JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
im sorry people i just have to say this about some prices ive been seeing. why is it that im seeing glocks for 50 to 75 dollars more than a new gun, i have also seen a kel tec for atleast 50 dollars more than a new one with a bunch of rounds through it. get real on your prices.

i think its funny. the reason I think people try to sell there gun for so much more is that they didn't shop around when they wanted a gun and they bought the first gun they liked, and they actually spent more then they are asking for but wont admit it

If any of you have transferred a pistol through an FFL lately, you know that WA. state now requires a state registration of ALL pistols that go through an FFL. I for one don't want WA. state keeping track of my pistol ownership. How many Uzi's or AK pistols do you think it takes to get on their special list? The list that get's you celebrity treatment. It's worth a little extra to me to keep big brother out of my gun safe..........You buy a new Glock on GB for $500. You add $25 shipping,$25 transfer fee if your lucky,sales tax, oh right ,sales fee, $40,your up to $590. And then you have to register it with the state of WA......Private party = added value to me.....Now some people are just in too deep as stated in previous post.And the rest are either moron's , or are looking for a moron.

Seen a few guns on here lately that I would've jumped on - if they'd been priced reasonably. $600 for a used Glock is unreal. Even with night sites, no rounds fired... it's used once you walk out of the store with it. I can see coming *close* to the new price, say, within $50 if it's pristine - but not charging as new price, or higher. But if they can get that much, more power to 'em.

Conversely - there's been some real bargains put up recently also. it kind of evens out - but yeah, some folks simply ask way too much for their used guns. That's everywhere though. You can always PM a lower offer - worst they can say is "no".

Has it been a week already since the last one? I thought those threads were Wednesday and Tuesday was reserved for either AR15 quality debate or why Glocks explode

The Martin Luther King Day holiday through everything off, it'll take a few weeks to work itself out and we'll be back on schedule..........or we could skip over the ones you listed, plus the "1911s with barrels shorter than 5" are undependable." and go straight to the regularly scheduled 9MM vs .40 vs .45 ACP and be back on track.

Prices suck and people ask for what they want and so on and so forth...simple fix. Buy something when the price is right for you. Life becomes instantly easier.
568365ie5zttjn21.gif

If any of you have transferred a pistol through an FFL lately, you know that WA. state now requires a state registration of ALL pistols that go through an FFL.

HUH? When did this start? What law is it being followed under? So if it is registered then what form do you have to fill out to sell it to the next person?

I maybe naive on this, due to the fact I am new to gun ownership. But I do see this from time to time with used motorcycle sales. A new owner buys a bike for $10K + freight + setup fee + BS dealer documentation fee and market adjustment (mark up) + license and tax. In the end, the owner forked over $12K. A few months later, something happens and he changes his mind. He wants to recoup what's owed so he lists the bike for $11K... for a used bike. Makes no sense to me.

Perhaps some of the gun owners is the same way, he/she might be listing the used gun price based on what the total out of pocket expense is. I don't know how well guns keep its resale value but a lot of times I see used gun price right at what you would pay for a new one. Then again, I might be naive. I haven't read any of the previous discussion.

I maybe naive on this, due to the fact I am new to gun ownership. But I do see this from time to time with used motorcycle sales. A new owner buys a bike for $10K + freight + setup fee + BS dealer documentation fee and market adjustment (mark up) + license and tax. In the end, the owner forked $12K. A monthly, something happens and he changes his mind. He wants to recop what's owed so he lists the bike for $11K... for a used bike.

Perhaps some of the gun owners is the same way, he/she might be listing the used gun price based on what the total out of pocket expense is. I don't know how well guns keep its resale value but a lot of times I see used gun price right at what you would pay for a new one. Then again, I might be naive. I haven't read any of the previous discussion.

Guns have a blue book value - in fact every gun shop out there has at least one copy. That's what they typically base what they pay for a gun they take in, either on trade or for cash (they may not necessarily go by that value for their resale price). The Gun Broker stores, for instance, will typically give you 60% (65% if you're trading for another gun, in my experience) of the used value of the firearm for it's given condition. That means if you take in a Glock that is worth 400, you get about $240 to 260 for it. Some shops will offer you less, and sell it for more (pawn shops are great at doing that - that's where you'll see beat to crap guns listed for higher-than-new prices, and Hi Points sell for $300).

Typically though - once your average gun leaves the shop, it's typically worth no more than 80% of it's purchase price since the firearm is now "used". AT that point, just like cars, the condition determines it's actual value. Some folks really do try to recoup all the cash they have in a gun - including the background fees. It's like someone buying a car, deciding they dont' like it, then try to stick you for their insurance cost, gas cost, and registration fees for that car on top of the actual value of the car.

im sorry people i just have to say this about some prices ive been seeing. why is it that im seeing glocks for 50 to 75 dollars more than a new gun, i have also seen a kel tec for atleast 50 dollars more than a new one with a bunch of rounds through it. get real on your prices.

what he said. plus many others than just glocks. i see guns listed here for more $ . like someone buys it on sale at bi mart or nw armory, shoots it and adds 10 or 20 bucks to the price.

I haven't gotten in on one of these threads yet so I'll chime in. A used gun is not a used car. Many used guns have simply sat in someone's safe or drawer or been fired so little it doesn't really matter. Many new guns these days are "used", because they were test fired at the factory. Some people ask more because they have what you may call a "demand" gun - something that isn't around any longer or is hard to get. Pre-98 Glock pistols such as a Generation 2 Glock 19 are worth about 650.00 in Massachusetts because newer ones aren't allowed. I sold a Belgian Browning Hi Power a couple months ago - it was a 1976 model. I lowered my asking price to get it sold, but at the same time I was thinking there will not be any more of that gun made, and since 36 years have passed the ones that are out there might not be in such good shape.

I would agree people need to get real about prices on more common guns that are readily available. A gun isn't worth more to me because it's private party; I'm not trying to hide any gun transactions, afraid of black helicopters, etc. Bargaining is part of what the classifieds are about - almost every gun I've sold on this site, regardless of what it was or what my asking price was, someone usually offers to trade me a surplus rifle (SKS, etc), spent casings, parts, etc or something that is below the value of the item I'm selling. If you don't like the price, try to reason with people.

A used gun is not a used car. Many used guns have simply sat in someone's safe or drawer or been fired so little it doesn't really matter. Many new guns these days are "used", because they were test fired at the factory....

I don't know if I would agree with that. A car or motorcycle is tested after it leaves the assembly line, before leaving the factory. Some even go thru a strenuous engine test to ensure that it functiosn properly and that it maintains proper compression. But you wouldn't call the car an used car at the showroom floor.

Once it leaves the dealership, it doesn't matter if the car just sits in the garage and only as 2 miles on it, it's still an used car and should be considered as one since there is no way of gurantee that the car is properly maintenance at "factory condition". Either can the gun owner say about the gun sitting in the safe for a couple of years that may or may not be regularly serviced. I can see how a discontinued (collectible?) model can demand a higher price.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top