JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you don't like the price keep looking till you find one you do like. No problem, there are more out there unless it's something special that you can't get any other way.

Good grief.
Unless they say the price is 'firm' then make them an offer.
If the price is firm then look elsewhere.
Whats the big deal?
I cant phreaking believe we ae having this conversation again.

I can't believe it either, seems like every few days there is someone else whining about this. I've been buying and selling for more years than I care to mention, it's only in the last few that this has come up so often.

If you don't like the price don't buy the gun. I ran into this issue when looking for a P22. Most folks were asking retail prices less tax, transfer etc. I held out and found one for $200. If the price is too high no one will buy it, they will either keep it or lower the price. If someone pays the high price, well then he thought the price was fair and the seller did well for himself.

I feel like I set fair prices as a seller. But then I STILL get LOW-BALLED. NO, I will not sell you my gun for 50-60 bucks less than what I am asking because you have "cash". What else were you going to pay me with?

But, as a buyer I just pass on the ads that price themselves out of the market. No one is FORCING you to buy at that price. So just move along and don't worry about it. Maybe the seller just inflates the price because of the low-ballers on this forum.

Me, I set a realistic price with very little wiggle room. You don't like my price, move along. Just don't cry when I don't answer your low-ball offers.

Just for the pic

Today might be a seller's day and tomorrow might be the buyer's day???

That is just how private sales seem to work.

BeatDeadHorse.gif

And guns are exactly like cars.All are USED when they leave the store,some will go down in price and some will go up in price.Some will drop lower and some will gain a ton and become collector's items.
Some will sell for more in Massachusetts (wow right the first time!) and some better in New Mexico.

Just like cars.

Think why else would people pay over retail cause they don't want to fill out a form that gets destroyed after a couple of months thats the real bull shyte

Wa. State now keeps permanent records of all pistol transfers. It started in July 2011. It's a third form now required even if you have a CPL. It's called a State application to transfer pistol or revolver. It is not destroyed like the Federal form 4473 firearms transaction, or the Local LEA conducts background check. If you don't know this you have not transferred a pistol in WA. lately. It is a new permanent registration of hand guns in WA. State.

As far as your Quote "I think its because many people are having luck selling on forums like this well over retail to people who can't legally obtain a firearm ," Almost all people on this forum request a CPL or WAC to be shown with WDL before sale. I don't think you know what your talking about.

Wa. State now keeps permanent records of all pistol transfers. It started in July 2011. It's a third form now required even if you have a CPL. It's called a State application to transfer pistol or revolver. It is not destroyed like the Federal form 4473 firearms transaction, or the Local LEA conducts background check. If you don't know this you have not transferred a pistol in WA. lately. It is a new permanent registration of hand guns in WA. State.

Uhh I have bought several guns lately from FFL's and have yet to see that form or hear from them about it.

Aaaaahhh ok, so still NOT registration. In registration when you sell the item it HAS to have transfer paperwork go with it. When you sell a car you have the Registration changed to the new owner. When you sell an NFA item you have to have the ATF approve the transfer before you can transfer it. When you transfer a firearm from you to another (selling, trading, giving away, ect) you do NOT have to get approval or fill out a form so is NOT registration.

I will agree that like the 4473 it does record the name of the last person to receive the firearm from an FFL.

Uhh I have bought several guns lately from FFL's and have yet to see that form or hear from them about it.

You don't fill it out they do. Just like the form that goes to your local law enforcement. Ask Any WA. FFL on this site. It's called a State application to transfer pistol or revolver.
I'm surprised how many people don't know their pistol transfer's are being registered with the state now.

Don't take my word for it. ask a Wa. FFL

Aaaaahhh ok, so still NOT registration. In registration when you sell the item it HAS to have transfer paperwork go with it. When you sell a car you have the Registration changed to the new owner. When you sell an NFA item you have to have the ATF approve the transfer before you can transfer it. When you transfer a firearm from you to another (selling, trading, giving away, ect) you do NOT have to get approval or fill out a form so is NOT registration.

