Buy the guns before they get to the grabbers. Want to lose? Wear those shirts, turn people off, and make the gun grabbers' points for them.

Thankfully Ceasefire Oregon has been "Winning" by less and less for years now (since 1999) at these gun turn-ins. Their support is so low that in 2009 they couldn't even afford to hold their scheduled annual event.

Last Edited:
A lot of times, these gift cards are donated. I'll be camping up near PDX this weekend. I might have to drop by for a couple hours on Sat. Give me a little something to do and perhaps might be able to save a nice piece or two from the scrap pile.

So are these people exempt from ATF regulations? Don't they have to do a transfer in Oregon that includes a backgroungd check? Just because the police are involved, it's all OK??

I'm really interested in going down and trying to pick off some nice pieces.

I'm afraid about how to go about it though. It seems like the kind of folks who would by into this crap would be shocked and appalled at some random dude approaching them with a c-note asking for their scary gun.

What do you guys think? Strategies?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads