JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess some people never got enough attention as a child and they are trying to make up lost time. It happens on both sides of the playing field and just as often.
Other factors are in play of course, but I do note with interest which approach seems to be making headway, and it's not the "discourage your extremists from being seen" side. This makes me a little sad, but it seems to be the attention deficient world we live in.

Thats not how politics works. We live in a world where society decides what rights we have. In the home or not. If your doing something that is demonstrating a hazard to others, it can be outlawed if the majority decides it.
And this is the antithesis of the us constitution.

No way I was going to read all the blathering in this ridiculous thread. I will opt out of notifications so I don't gat so much clutter in my alerts.

Someone said, several times, that majority rules. I think in regard to (paraphase) "If we do stupid things like showing off firearms so people that are horrified by just the sight of gun can see them then we should expect the majority to vote in extremely restrictive gun laws"

Our country doesn't work that way. "Mob Rule" is wrong. What if giving the right to vote to Black Americans had been put up to a vote of the people way back in the mid 1860s? Problem is, the dims have a habit NOW of putting natural rights (Wa I 1639) up to a vote of the people.
You contradict your premise with your last sentence. The truth is we ARE subject to mob rule and I-1639 is proof of that .And because the mob passed it, we have to live with it until we can get a judge who actually understands and upholds the Constitution to overturn it. But until that happens we are stuck with what the mob wanted, regardless of it's unconstitutionality. And that bit of reality sucks!:mad:

You contradict your premise with your last sentence. The truth is we ARE subject to mob rule and I-1639 is proof of that .And because the mob passed it, we have to live with it until we can get a judge who actually understands and upholds the Constitution to overturn it. But until that happens we are stuck with what the mob wanted, regardless of it's unconstitutionality. And that bit of reality sucks!:mad:

Dammit I had to look!

I didn't say it wasn't happening. Guess I should have said it's not supposed to be that way. I was saying it's terribly wrong that it does happen. And the whole damned thing should have been invalidated by a court of law.

Dammit I had to look!

I didn't say it wasn't happening. Guess I should have said it's not supposed to be that way. I was saying it's terribly wrong that it does happen. And the whole damned thing should have been invalidated by a court of law.

What was the primary political affiliation of people who pushed that, again?

I haven't read this whole thread, but enough to be truly surprised at how few seem to understand that Freedom of Expression is a God Given Right, and American to the core.

While I certainly don't agree with some here, I disagree more with those who think that they are in the right when they comment so judgementaly about others personal expressions. I however will defend their right to continue to do so.

BTW, the way a there are a few here that likely wouldn't approve of my hunting rig. With it's Rattlesnake emblem and 'We the People' script. Some apparently might even think I should tone it down, and scrape the American flags off my work rig's side windows

Last Edited:
Thats not how politics works. We live in a world where society decides what rights we have. In the home or not. If your doing something that is demonstrating a hazard to others, it can be outlawed if the majority decides it.

I guess you are not aware that representative republics do not work on the participles of mob rule which is what you just described.

I guess you are not aware that representative republics do not work on the participles of mob rule which is what you just described.

If not mob rule, what would be a good way to characterize the left wing revolution of 2020?

On a political level, most states have an initiative process. That's mob rule. So too is an insecure voting system -- that's more like Oligarchy painted with the brush of Republicanism.

I get what America is supposed to be, but I also think the reality is quite different.

And the entire point of "Negative Liberty" constitutions was to spell out explicitly that certain things were specifically and explicitly forbidden for government to do no matter what the populace may demand.

I was gratified to see that WA has an initiative to move to an Electoral College for governor... too bad it's DOA.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top