JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Living in a world where most kids are not taught gun safety is definitely a regression, not growth.
It's not just gun safety, it's this insane (or inane) deep seated belief that the world SHOULD be safe for everyone, all the time. As if that's even possible. My thoughts on this tend towards reaping what we have sown by allowing lawyers to be our governing class. Other than lying professionally, and being rewarded for winning arguments by any means, lawyers seem fixated on liability.
As in every negative consequence of an individual's actions can be blamed on someone else. Usually with monetary compensation and other punitive measures at stake .

Along with that mindset is the complete rejection of personal responsibility. Because obviously, if we take responsibility for our actions, we can't blame someone else when we screw up.

Truthfully.. even trained; children are incredibly high risk until a certain age.
...and therein lies the problem. And truthfully, if gun owners could admit it... gun "accidents" happened to trained kids in homes with those beautiful cabinet displays back in that day. The only difference from today is the population growth magnifies the percentage of accidents. I personally wish the pro-gun community would have voluntarily embraced promoting safe storage, we maybe wouldn't face being forced to.
Boebert had the podium and could have made a difference if she considered how non-gun owners perceived her display. She wouldnt have to hide them either.

Do you believe that being told "no", stops them from owning firearms?
This!
Violent criminals are not doing only what the law allows. This is basic stuff.
"Should wild animals be allowed to attack livestock, should harmful bacteria be allowed to exist outside of laboratory conditions, should blackberry bushes be allowed to grow as quickly and efficiently as they do in my backyard "?:confused:

...and therein lies the problem. And truthfully, if gun owners could admit it... gun "accidents" happened to trained kids in homes with those beautiful cabinet displays back in that day. The only difference from today is the population growth magnifies the percentage of accidents. I personally wish the pro-gun community would have voluntarily embraced promoting safe storage, we maybe wouldn't face being forced to.
Boebert had the podium and could have made a difference if she considered how non-gun owners perceived her display. She wouldnt have to hide them either.
I agree. think we should beat them to the punch however.
Popularize small access safes. Make them quality but affordable. Possibly modular and then train with them implemented.
The market and practicing envisioned scenarios/response times could make this work. Its coming anyway.. we might as well be proactive. They have a strong argument with young children, logic dictates elevated caution is necessary. Id just appreciate language in any bill that provides cover and understanding for those without high risk homes if such a bill was passed.

cozy_bear_and_fancy_bear_by_forthebluesy-da6qu13.jpg

I think were gonna lose the safe storage debate, times have changed... I grew up in a time when people displayed their guns in beautiful cabinets on the wall. But those people taught their kids gun safety. Reality is the gun community has grown exponentially, millions of new gun owners living in a more crowded world with higher stress.... not teaching their kids gun safety.
In the context of this discussion, is it "hiding" our hobby to lock our guns up in a safe instead of displaying them on a bookshelf? Now imagine if Boebert displayed her AR15 in a shotlock....

Questions like that is how we grow. Or is the word... evolve.

It's always disgusting when: the idea to restrict the rights/opportunities of the masses, because individuals can't handle freedom/responsibility, is seen as a reasonable measure.

Not implying this is your belief, but this method of thinking has ruined so many things in American society.

It's not just gun safety, it's this insane (or inane) deep seated belief that the world SHOULD be safe for everyone, all the time. As if that's even possible. My thoughts on this tend towards reaping what we have sown by allowing lawyers to be our governing class. Other than lying professionally, and being rewarded for winning arguments by any means, lawyers seem fixated on liability.
As in every negative consequence of an individual's actions can be blamed on someone else. Usually with monetary compensation and other punitive measures at stake .
Im a huge fan of just letting people be a victim of their own stupidity. Or letting nature take its coarse but society seems pretty set on never ending safety nets that all eventually fail.

It's always disgusting when: the idea to restrict the rights/opportunities of the masses, because individuals can't handle freedom/responsibility, is seen as a reasonable measure.

Not implying this is your belief, but this method of thinking has ruined so many things in American society.
Its not but it is a law of human nature thats not gonna change. This is why for something like gun rights how our image is seen by non gun owners is utmost important.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top