JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I had what was probably the worst buying experience I have ever had at a gunshop (and I have had some really bad experiences). It is too long of a story to write the whole thing but lets just say the guy behind the counter was a real tool and was getting off on playing safety nazi. Which he was doing poorly. I have had issues with Wholesale Sports in the past but tried giving them the benefit of the doubt. After this experience I doubt I will ever make that mistake again. I spoke to the manager on the way out, and even though he claimed to agree with my point of view, he spent the whole conversation trying to justify the poor behavior.

If you want to know the whole story I posted a video where I act out what happened in detail.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zruybXxGydI

I was in there looking at a Kimber and picked up the gun, wheeled around and pointed it at the floor with the action open and no mag in place. The clerk told me I had to keep the gun pointed toward the back wall, but he didn't grab it out of my hand. I bought the Kimber from another store.

On edit: out of fairness I should add, at no time was the muzzle of the Kimber pointed anywhere but down, also, I did not know that they wanted the muzzle pointed only at the backboard. I didn't see any signs nor did the employee say so till I had turned around. Maybe they need to let you know first? I also have never dry fired ANY of the weapons I've looked at there.

Also, I did buy some ammo there earlier, paid $35 a box of 20 for .45 Golden Saber +P. I knew it was high priced but I hadn't seen any anywhere else. A few days later I found it online for under $17 a box and ordered 500 rds. Do I feel cheated? Not really, they had what I wanted/needed and I was willing to pay to have it in my hands immediately.

As often as I see the people behind the counter at our local store here in Burlington stand behind the counter and repeatably dry fire the pistols over and over and over..
Then once saw a pair of them playing cowboy draw fire at each other..
seen them drop more then just a couple..

ya.. I dont intend to buy from them.

Besides, I have Kesselrings and skagit arms here, no reason to buy from them. :)

I do buy some reloading stuff there...

I found it funny at the end when you said to support your local independent dealer and then the thing comes up to support your local animal shelter.
Usually, I just get ignored at WS.
Btw, subbed.

I found it funny at the end when you said to support your local independent dealer and then the thing comes up to support your local animal shelter.
Usually, I just get ignored at WS.
Btw, subbed.
My local dealer pretty much smells like an animal shelter. He should make his employees work on their hygiene a little harder.

I hate the big box stores IF i have to ask for someone to help me. They all seem to act like they are gods gift to the gun world. I support my local family owned gun shop.

Greetings Northwest Firearms,

Yesterday, Mr. Penguin was in our store and it was good to speak with him. Thanks for taking the time to bring it my attention. You were very courteous. It was good to meet you. Thank you too for recommending a store where you feel the firearm handling at the gun counter is handled well (Brightwater). I should have some time today to visit them and see if there are ways to better serve our customers in the future. They run a great business. I hope to be able to earn your business back someday.

Our team may have been a little over board with the muzzle control. I was glad to hear that they cleared the firearm and did ask that it be pointed in a safe direction. Our intention is to provide a safe enviroment. No harm was meant.

My team thanks you Mr. Penguin, and all of the Northwest Firearms members. Your input and candid comments always make a difference and your partonage is always appreciated. Please let me know if there is any way I can be of assistance, by the most convenient means.

Matt Selders
Store Manager, Vancouver WA
Wholesale Sports

As often as I see the people behind the counter at our local store here in Burlington stand behind the counter and repeatably dry fire the pistols over and over and over..
Then once saw a pair of them playing cowboy draw fire at each other..
seen them drop more then just a couple..

ya.. I dont intend to buy from them.

Besides, I have Kesselrings and skagit arms here, no reason to buy from them. :)

I do buy some reloading stuff there...

This is a store I regularly visit, and this is so true. I quit going in there for a long time because of this grabass and young girls turning their backs on me just dry firing at the floor very rapidly. I have heard some of the most obsurd gun talk at this store, but most of those people seen to be gone. It's true Kesselrings is around, but way overpriced for everything, and Skagit doesnt always have it in stock. After a couple years boycotts of WS I recently purchased two Rugers in a matter of a week because Skagit Arms didn't have them, both were good experiences. They may be earning my business back......

