JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a new safe on the way and I'm looking for some advice and discussion on the best ways to organize it. It seems there are quite a few different accessories to achieve maximum storage and convenience, and I'd like to hear what you guys have tried that you liked (and didn't like). In other safes I've had good experience with these handgun hangers, so I plan on getting more of them, and maybe one of these racks to go on the shelf. I also plan on getting some type of storage for on the door, though the ones I've seen only seem to have room for 6 guns on the door of a 24 gun safe. If possible I'd like to find one which could take advantage of the full height of the door for handgun storage. Anyone seen one like that, or possibly another solution? Lastly, it seems lots of folks are fans of the storage rods for rifles. Anything I'm missing?

I have a new safe on the way and I'm looking for some advice and discussion on the best ways to organize it. It seems there are quite a few different accessories to achieve maximum storage and convenience, and I'd like to hear what you guys have tried that you liked (and didn't like). In other safes I've had good experience with these handgun hangers, so I plan on getting more of them, and maybe one of these racks to go on the shelf. I also plan on getting some type of storage for on the door, though the ones I've seen only seem to have room for 6 guns on the door of a 24 gun safe. If possible I'd like to find one which could take advantage of the full height of the door for handgun storage. Anyone seen one like that, or possibly another solution? Lastly, it seems lots of folks are fans of the storage rods for rifles. Anything I'm missing?

If you have an electrical outlet in you safe be sure you get a dehumidifier or some plug in dehumidifiers like:

https://www.amazon.com/Improved-Eva...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00BD0FN8A

I have an accessory rack on my safe door so can store handguns or magazines, etc. Not sure what brand it is since rack is since was included in my Summit safe. I do like the handgun rack over the accessory holder on the safe door. I also like the storage rods but I don't have enough long guns to worry to worry at this point. LED lights are a must have and I have one battery powered light just in case the power it out.

Last Edited:
I have my safe stuffed and it is a biggie. It has a top shelf. I've used the carpet covered pistol holders on the top rack two high. They hold six guns each making it easy to get multiple guns out. They protect your guns. You can see the butt of the gun but I took a labeled to them even with lighting it was dark up there. There expensive but worth every penny to secure your gun.

One thing you didn't mention but I would recommend is LED lighting for the interior so you can see into the deep recesses of your safe. I have the pistol racks that go on the shelf and they work great. They are coated so they don't mar the surface on the pistols. They come in various sizes so you should measure your shelf to make sure they fit. I also have the door hanger which holds 6 pistols plus it has the cool pocket protector for important documents you don't want to burn in case of a fire. You have to be careful which pistols you put on the door because I had some that interfered with closure of the door. They would bump up against a shelf and the door wouldn't close. The solution is to rearrange the pistols so that the large ones are clear of a shelf. Also don't forget a dehumidifier rod.

I have my safe stuffed and it is a biggie. It has a top shelf. I've used the carpet covered pistol holders on the top rack two high. They hold six guns each making it easy to get multiple guns out. They protect your guns. You can see the butt of the gun but I took a labeled to them even with lighting it was dark up there. There expensive but worth every penny to secure your gun.
https://www.amazon.com/Hyskore-Modu...F8&qid=1516295056&sr=1-3&keywords=Pistol+rack

I would suggest that if you get a door organizer that you get one that has a good fire-proof pouch.

In a fire there is a good possibility that your plastic will be piles of goo with metal in it, and the wooden ones will be piles of ashes with metal in them.

A good fire proof pouch can save your important documents. (passports, SS cards, cash, etc.) :)

I would suggest that if you get a door organizer that you get one that has a good fire-proof pouch.

In a fire there is a good possibility that your plastic will be piles of goo with metal in it, and the wooden ones will be piles of ashes with metal in them.

A good fire proof pouch can save your important documents. (passports, SS cards, cash, etc.) :)

The one I have from Liberty comes with two of them. They are nice! :)

8_gun_rack_t.jpg
handgun racks $15
Gun & Ammo Storage: Gun Safety & Storage at Dillon Precision

I had never really thought about a fire proof pouch. Just ordered one from Amazon to go in my safe. Thanks

Liberty Gun Safe Door Organizer | Gun Safe Door Accessories

I bought one of these for my safe Joe. It holds 8 -10 hand guns if I am not mistaken. I would check out Liberty's web site they have all kinds of great stuff. If you need anything you can always call Wayne directly he has always been a huge help and really friendly.

His number is 503-351-0627
This^^^

I have this door organizer for my 23 gun Liberty, it holds 8 handguns and has two insulated letter size pockets on the bottom that are zippered... Extra protection for important documents.

I also use handgun hangers that allow the handguns to hang below the shelves, works great.

I highly recommend a Peet dehumidifier as well as some motion sensored LED lighting. I've got a couple of the small LED light bars from Liberty, but Stack-On makes a triple, multidirectional light bar that's great, nice and bright.

And perhaps one of those rechargeable Ever Dry packs for any errant moisture...

I have found that my safe with just a led strip light and transformer keeps the humidity at no more then 45%, which is pretty close to what museums shoot for.

I keep the LED light on all the time cause it's so efficient and doesn't cost anything really in electricity.

The plastic coated handgun racks that you are looking at work really well for handgun storage.
Gun socks for the rifles are a must, Sack Ups, Allen, or Midway all work fine and keep your rifles from getting banged up.
Another must is a electric dehumidifier rod, I use a Goldenrod but there are several other reputable brands too.
If you have suppressors, bore stores knife cases are great for suppressor storage...they're probably good for knife storage too!
Bore Stores also have nice handgun cases. I use one for storing a handgun inside of a portable handgun safe in the bedroom so handgun doesn't have to rest on the foam - I'm paranoid about rust.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top