I will agree that like the 4473 it does record the name of the last person to receive the firearm from an FFL.
If you transfer a pistol or handgun in Wa. state throgh an FFL, the state now,as of July 2011, keeps that information in a permanent database. If that is not registration what is?
Don't argue something your ignorant about. Ask a WA. FFL

If you transfer a pistol or handgun in Wa. state throgh an FFL, the state now,as of July 2011, keeps that information in a permanent database. If that is not registration what is?

Well considering I do own many firearms that are truly registered I am not sure how that makes me ignorant. Since I am above personal attacks I will skip name calling and stick to the facts.

To find out if it is actually registered you only have to answer one question. Can you legally dispose of the firearm without having to transfer it into their name? If the answer is no, then it is not registration. Can you legally loan your firearm to another person without having to transfer the registration? If the answer is yes then it is not registered. When you move to you have to fill out paperwork for each gun and list the new address? If the answer is no then it is not registered.

With registration any time the gun changes hands there will have to be paperwork done. You will not be able to loan your firearm to anyone because then they would be in possession of an unregistered firearm. With my registered firearms I can not sell, loan, give, trade, ect them to another person without ATF approval or it is a Felony. That is actual registration. If I move they request I update my address, but in this case it is not against the law not to for the ones I own. Some of the registered firearms have to have approval before moving across state lines. Reading the actual state laws, http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41 (so as not to be ignorant) I see where NONE of that is the case.

Again I agree that the form will record the last person the firearm was sold to from an FFL. But the day you buy it you can legally sell it without paperwork so it would no longer be "registered" but would still show you as the last person to purchase it from an FFL.

Yeah see the "ignorant" statement for you would go under the old say,something about "opening your mouth to remove all doubt" ?

No need to call others ignorant on here.Especially when you are wrong on the subject.

Go tell any FFL what you posted on here and they will tell you who is ignorant on the subject.

Now go reread "the ignorant one's" (Nwcid) post again,because you might learn something about the correct WA gun laws and registration.

If any of you have transferred a pistol through an FFL lately, you know that WA. state now requires a state registration of ALL pistols that go through an FFL. I for one don't want WA. state keeping track of my pistol ownership. How many Uzi's or AK pistols do you think it takes to get on their special list? The list that get's you celebrity treatment. It's worth a little extra to me to keep big brother out of my gun safe..........You buy a new Glock on GB for $500. You add $25 shipping,$25 transfer fee if your lucky,sales tax, oh right ,sales fee, $40,your up to $590. And then you have to register it with the state of WA......Private party = added value to me.....Now some people are just in too deep as stated in previous post.And the rest are either moron's , or are looking for a moron.

A lot of people attend gun shows with the intent of selling junk guns for ridiculous prices because they know there are a lot of people shopping there with criminal records who won't pass a background check if they tried to purchase a new weapon from a legitimate dealer. Most of these types don't care about condition, fit and finish, value, or many of the other things a legitimate gun purchaser would. They want a gun that goes bang, period. And most of them are willing to pay for it.

I once worked with a guy who was a little less than stellar in the law and order department, if you know what I mean. He sold a guy his WASR 10 AK for $900.00! I saw the gun in question, and I wouldn't have given $150.00 for it. The thing was beat to hell. He knew the guy was a convicted felon, but saw an opportunity to turn a fast buck. He needed money to pay his lawyer who was in the process of trying to keep him out of jail on a pending extreme DUI charge.

While there are legitimate private sales that involve people who have what amounts to paranoia of the government, a large number of these sales are to people who won't complain about paying over the top prices for beat up guns because it's the only way they can get their hands on one without stealing it. People who are out for the buck don't care, and will sell to many of them. The word gets out what these people sold their crappy, overpriced guns for, and the seed is planted.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top