JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I should point out that it really pi$$es me off this kind of crap goes on, because it is the type of thing the anti's feed off of. But the fact of the matter is it does. We as gun owners should be self policing in that regard, but many are not. The dollar always rules. Especially in a poor economy where a lot of individuals are selling their weapons to pay bills. They will be more inclined to sell to the person who is offering the most, regardless of the legality of the buyer. They feel, what they don't know won't hurt them. They are not required to research or police the seller, the seller is offering a suspiciously large amount of cash for an already overpriced weapon, so why, under those conditions, would they say no? There is no nobility in poverty as they say.

Here is yet another point that motivates these type of sales. Here in Phoenix the ATF has made a lot of stings of known felons who have purchased firearms from unknowing private sellers. That, and the fact there are a lot of cars with California plates sitting in the parking lot. One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to know many of them are shopping privately for guns that are illegal in California, or else are buying Hi-Cap magazines with the intention of taking them back to California.

I've seen several arrests take place in the parking lots of these shows. In most all of the cases the seller walks because they have done nothing wrong. They are not required to run any type of check for a private sale. Most plead ignorance, and nothing happens to them. Or else the seller doesn't even know the guy he just sold to 10 minutes before, is sitting in the back of a cruiser in cuffs. While we all know this doesn't involve any "loopholes" the antis always talk about, it does in fact happen because of the way the current laws are structured. My only hope is because of that, and all of the shenanigans that goes along with it, gun shows do not become a thing of the past.

Didn't think this is such a sensitive subject, eh? From what I can get gather/understand, buyer would pay almost any price for a gun that they desire, whether it's for convenience, don't want the big-brother to know what they have, or whatever reason that prevented them from buying from the retail channel. Sellers set a ceiling price that they want to get and we negociate down from there. Rule of thumb for the regular folks - 80% of retail is reasonable for a used firearm.

Geez, is that so hard? :p

People often have an inflated sense of what their firearms are worth after adding this and that accessory. Generally buyers won't pay for any customization, preferring to do it themselves, in accordance with their own tastes.

Most of my guns were purchased new. The savings is really not there with used firearms. I've only been lucky once.

But there again, nobody is forced to buy anything.

Well considering I do own many firearms that are truly registered I am not sure how that makes me ignorant. Since I am above personal attacks I will skip name calling and stick to the facts.

To find out if it is actually registered you only have to answer one question. Can you legally dispose of the firearm without having to transfer it into their name? If the answer is no, then it is not registration. Can you legally loan your firearm to another person without having to transfer the registration? If the answer is yes then it is not registered. When you move to you have to fill out paperwork for each gun and list the new address? If the answer is no then it is not registered.

With registration any time the gun changes hands there will have to be paperwork done. You will not be able to loan your firearm to anyone because then they would be in possession of an unregistered firearm. With my registered firearms I can not sell, loan, give, trade, ect them to another person without ATF approval or it is a Felony. That is actual registration. If I move they request I update my address, but in this case it is not against the law not to for the ones I own. Some of the registered firearms have to have approval before moving across state lines. Reading the actual state laws, Chapter 9.41 RCW: Firearms and dangerous weapons (so as not to be ignorant) I see where NONE of that is the case.

Again I agree that the form will record the last person the firearm was sold to from an FFL. But the day you buy it you can legally sell it without paperwork so it would no longer be "registered" but would still show you as the last person to purchase it from an FFL.

I didn't say you were stupid,I said you are ignorant,or lacking knowledge.
Your using class III firearm registration as a comparison to any registration???? Can you loan your car to someone legally?? If it's left somewhere the state knows who's door to knock on because it's registered to you.....If some one important is shot,the ballistics say they were shot with a PPS-43, and you are one of 3 people that transferred one,You think they might come knock on your door? You think they might start with registering FFL transfers first, then latter require ALL transfers to be registered like Class III weapons?

Most people don't even know this is happening, and that my friend is the ignorance I'm talking about.
Why are you bragging about owning class III weapons in order to distract from the truth? I'm trying to educate people to what's going on and your making apple vs oranges comparison's that are misleading people from whats going on.....Why?
I have a Licensed FFL renting his shop space from me. He is one of my best friends.He showed me the forms before they made him start sending them to the state.
It's called a State application to transfer pistol or revolver. It's new,and it's a permanent record keeping data base, of ALL pistol and handgun transfer's through All WA. State FFL's. People should know this is happening now. What's next?

Knock, Knock.
Me: Open door. Yes officer?
Officer: Do you own a XXX gun?
Me: No officer.
Me: Well it says you bought it from Bob's gun shop yesterday.
Me: I sold it already.
Me: To who?
Me: Some guy. Have a nice day.

You can NOT do that with registered guns on any model that I am aware of, not just NFA (what you are calling Class 3 which is a Dealer in NFA). This is the EXACT same thing that happens when any gun is transferred though an FFL in WA and most free states. What is different about this "new" form? Not doubting the form is out there but what is the Form number or the RCW/WAC that supports it?

On to the fact about loaning your car, fine. But the fact that still remains is that when you buy a vehicle you get a copy of the registration AND have to provide it in certain situations.

I am not disputing that this could be a bad thing, I say could because I have not seen the actual law and what it says. Just saying it is not registration. It may be a list, a tracking, a whatever but the word registration gets thrown out there too much and then the day it does really come people will ignore it since they think it is already done.

Knock, Knock.
Me: Open door. Yes officer?
Officer: Do you own a XXX gun?
Me: No officer.
Me: Well it says you bought it from Bob's gun shop yesterday.
Me: I sold it already.
Me: To who?
Me: Some guy. Have a nice day.

You can NOT do that with registered guns on any model that I am aware of, not just NFA (what you are calling Class 3 which is a Dealer in NFA). This is the EXACT same thing that happens when any gun is transferred though an FFL in WA and most free states. What is different about this "new" form? Not doubting the form is out there but what is the Form number or the RCW/WAC that supports it?

On to the fact about loaning your car, fine. But the fact that still remains is that when you buy a vehicle you get a copy of the registration AND have to provide it in certain situations.

I am not disputing that this could be a bad thing, I say could because I have not seen the actual law and what it says. Just saying it is not registration. It may be a list, a tracking, a whatever but the word registration gets thrown out there too much and then the day it does really come people will ignore it since they think it is already done.
dont forget this is stupid price of guns thread

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads