JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just out of curiosity, when did #orangemanstweetshurtmysphinchter personally go grab five hundred and twenty thousand 'guns'….sounds like he's been busy 🥴
He never did of course. Trump left it up to our fellow Americans to surrender or destroy their property without compensation. I suspect that most people hid them and are waiting for the day we elect a truly pro-gun president who might order the 2018 rule done away with. Did you not hear of at least one guy who was arrested for possession of his newly contraband machine gun?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/houston-man-first-to-be-indicted-for-bump-stock-possession-since-ban

Ura-ki,

It sounds as though you're not really caring about gun control laws and regulations unless they personally affect you?

Several years ago I was begging for someone, anyone, who would accompany me to a meeting with the House Judiciary Chair to push a gun bill. Not a single f--king person on this or any other gun forum could be bothered to do so. An Australian citizen eventually offer to go with and it was a great success.

So you might understand if I don't find your "many of us take an active roll in contacting our civic leaders, and holding their feet to the fire" to be unconvincing, to say the least.
What do YOU want here, I have made every effort and spent thousands to make positive changes, and yet, here we are! Again, you can sit there on your high horse looking down upon us small potatos and accuse us of doing nothing, but here we are! YOU say we should do more, I ask you WHAT WE SHOULD DO?
You are operating under the delusion that We the People can effect change in our leadership, YOUR FLAT WRONG, this is OryGun, so there is nothing but more of the same sh!tty Democrap leadership, and we all know where that leads,, the same place we have been heading the last 50 years, down the flusher!

So, again, I ask you, WHAT the HELL you want us to do?
Sit out the vote and then pout about it because we got another 4 years of the Pedo and Hoe, or vote for the schmuckle who has no chance, or what,................
We suffer people like you every election cycle, you come here demanding action, but have nothing to offer that any working stiff can just drop everything and go do! You make demands that are impossible for normal everyday Joes and then accuse us of not doing enough

! WHAT THE HELL YOU EXPECT HERE!

61m7abmgFsL.jpg

He never did of course. Trump left it up to our fellow Americans to surrender or destroy their property without compensation. I suspect that most people hid them and are waiting for the day we elect a truly pro-gun president who might order the 2018 rule done away with. Did you not hear of at least one guy who was arrested for possession of his newly contraband machine gun?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/houston-man-first-to-be-indicted-for-bump-stock-possession-since-ban
Sorry, I must have misunderstood the words you typed….
So far it is President Trump up to 520,000 guns grabbed, President Biden zero.

I want to know what it takes for you to refuse a politician your vote? How many guns do they have to ban to make this happen?

The Trump administration claims to have required the confiscation or destruction of up to 520,000 bump stocks.

Yes, right here. https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2018-12-26/pdf/2018-27763.pdf Why is it that you are not familiar with this new rule seeing as how it has been out since 2018?
Voting these days is a choice of lesser evils. Who is going to do less damage.
I voted Trump in 2016 to oppose Clinton. In 2020 I voted Trump because I thought Biden was a senile fool.

You do understand that bump stocks are not guns, don't you?

Long story short, I have a family member who is a gun owner, ccw permit holder (who uses it regularly as well), NRA member. And yet at the same time is AGAINST gun ownership. Ask this person about guns and they will try to talk their hardest to prevent you and everyone you know from buying one. He will tell you protection should be left to the police, and if you want it for plinking just rent one at the range. He even goes as far as saying if you have enemies that would want to harm you, you probably deserve it.

Anyone ever ran across this type of person before?
There are a lot of people in society who think that THEY should be allowed to do things that others should not be.

He sounds like a giant dickhead.

I'm asking you to draw a line. Will you do it?
Yes.

I have drawn a line and I will continue to draw a line when it comes to ANY politician.

And trust me it is NOT ONLY about GUNS and the RKBA issue.

There are MANY subject matters that concern me.

STOP voting for lesser of the evil CON men and CON women.

I have drawn a line since I moved out west.

I drew a line back east but even MORE so out west.

Old Lady Cate

ADDED more.

Last Edited:
I was listening to the radio the other day.

Some man COMPARED the man (JH) who shot Reagan and others to the rest of us gun folks. NO kidding! He is an author but I am not super positive of his name now.

He said that JH was a 'gun nut' and owned many guns (?) and that by doing that made him crazy and that people who own a LOT of guns or who LIKE to shoot, compete, hunt, etc. must be crazy.

Etc.!!!

I am AGAINST JOHN H. getting totally FREE even though he has been 'free' and out of the nut house jail for some time.

Now, he is totally a FREE MAN (In one more week?) and I think that THIS court decision was/is wrong.

