JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
No, but I think a history of bad experience based on complaints by numerous people would justify terminating offenders. Instead the same people still work there that did when they first earned their bad reputation.
There are reasons there that simply don't understand, because it's a business issue for them. Want to affect it personally, go work there and earn up to a management role. If you aren't going to do that, then shop somewhere else.

Lot of people go on about how they think a business should do x or y, but the rubber never hits the road and people generally don't do anything to address the "grave injustices" they feel they've been forced to endure. Of course other than post one sided "reviews."

You did manage to inspire me though. I just sent an e-mail to their US headquarters and their Canadian headquarters with a link to the video and a request for them to review the surveillance tapes. I made it sound like I might be pressing charges just to get them interested.

Man, that's something I see video players do when they lag out of games. Do you know what companies do with contacts like that? Either auto-reply, since it was tl;dr Alex Jones quality stuff, or saw that the issue had no reasonable outcome, especially from the pressing charges bs (we all know it's bs since it would have already been done.), and just throw the contact out.

I mean, that's not even an adult, or reasonable action to take. You basically told them, "Ignore me, I'm going to troll you."

There are reasons there that simply don't understand, because it's a business issue for them. Want to affect it personally, go work there and earn up to a management role. If you aren't going to do that, then shop somewhere else.

Lot of people go on about how they think a business should do x or y, but the rubber never hits the road and people generally don't do anything to address the "grave injustices" they feel they've been forced to endure. Of course other than post one sided "reviews."
I have hired and fired more people than you can imagine. I ran a house flipping business for god's sake and owned a restaurant. I know how to deal with employees. A trait I can see you lack. If someone is a liability and has multiple offenses you part ways. You do not play "good ol' boy" politics with a business. Especially one that isn't yours. The store managers may not want to take action. I doubt their superiors would feel the same way.

When in doubt, sue it out, eh?
tsk tsk.
Save your childish "tsk, tsk" for a relevant topic where you think acting 9 years old might be appropriate. No one sued anyone here. In fact I made it clear I wanted nothing from them. It would have never even gone any further until the sock puppet accounts started popping up. Then I decided to notify their corporate headquarters. They brought that on themselves.

I really don't see what the problem is here. If you don't like the customer service somewhere then go buy somewhere else. Simple as that. Yet instead it's on the 4th page of complaining about something that the majority of people (myself included) would just drive down the street to another business and buy from. Brightwater is only a couple blocks away.....

I have hired and fired more people than you can imagine. I ran a house flipping business for god's sake and owned a restaurant. I know how to deal with employees. A trait I can see you lack. If someone is a liability and has multiple offenses you part ways. You do not play "good ol' boy" politics with a business. Especially one that isn't yours. The store managers may not want to take action. I doubt their superiors would feel the same way.

Ah yes, a trait I lack. I bet. You know a lot about what you don't know, dontcha?

A house flipping business, sweet, thanks for contributing to the housing bubble, btw.

You have no clue what the store manager's action is or will be, and you have no reasonable right to know, you just want to cram your nose into how they run their business, which ain't your place. I see complaints like yours all the time, there is quite seriously, nothing they can or will do that will make you happy, and it appears that your only course of action is simply to poison the well.

Go for it, you won't make a dent in them, but if tilting at windmills makes you feel safe and warmy, enjoy.

Save your childish "tsk, tsk" for a relevant topic where you think acting 9 years old might be appropriate. No one sued anyone here. In fact I made it clear I wanted nothing from them. It would have never even gone any further until the sock puppet accounts started popping up. Then I decided to notify their corporate headquarters. They brought that on themselves.

Ah, so you have the ip addresses of those accounts and have verified they were Wholesale Sports employees, or did you simply use your existing bias to jump to that conclusion? Now if you have those ips, how did you get them? You're not a moderator, so it would in effect be a privacy issue.

Ah yes, a trait I lack. I bet. You know a lot about what you don't know, dontcha?

A house flipping business, sweet, thanks for contributing to the housing bubble, btw.

You have no clue what the store manager's action is or will be, and you have no reasonable right to know, you just want to cram your nose into how they run their business, which ain't your place. I see complaints like yours all the time, there is quite seriously, nothing they can or will do that will make you happy, and it appears that your only course of action is simply to poison the well.

Go for it, you won't make a dent in them, but if tilting at windmills makes you feel safe and warmy, enjoy.
So you are saying that responses from customers that are treated poorly should be censored and have no place in public forums...and that a company barely making a profit (in fact not making a profit in the US) can't be hurt by poor customer service?

I guess the board management disagrees with you since there are entire sections of the forum dedicated to spreading the word about the customer service of different businesses here in the area.