I will go to wholesale to look at a firearm and see how I like it, but I will not buy it from them. The reason I will not purchase a gun from them is because of the hundreds of people that come in to "play" with a gun and not buy it, wholesale makes you buy the gun off the rack that everyone has handled and racked the slide and dry fired a ton. I would rather go to a small gun shop where maybe the gun has been handled 10 times or less, and somtimes you can get it from the back unhandled.

I always enjoy your videos.

This sounds similar to any experience at the General Store in Spokane. Props to the store manager for weighing in here in a professional and courteous manner.

I will go to wholesale to look at a firearm and see how I like it, but I will not buy it from them. The reason I will not purchase a gun from them is because of the hundreds of people that come in to "play" with a gun and not buy it, wholesale makes you buy the gun off the rack that everyone has handled and racked the slide and dry fired a ton. I would rather go to a small gun shop where maybe the gun has been handled 10 times or less, and somtimes you can get it from the back unhandled.

I just purchased a Ruger from WS in Clackamas. I asked the guy if they had any more in the back and he checked and said yes, he went and got one that was not touched. Yeah, it took a bit longer but the old man did a good job on selling me what I wanted.

A reason I prefer to order instead of buy off the shelf.

I just purchased a Ruger from WS in Clackamas. I asked the guy if they had any more in the back and he checked and said yes, he went and got one that was not touched. Yeah, it took a bit longer but the old man did a good job on selling me what I wanted.

I have always had great service at the gun counter in Clackamas. I bought my wife's Buckmark out of the Salem store and the two men I dealt with were very helpful, knowledgeable and when they didn't know something they told me they didn't know. When I bought my wife's Buckmark I picked out the one I wanted, the salesman put it back on the shelf and went and got me a version of what I wanted that wasn't on the wall and hadn't been handled.

It takes a lot of stones and backbone to come on to a forum in a public manner and address the issue like Mr. Selders did, I hope the OP will be kind enough to chat with him again and see if there can't be a good resolution? Sounds like it's a training issue and can be easily fixed, unless of course... the guys at the gun counter dress like this:

merc11.png

Then don't go back!

I'm hoping the gestapo comment was unfortunate hyperbole designed to shame, divide, and inflame instead of an accurate comment.

"Gun Counter Gestapo" indeed.

This is a store I regularly visit, and this is so true. I quit going in there for a long time because of this grabass and young girls turning their backs on me just dry firing at the floor very rapidly. I have heard some of the most obsurd gun talk at this store, but most of those people seen to be gone. It's true Kesselrings is around, but way overpriced for everything, and Skagit doesnt always have it in stock. After a couple years boycotts of WS I recently purchased two Rugers in a matter of a week because Skagit Arms didn't have them, both were good experiences. They may be earning my business back......

I have noticed quite a few new faces at the counter.. and we shall see.

I have shopped in there in the past and normally your totally ignored , or they (the sales people) are having a conversation and you don't exsist , I have never bought from them and this is not the first horror story I have read here and likely not the last , I don't think there prices are all that competitive , and I like the family stores better at least they will ask you hows it going MAY I HELP YOU find anything , Not so much a wholesale, But maybe it's me and the time of day I will say the lady's working check out are nice not so much in firearm area nuff said

You can always get a fresh gun from the back! If not the world is full of gun stores.
Of course if it's the only gun in stock, the world is full of gun stores!

It takes a lot of stones and backbone to come on to a forum in a public manner and address the issue like Mr. Selders did, I hope the OP will be kind enough to chat with him again and see if there can't be a good resolution?

Actually, it is called damage control. I do not see where it takes much guts. Actually dealing with the issues would take guts. I have seen no improvement in their handling of issues from past complaints. in fact, it seems all the same people still work there.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top