JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not having a need for this service, I didn't know there are firms that will process brass for hire. But I looked in Google, there they are. I don't know if they do conversions, but many advertise .223 processing specifically. Of course conversion to .20 is more involved. If you call around to some of these places, they may offer the service or know of someone else who does it.

.223 brass is fairly thin, as rifle brass goes. But the smaller you go, the closer the tolerances get. So I'm thinking that neck turning might be necessary to get a .20 Practical out of a stock .223.

.20 Practical reminds me of the earlier, .17 - 223. I saw one of these rifles the other day in a local gun shop. One of the few (if not the only) factory made rifles in this cartridge, a Sako L461 with an H&R rollmark. There was a time when .17 was the latest thing, I think starting around late 1960's to early 1970's. Including the .17 Rem.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top