JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
We have a lot of gun shops out there competing for limited business.

I am a safety Nazi and I make no apologies for it. Every shop in town knows when I come in, to open the action of any gun before they hand it to me, because I WILL say something if they don't. It's a basic safety rule, and no I DON'T "trust" that your employees checked this weapon back in to make sure a customer didn't put a live round in the chamber when he handed it back. GTF over it.

It "AMAZES" me that I am still treated with the utmost respect, friendliness, (and a bit of ribbing, which I'm fine with) by ALL of these gun stores.

And if *I* had received the same treatment as PBP is describing, I would have been extremely upset and gone to the manager too. ME, the safety "NAZI." Because what the employee did wasn't in the interest of safety.

I've done customer service in one form or another since I got out of the military 30 years ago. I really DO know WTF I am talking about. And what was described was OUTRAGEOUS. I would be really ticked off if someone did it and give them exactly ONE chance to change their attitude or be gone. I would have offered PBP a $50 gift card on the spot and promised it would never happen again and then have bit the clerk's *** so hard he'd NEVER forget it.

It wasn't just being rude, it was being borderline physically assaultive. (look at the Youtube).

Either PGP is just a really good liar or it did happen. After several othewr complaints from different people about different stores in this chain, I know who I'm mnore ready to believe. And it isn't Whole Sale Sports.

Maybe.....just maybe, what was described is not accurate. Did anybody ever think of that little twist?

Didn't say he is a liar. I said, "Maybe.....just maybe, what was described is not accurate." Could be he is not well grounded in what is reality and what is fantasy.

PlayboyPenguin is one of the oldest and most well respected members of this board. If you're going to make an accusation like that, you'd darn better well have some evidence besides your uninformed conjecture.

If you're going to fit in here, you may wish to start by showing respect to the other members.

PlayboyPenguin is one of the oldest and most well respected members of this board. If you're going to make an accusation like that, you'd darn better well have some evidence besides your uninformed conjecture.

If you're going to fit in here, you may wish to start by showing respect to the other members.
Funny, no one had a fit when I said that we only have one biased version of the event.

o-m-g oldest forum member, can't be wrong. You do realize that sounds like something from the schoolyard, right?

Funny, no one had a fit when I said that we only have one biased version of the event.

o-m-g oldest forum member, can't be wrong. You do realize that sounds like something from the schoolyard, right?
Actually, what they are doing is pointing out that I have an established history with this forum and that I have no history of, or motivation to, create a false story. However, an account used only to make accusation with no previous history is quite suspicious. I have no vested interest in drawing attention to the poor practices of management at this business. However, they and their friends have quite a vested interest in disputing the fact that they are failing in their duties.

Actually, what they are doing is pointing out that I have an established history with this forum and that I have no history of, or motivation to, create a false story. However, an account used only to make accusation with no previous history is quite suspicious. I have no vested interest in drawing attention to the poor practices of management at this business. However, they and their friends have quite a vested interest in disputing the fact that they are failing in their duties.
Hey man, you're the one getting fluffed, so enjoy it. :)

False is an interesting word. Frankly though, we only have your perspective and emotional response to go off of. Your time on the forum doesn't mean anything beyond you having been on the forum for a time and developed a fan following.

Any new info from the Canadian mothership?

False is an interesting word. Frankly though, we only have your perspective and emotional response to go off of. Your time on the forum doesn't mean anything beyond you having been on the forum for a time and developed a fan following.

I guess I rushed when typing. It isn't necessarily that he's been here a long time (he has!), it is that he's had a personal/business interactions with a huge number of people on this board, and no one has had even a single bad thing to say about the guy. Until, of course, he had a single complaint to make and people are accusing him of being a liar. Out of the people on this board, I'd have a hard time choosing anyone of greater character.

Nope, been talking to Jon Larson.

I go into the Clackamas WS store fairly often. 99% of the time the service is good. The selection is decent and often they have things that I dont find anywhere else.
I am glad they are around. They provide some competition that keeps other stores in check.

You seem to be confused. I did not make an accusation.
And, by the way, just because he is one of the oldest members on this forum does not automatically earn my respect. Especially after seeing that you tube thing.

I am sure they will make every futile attempt to appease you, however you have already stated that you do not want anything from them. So you are wasting everyones time intentionally, or you just don't know what you want. We can only make our own assumptions as to the motives for your original post and video (wich I myself thought was highly outlandish and unbelievable). This scenario may have happened like you portrayed in your video, or at least in your own mind that is how it went down. I am not incinuating that you are a liar at all, simply that we do not have both sides of the story to make our own determination as to wether or not this encounter will or should have an affect on our patronage to Wholesale Sports. We will probably never know what their (Wholesale Sports's) side of the story is because it would be stupid for them to get involved in this conversation as it is on this forum. Hopefully you get some resolution to your grievance with them. I will continue to be a customer regardless of the outcome.

I am sure they will make every futile attempt to appease you, however you have already stated that you do not want anything from them. So you are wasting everyones time intentionally, or you just don't know what you want. We can only make our own assumptions as to the motives for your original post and video (wich I myself thought was highly outlandish and unbelievable). This scenario may have happened like you portrayed in your video, or at least in your own mind that is how it went down. I am not incinuating that you are a liar at all, simply that we do not have both sides of the story to make our own determination as to wether or not this encounter will or should have an affect on our patronage to Wholesale Sports. We will probably never know what their (Wholesale Sports's) side of the story is because it would be stupid for them to get involved in this conversation as it is on this forum. Hopefully you get some resolution to your grievance with them. I will continue to be a customer regardless of the outcome.
Actually, I did not want anything physical from them. As evident of me turning down a gift certificate from their corporate office, but now I do want something from them. I want them to put in place a training system for their gun counter employees that teaches them how to properly respect firearms and their customers. In fact, after their little attack game on here, it has become a little pet project now. Funny, had it not been for those childish tactics I would have just walked away. Now it will become interesting and I will post updates as I am allowed to do so.

Actually, I did not want anything physical from them. As evident of me turning down a gift certificate from their corporate office, but now I do want something from them. I want them to put in place a training system for their gun counter employees that teaches them how to properly respect firearms and their customers. In fact, after their little attack game on here, it has become a little pet project now. Funny, had it not been for those childish tactics I would have just walked away. Now it will become interesting and I will post updates as I am allowed to do so.

So you believe that the new members chiming in on this thread are all employees of wholesale sports ganging up on you? If they are, I guess that would make sense since you attacked them first with your "childish tactics" video. Just sayin', if the new people on the forum are employees, they were just defending themseleves and possibly their jobs and livlihood.

If you do convince them to start a safe firearms handling program out of this whole mess, than that is a good outcome. I would be surprised if they didn't have some type of safe firearms handling training program already, seems kinda stupid not to, leaves a big company open to lawsuits in this day and age.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads