JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Actually, I did not want anything physical from them. As evident of me turning down a gift certificate from their corporate office, but now I do want something from them. I want them to put in place a training system for their gun counter employees that teaches them how to properly respect firearms and their customers. In fact, after their little attack game on here, it has become a little pet project now. Funny, had it not been for those childish tactics I would have just walked away. Now it will become interesting and I will post updates as I am allowed to do so.

Then why don't you just get a job there and then you can make the changes that you like? I mean, after seven pages of complaining and accusations of new members working for WS it seems your no closer to your end game than from page one. If anything, farther from it.

The manager came on here and offered a apology, offered you a gift card and yet it's still not good enough.

Look at it this way, you say you have owned several businesses, how would you handle it if a customer came into your business, demanded changes, and yet still continue to bash you online by making you his/her "pet project"? I don't know of anybody that wouldn't give that person the big middle finger!

Let it go dude. Just move past it and take your business elsewhere.

Then why don't you just get a job there and then you can make the changes that you like? I mean, after seven pages of complaining and accusations of new members working for WS it seems your no closer to your end game than from page one. If anything, farther from it.

The manager came on here and offered a apology, offered you a gift card and yet it's still not good enough.

Look at it this way, you say you have owned several businesses, how would you handle it if a customer came into your business, demanded changes, and yet still continue to bash you online by making you his/her "pet project"? I don't know of anybody that wouldn't give that person the big middle finger!

Let it go dude. Just move past it and take your business elsewhere.

The qualifying part there is "several business' "

I often visit the Silverdale, Wholesale Sports store and have always been treated courteously without any problems whatsoever. I have purchased firearms and reloading components and other merchandise and the staff and gun counter folks have always been professional, friendly and knowledgeable. I plan to continue shopping there.

A few years ago I visited a Wholesale Sports store in another area and while looking across the gun counter, my leg was partially inside the space between the counters. A young counter clerk immediately and abruptly redressed me in front of other customers in a curt and offensive manner noting that I was violating store policy by trying to enter the restricted space behind the counter. One of the other customers told me to report his behavior to the manager, but I did not although I should have.

I've bought two guns there and both times been treated nicely. First time was for a Sig p226. Younger guy behind the counter wasn't super helpful (this was right before closing) but he did ok. The lady there did all the paperwork and she was very just down to business and didn't talk much (again fine since I bought it and was ready to leave). Is say that trip was just average.

Next one I bought a Sig522 total impulse buy. I wanted to make sure it had a threaded barrel and the one guy couldn't tell me for sure. Sort of passed me onto another guy who own a 522 and told me it did. At that point I told him I wanted to see that it was threaded. Well the flash guard was on tight to where he couldn't do it right there. So he took me over by the archery area and went in the back. I followed him where he politely told me I couldn't come on back but I could watch through a window. So I did and saw it was threaded and he put it back together. Then without asking he even showed me it wasn't damaged and no marks left. I bought it right then. Was super impressed since both guys were willing to do everything I asked and even went above it.

I'm a fan of their store since its close to me. I would support a local mom and pop if we really had any here

So you believe that the new members chiming in on this thread are all employees of wholesale sports ganging up on you?

If that's how it works, one can definitely make a case for Penguin being a shill for Brightwater Ventures which is just a couple blocks away from WS.

I was just at Brightwater today and they had a bi-tone Springfield Armory XDs in stock. If anyone is looking for one you might want to give them a call.

I went to Brightwater today and ordered one. I could not decide whether I wanted one in 9mm or .40S&W so they ordered one of each so I can chose which one I want when they come in.

I am going over to Brightwater and ordering a 4.5" Beretta Neos Inox today.

I started calling around looking for the stainless version and found that Brightwater had one in stock. They even had it for less than Keith's had it priced.

Brightwater Ventures is by far the best place to buy a gun in this area. Best selection, lowest prices, etc.

I think Santa (or "satan") has decided to bring me a two-tone .40S&W Sig P250 Compact. I mainly think that because I picked it out at Brightwater and told him where to go pay for it today. :D

If you watch the video you will see why I am safe. I bought it at Brightwater.

I know that Brightwater has one in stock.

Yay!! I got a call from Brightwater Ventures last night and I won the monthly raffle for gun giveaway.

I guess I would have to say Brightwater is my regular gun shop now.

Okay, I am not a big fan of full sized M&P's (or full sized guns at all for that matter) but when I saw this gun at Brightwater yesterday I was quite taken with it.

Some came from the internet and some from Brightwater.

