JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lots of great info here, thanks guys! I'll keep you updated on what I end up with. Unfortunately the safe doesn't have an electrical pass-through, and I'm not sure if that's something one can add after the fact.

Hey Joe, how about a web address so we can see your new safe?
I like looking at new gun safes! :)

I'm actually doing a bit of safe-swapping with family members. I bought that big Cannon that Costco had on sale for $775 for one of their houses and I'll be taking their Liberty Revolution (due to space and weight requirements in my installation). I don't keep many of my guns in my home so it works well for me :)

Having recently dealt with flooding and a fire I personally would avoid the e- pass-through. Granted that was a run of bad luck but I am guessing you wouldn't carve a hole in a plate just for convenience. LED lighting is the way to go, mine are on a battery pack with a magnetic switch (12-15 hrs between charging) and a rechargeable dehumidifier that gets plugged in overnight every six or so months. Buy more hangers/racks than you need because we all know guns are like rabbits... Hopefully it never happens but if your place burns for an extended period of time the heat will melt most things and a separate fireproof&waterproof storage device inside is a great idea, going to order one today.

Has anyone who doesn't have electricity in their safe tried these?

https://www.amazon.com/Improved-Eva-dry-333-Renewable-Dehumidifier/dp/B000H0XFCS/

Yes. I had for years used the ones Midway sold that are a little bag in a box with a detector. You put the bag in the oven for a few hours when the detector shows it's time. I bought one of those off Amazon and it was so much damn easier I bought another. When one or both show need to recharge just plug it in with an extension cord so it's sitting on a solid surface until it's ready again. The only bad reviews I saw when I bought mine was complaints about the plug breaking. As heavy as they are I suspect this was from trying to plug it is and leaving it hanging there.

Great! I'll order one now.

My safe has a knock out in the back for wiring put one of the electric ones in. Of course when I bought the safe I did not have one and after bolting it down in a closet read about them. Was too lazy to unbolt it so I could get it out to run the wires. So bought the Midway deals. They are like 15 or 20 years old and are still good these things are just so damn much easier to use. Especially in summer when I don't want to have the damn oven on for hours just to dry the bags. :) You should be real happy with these instead.

I ordered a few of these:

MagMinder

Received my MagMinders today:

74449C11-2365-41F3-AC5E-64B247991D5F.jpeg 76F0D2F0-7D69-4600-957C-3F6CE99663ED.jpeg

I had the wife order some Rifle Rods, a magazine holder and two pistol hanger from Gun Storage Solutions. I will post before and after pictures this weekend. I think it will help with the rifles but the only real solution is larger safe!!! :)

00B41A64-3511-4A35-BAF3-594AB8274F0A.jpeg FE6A2770-3D6B-42F0-8022-B9D760963324.jpeg E7980803-2E6F-4236-9109-3AFD610B83F6.jpeg
Before and after.... I mentioned to my wife that there are two rods left over and that that means we are going to have get a couple more rifles. Looks like we are going to be shopping for a pink camo 22LR AR style rifle for her :) And something for me too!!!

Love the rifle rods. They were a game changer. For the door, I went with a custom idea that works great to hang Pistols and I think makes a nice display.
Not my safe, but image gives the idea. Arrange in all kind of manner based on size, cal etc.

ECF90B6E-C7CC-40BC-B86F-C8BE308ED5B5.png C31825F3-5EF7-45DC-A812-9F74CC678117.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top