JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have not specifically seen how 114 will effect transfers within a family the ones that currently do not require a BGC. Will it now make it so it requires a purchase permit for me to give my adult son or daughter a firearm?

I have not specifically seen how 114 will effect transfers within a family the ones that currently do not require a BGC. Will it now make it so it requires a purchase permit for me to give my adult son or daughter a firearm?
The answer to this is in the text of the bill.

(4) The requirements of subsections (2) and (3) of this section do not apply to: (a) The transfer of a firearm by or to a law enforcement agency, or by or to a law enforcement officer, private security professional or member of the Armed Forces of the United States, while that person is acting within the scope of official duties. (b) The transfer of a firearm as part of a firearm turn-in or buyback event, in which a law enforcement agency receives or purchases firearms from members of the public.
(c) The transfer of a firearm to:
(A) A transferor's spouse or domestic partner;
(B) A transferor's parent or stepparent;
(C) A transferor's child or stepchild;
(D) A transferor's sibling;
(E) A transferor's grandparent;
(F) A transferor's grandchild;
(G) A transferor's aunt or uncle;
(H) A transferor's first cousin;
(I) A transferor's niece or nephew; or
(J) The spouse or domestic partner of a person specified in subparagraphs (B) to (I) of this paragraph. (d) The transfer of a firearm that occurs because of the death of the firearm owner, provided that: (A) The transfer is conducted or facilitated by a personal representative, as defined in ORS 111.005, or a trustee of a trust created in a will; (B) The transferee is related to the deceased firearm owner in a manner specified in paragraph (c) of this subsection.

Last Edited:
the answer to your question is who you transfer your gun to is no one's business....... The state doesn't even want to follow the constitution. Why the hell do you think you should comply with anything they say ?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top