Ah, so you have the ip addresses of those accounts and have verified they were Wholesale Sports employees, or did you simply use your existing bias to jump to that conclusion? Now if you have those ips, how did you get them? You're not a moderator, so it would in effect be a privacy issue.

It doesn't take a genius to see when accounts start appearing to post on a topic that wouldn't be relative to anyone else that something is going on. As far as IP addresses, I can change those easily using my cell phone to post.

I'm simply saying reasonable complaints are actionable, unreasonable ones are ignorable.

Expecting a public spectacle where a store manager tells you what they did and how many people they fired because you wanted it is unreasonable.

Their profit or loss is not relevant and makes it sound as if you are making it a personal crusade. Poor customer service is an issue that they can handle within their doors, servicing a poor customer is a difficult proposition, because you can't ever make them happen, and if you do engage them, it only emboldens them to make ridiculous threats like youtube videos, pressing charges, etc.

I don't know you, and I don't care if they ever serve you again. I'm simply telling you that you aren't making a good case for yourself if you actually want a resolution, you're acting like an unreasonable thorn. You're basically asking them to ignore you. After watching about 10 seconds of the video, and reading this thread, I can tell that you're just venting your spleen, and really don't give a rip about what they do. Store manager comes on to extend and olive branch, and you crapped on it.

I wonder if you didn't create the situation you are complaining about simply from poor behavior.

I'm simply saying reasonable complaints are actionable, unreasonable ones are ignorable.

Expecting a public spectacle where a store manager tells you what they did and how many people they fired because you wanted it is unreasonable.

Their profit or loss is not relevant and makes it sound as if you are making it a personal crusade. Poor customer service is an issue that they can handle within their doors, servicing a poor customer is a difficult proposition, because you can't ever make them happen, and if you do engage them, it only emboldens them to make ridiculous threats like youtube videos, pressing charges, etc.

I don't know you, and I don't care if they ever serve you again. I'm simply telling you that you aren't making a good case for yourself if you actually want a resolution, you're acting like an unreasonable thorn. You're basically asking them to ignore you. After watching about 10 seconds of the video, and reading this thread, I can tell that you're just venting your spleen, and really don't give a rip about what they do. Store manager comes on to extend and olive branch, and you crapped on it.

I wonder if you didn't create the situation you are complaining about simply from poor behavior.
Making it personal? You mean like it actually happened to me? What a ridiculous statement. I know you think it made your comment seem like it carried some weight but it was really quite silly.

As far as a public spectacle is concerned, none is needed. All one has to do is be aware of their past issues (which many on here are and the manager has admitted to publicly in the past and to me directly) and then go into the store and see the same employees doing the same things a year later. Wouldn't you think that was an issue? Would that make you think management is doing it's job?

Silly is your video. Silly is your crapping on the attempt the store manager made. Silly is that you can't stand a point of view counter to yours. All that makes me lean towards the belief that you created a situation, and now are complaining about it.

You aren't looking for a resolution, you're looking for a pile on. That is the real "issue."

If you're aware of their past issues, and you still decide to do business with them, then those issues weren't relevant to them, now or back then. Again though, we only have your version of the event, and you're biased. That's silly.

Cheers dude, you should make a video about how the internet didn't agree with you.

Silly is your video. Silly is your crapping on the attempt the store manager made. Silly is that you can't stand a point of view counter to yours. All that makes me lean towards the belief that you created a situation, and now are complaining about it.

You aren't looking for a resolution, you're looking for a pile on. That is the real "issue."

If you're aware of their past issues, and you still decide to do business with them, then those issues weren't relevant to them, now or back then. Again though, we only have your version of the event, and you're biased. That's silly.

Cheers dude, you should make a video about how the internet didn't agree with you.
Really? Just what attempts did he actually make outside of a possibly insincere apology? He admits they have been having issues for awhile. He made no claim to rectifying them. The same people are still doing the same things. So I ask you again, does that sound like the issue is being handled?

I'll say that I think Penguin was/is completely reasonable here. The shop treated him poorly, and he told others about it. The manager's apology read completely insincere and though I appreciate his attempt, it was somewhat insulting.

I will say that if I were a betting man, that I'd put large sums of money on the newbies being connected to the store in some fashion.

Really? Just what attempts did he actually make outside of a possibly insincere apology? He admits they have been having issues for awhile. He made no claim to rectifying them. The same people are still doing the same things. So I ask you again, does that sound like the issue is being handled?

Best you can get is wait and see.

I'd be amazed if the guy invests any more time in talking to you.

Listen, I'd be just as upset if I was treated like a clown when I was looking to spend some money. I'd go somewhere else. I wouldn't crap all over someone contacting me to make it right. No matter how much I wanted to. I'd act like a grown *** man, give my thoughts without crapping all over him, and call my business with their org done.

I just recently did precisely that with united airlines. This whole thing is just ridiculous internet anger.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top