I do NOT think that he should have been OUT of there as he already has been AND I think that he should have been given the death penalty whether sane or SO CALLED insane - he attempted to MURDER President Reagan, etc.

I think that OLD MAN BUSH who was friends with that family and had dinner or a meal with JH's Dad the DAY BEFORE THE SHOOTING or close to that time frame wanted Reagan dead too. Uh huh.

Cate

One possibility is he considers himself responsible enough to own a gun but thinks most people arent.

Actually, nothing would make you safer than if you had a gun and nobody else did. So maybe this guy is just trying to make himself as safe as possible and doesn't give a d@mn whether his words make those he is advising less safe.

I once advised one particular lady against getting a gun. Her 16-year old son was seeing a psychiatrist for depression and suicidal ideation. I told her she was out of her ever lovin' mind. A gun makes suicide much easier. I said get a dog or pepper spray or a taser or some combo. She was in a lot more danger from her kid killing himself than from being attacked by a bad guy, I thought.
And HER KID murdering her no matter how she locked up one gun or more!

Just like ADAM LANZA and his Mother.

There is a lot more there but I will leave it THERE.

Cate

"Basically there are gun guys and then there are guys who happen to own guns."
This point by ZA needs to be emphasized. Just like there are "car guys" compared to people who just happen to own cars. My wife owns a car, she is definitely not a "car guy." Geting the non-"gun guy" gun owners to actively protect the 2nd Amendment requires a much better public relations/education campaign than we have today. Getting on the high horse, demeaning others, recalcitrance, arrogance, bluster, threats... none of that does a successful public relations/education campaign make. Those are the elements to a loser strategy. Collectively we need to be better at PR and education than we have been, and especially the organizations that represent our interests.

Prime example of who this thread was referring to.

"i spent hundreds of hours training so i could properly use it"

BULLSHIP.

"But it's far more power than should ever be in the hands of the average civilian.
The bullet fired by the AR-15 is capable of defeating the average police officer's body armor, like a knife slicing through butter. SWAT teams and some of the more specialized units typically are equipped with level IV Kevlar or steel-plated armor, which would stop maybe two or three direct hits, but eventually body armor breaks down after being hit with multiple rounds.
A person wielding an AR-15 has a range beyond 300 yards. For an officer armed with a 9 mm pistol, hitting a target beyond 50 yards is going to be difficult, even for the most accomplished marksman. A bullet fired by an AR-15 travels at three times the velocity as one fired by a 9 mm handgun. And magazines that can feed dozens of rounds into the weapon in the space of minutes clearly were meant for use only on the battlefield."

bla bla bla bla, this dudes just completely talking out his @ss - literally everything above also applies to the hunting rifles or handguns he thinks should be the only guns people should have. name me one centerfire bolt action rifle that isnt as or more capable of all of this - except for the magazines, but a glock 17 or even 19 carries a full one of those "dozens" of rounds hes harping on about. add one magazine in your pocket and you have just as many rounds as an AR with a 30 rounder.

"But it's far more power than should ever be in the hands of the average civilian.
The bullet fired by the AR-15 is capable of defeating the average police officer's body armor, like a knife slicing through butter. SWAT teams and some of the more specialized units typically are equipped with level IV Kevlar or steel-plated armor, which would stop maybe two or three direct hits, but eventually body armor breaks down after being hit with multiple rounds.
A person wielding an AR-15 has a range beyond 300 yards. For an officer armed with a 9 mm pistol, hitting a target beyond 50 yards is going to be difficult, even for the most accomplished marksman. A bullet fired by an AR-15 travels at three times the velocity as one fired by a 9 mm handgun. And magazines that can feed dozens of rounds into the weapon in the space of minutes clearly were meant for use only on the battlefield."

bla bla bla bla, this dudes just completely talking out his @ss - literally everything above also applies to the hunting rifles or handguns he thinks should be the only guns people should have. name me one centerfire bolt action rifle that isnt as or more capable of all of this - except for the magazines, but a glock 17 or even 19 carries a full one of those "dozens" of rounds hes harping on about. add one magazine in your pocket and you have just as many rounds as an AR with a 30 rounder.
He is targeting people who don't know any better, mainly non-gunowners.

LOL! "A person wielding an AR-15 has a range beyond 300 yards." C'mon man! Range is simply velocity multiplied by the time of bullet flight, and depends significantly on the shooting angle with 45 degrees generally producing maximum range. Virtually any handgun can achieve a range well beyond 300 yards. This Michael Fanone joker provides absolutely no context for what he is spewing, and that alone should clue you into the fact that he is writing naught more than a propaganda piece. Good grief, the crap CNN pulls...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top