JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know how to transfer firearms to family members? I want to buy a handgun from my first cousin. I am under 21 and this is one of the only ways for me to own a handgun. Is there any legal hoops I need to jump through like talking to a lawyer or does he just write a bill of sale? As well as if I were to use it in self defense would he be held responsible because he sold it to me?

Thanks for the inputs!

Does anyone know how to transfer firearms to family members? I want to buy a handgun from my first cousin. I am under 21 and this is one of the only ways for me to own a handgun. Is there any legal hoops I need to jump through like talking to a lawyer or does he just write a bill of sale? As well as if I were to use it in self defense would he be held responsible because he sold it to me?

Thanks for the inputs!
Assuming you both live in Oregon, exchange cash for pistol and you're done.

Thanks for the inputs!
In oregon, transfers to close family members don't require a background check. Any others do. That link from Kyrsen outlines all the specific exempt relations. First cousins are g2g.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top