I am going to head over to Brightwater tomorrow and pick up the SIG P250 subcompact that has been taunting me.

I stopped by Brightwater today just to confirm that I did remember to specify that I want the two-tone model when I ordered my Sig P250 Compact the other day (I have a tendency to only complete part of my conversations in my head and forgetting to say important parts out loud). When I was there I was told that the salesperson did hear me when I said two-tone but that he could not remember if I said compact or sub-compact. To make sure he just ordered both.

I just wish Brightwater had lay-a-way. I have bought 90% of my guns that way.

I have been waiting for this one for quite some time. I came home from practice today to find an e-mail from our friends over at Brightwater and I had to rush right over.

My son picked it up for me as an x-mas gift at Brightwater Ventures. I did a review video of it you can watch buy clicking the link below.

I was torn between it and the SIG P250sc at Brightwater but then I noticed the P250sc there has the old style internals and not the new ones. That turned me off a bit so I went with the SR9c today.

I ordered one at Brightwater the other day

Brightwater Ventures really screwed me over (and not in a way where they at least bought me dinner first). I went in an hour or so ago and picked up one of the new SpeedVaults that mount vertically (which is super cool BTW). The problem is just how in the world am I supposed to lie to my family about how much I spent when there is more than one price tag on the thing??? Geez, guys! One price tag!

So... does anyone know what a shill makes, cause I'm definitely for sale. Nick & Matt, I cleared out some space in my PM box just for you. 24v341c.jpg

Penguin - I know you're not all bad, keep up the good work with helping the animal shelters.

A lot of you seem wrapped around the axle because PP brought his opinion/experience with a gun shop to a gun forum. It's got to suck that you'd spend so much time telling him why he's wrong vs. just highlighting your own positive experiences or just going out and supporting a vendor you like.

A lot of you seem wrapped around the axle because PP brought his opinion/experience with a gun shop to a gun forum. It's got to suck that you'd spend so much time telling him why he's wrong vs. just highlighting your own positive experiences or just going out and supporting a vendor you like.

This is the first logical post in about 6 pages.

Actually, I did highlight just one such positive experience, a mere two pages back. Nobody was interested, since peeing on the campfire seems to be the sole reason for this thread's existence.
(BTW, that gorgeous S&W 25-2 at Cut Above Pawn sold in just two days. Hey PP, was that you that snapped it up?)

It's been my experience that people go off like Penguin Boy did when they get called on doing something wrong. Usually they are more upset at embarassing themselves than over the real issue. Kind of like the reaction you get from a tailgater when you tap on the brakes.

You're one of those idiots who steps on the brakes when being tailgated? That says it all.

Meanwhile... PP is sitting behind a computer somewhere in his Superman undies loving all of the attention (good or bad) he's getting right now..... :s0077:

Actually, I did highlight just one such positive experience, a mere two pages back. Nobody was interested, since peeing on the campfire seems to be the sole reason for this thread's existence.
(BTW, that gorgeous S&W 25-2 at Cut Above Pawn sold in just two days. Hey PP, was that you that snapped it up?)
I wish...I am in Vancouver these days.

If that's how it works, one can definitely make a case for Penguin being a shill for Brightwater Ventures which is just a couple blocks away from WS.

So... does anyone know what a shill makes, cause I'm definitely for sale. Nick & Matt, I cleared out some space in my PM box just for you. 24v341c.jpg

Penguin - I know you're not all bad, keep up the good work with helping the animal shelters.

Actually, if you paid attention you would notice I always give credit where credit is due and Brightwater has deserved a lot of credit. Of course, when they treated me poorly I was just as quick to mention that as well. I did not go back in there for a long time after posting about a bad experience buying an AR lower, but when I did do you know what they did different than the "managers" at Wholesale Sports? They fixed the problem and didn't just keep apologizing through their teeth.

PlayboyPenguin is one of the oldest and most well respected members of this board. If you're going to make an accusation like that, you'd darn better well have some evidence besides your uninformed conjecture.

If you're going to fit in here, you may wish to start by showing respect to the other members.

Kinda this. When a "liberal" (Not meaning to put anything on you PBP) member of the board, with a well-known self-effacing sense of humor describes something like this (And goes to the trouble of doing it) I tend to believe this is not just all made up.

Occam's Razor, which is more likely true: That the OP was exaggerating (despite his very wide credibility here) or that it really did happen.

Something tells me it wasn't PBP being an idiot. There are other members here whom I might be more skeptical of. PBP, not so much. Combine this with the SEVERAL other threads about this particular vendor? Ya, I think Occam is clearly on the side of PBP.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads