JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Best you can get is wait and see.

I'd be amazed if the guy invests any more time in talking to you.

Listen, I'd be just as upset if I was treated like a clown when I was looking to spend some money. I'd go somewhere else. I wouldn't crap all over someone contacting me to make it right. No matter how much I wanted to. I'd act like a grown *** man, give my thoughts without crapping all over him, and call my business with their org done.

I just recently did precisely that with united airlines. This whole thing is just ridiculous internet anger.
I do not think that will be his choice now. I just got a return response from their CS department in Canada asking me to put my story in letter form and return it to them.

As for makingit right, once again i will ask you how they are making it right? Do you know something the rest of us don't? Because the problem has existed for quite some time. The manager has been on here before apologizing and doing damage control. Yet here we are again.

I often visit the Silverdale, Wholesale Sports store and have always been treated courteously without any problems whatsoever. I have purchased firearms and reloading components and other merchandise and the staff and gun counter folks have always been professional, friendly and knowledgeable. I plan to continue shopping there.

A few years ago I visited a Wholesale Sports store in another area and while looking across the gun counter, my leg was partially inside the space between the counters. A young counter clerk immediately and abruptly redressed me in front of other customers in a curt and offensive manner noting that I was violating store policy by trying to enter the restricted space behind the counter. One of the other customers told me to report his behavior to the manager, but I did not although I should have.

Making it personal? You mean like it actually happened to me? What a ridiculous statement. I know you think it made your comment seem like it carried some weight but it was really quite silly.

As far as a public spectacle is concerned, none is needed. All one has to do is be aware of their past issues (which many on here are and the manager has admitted to publicly in the past and to me directly) and then go into the store and see the same employees doing the same things a year later. Wouldn't you think that was an issue? Would that make you think management is doing it's job?

So it sounds like you do want something... You want the employee fired and the manager fired. How about they just move the store out of your neighborhood too? Better yet why don't they close the whole chain down and fire everyone since you got your feelings hurt? Or maybe instead of closing all the stores, they could make you CEO since you have such a firm grasp on how every gunshop/sporting goods store should be operated. Your extensive background in hiring and firing people could be put to good use. Of course you'd have to move to Canada, and learn to eat your french fries with gravy and cheese curds, but heck, the satisfaction of being able to fire anyone who pissed you off or didn't agree with you would be worth it!

Just use your imagination, I'm sure you could come up with something that would make you smile. I know, you could star in a youtube video of your own production demonstrating on how to be a DB!

Oh what a minute, you already did that.

So it sounds like you do want something... You want the employee fired and the manager fired. How about they just move the store out of your neighborhood too? Better yet why don't they close the whole chain down and fire everyone since you got your feelings hurt? Or maybe instead of closing all the stores, they could make you CEO since you have such a firm grasp on how every gunshop/sporting goods store should be operated. Your extensive background in hiring and firing people could be put to good use. Of course you'd have to move to Canada, and learn to eat your french fries with gravy and cheese curds, but heck, the satisfaction of being able to fire anyone who pissed you off or didn't agree with you would be worth it!

Just use your imagination, I'm sure you could come up with something that would make you smile. I know, you could star in a youtube video of your own production demonstrating on how to be a DB!

So you are sayingthat would be your end goal? I guess that is it since I never said any of that. Although I would not hesitate to fire an employee that repeatedly made the same mistakes.

How about they start doing things the way any retailer should? How about they provide courteous service in a polite and competent manner? How about management spend less time apologizing for their failings and do something to correct them?

I'll say that I think Penguin was/is completely reasonable here. The shop treated him poorly, and he told others about it. The manager's apology read completely insincere and though I appreciate his attempt, it was somewhat insulting.

I will say that if I were a betting man, that I'd put large sums of money on the newbies being connected to the store in some fashion.

If I was a daredevil, I would jump the Grand Canyon with a garbage truck.

In this economy I do not see why the manager did not fire the guy on the spot. Would have fixed the customer service problem they have in a heartbeat.

Wow, longest thread EVER on NWFA about sub-standard customer service...

(Disclaimer: I am not now, nor have ever been, a Wholesale Sports employee)

Some of y'all crack me up. Seriously? Five pages on this forum about one experience looking at a handgun in a big-box retail store?

For the record, I support my local WS (Silverdale, WA) by buying a handgun every now and then from them ... I also shopped at the Kennewick, WA WS when I was working out near the Tri-Cities. The franchise is what it is. We've got some great clerks at our Puget Sound area stores, and some not-so-great ones.

I'm gonna be worried about whether or not I really have a life if I have to make little videos about my gun-shopping experiences ...

Finally, kudos to the WS manager who joined up and posted here -- if I ever get down that way, I'll shop and your store. Thanks for being concerned, even though this whole situation is kinda in the realm of nonsense ...

Okay, enough with the negative vibes, how about some GOOD news??

Wholesale Sports has competition, and some are genuinely good places. Today I visited one such place: Cut Above Pawn in Aloha, OR. (PlayboyPenguin, are you listening?)

I was stopped in my tracks by a gorgeous S&W 25-2 Model 1955 Target that they just got in, all original and unmolested, for which they want all the money: $899. It may be worth it.

But I want to tell you about the two nicest people there, the young guy who helped me, and the shop owner who looked up stuff online for me while I was there. For a young guy, this counter fellow who spent so much time with me was mellow, friendly, and had nothing to prove. Both gents impressed me.

Glad tidings - nothing more.

We have a lot of gun shops out there competing for limited business.

I am a safety Nazi and I make no apologies for it. Every shop in town knows when I come in, to open the action of any gun before they hand it to me, because I WILL say something if they don't. It's a basic safety rule, and no I DON'T "trust" that your employees checked this weapon back in to make sure a customer didn't put a live round in the chamber when he handed it back. GTF over it.

It "AMAZES" me that I am still treated with the utmost respect, friendliness, (and a bit of ribbing, which I'm fine with) by ALL of these gun stores.

And if *I* had received the same treatment as PBP is describing, I would have been extremely upset and gone to the manager too. ME, the safety "NAZI." Because what the employee did wasn't in the interest of safety.

I've done customer service in one form or another since I got out of the military 30 years ago. I really DO know WTF I am talking about. And what was described was OUTRAGEOUS. I would be really ticked off if someone did it and give them exactly ONE chance to change their attitude or be gone. I would have offered PBP a $50 gift card on the spot and promised it would never happen again and then have bit the clerk's *** so hard he'd NEVER forget it.

It wasn't just being rude, it was being borderline physically assaultive. (look at the Youtube).

Either PGP is just a really good liar or it did happen. After several othewr complaints from different people about different stores in this chain, I know who I'm mnore ready to believe. And it isn't Whole Sale Sports.

That would be childish. I would use no more than six penis references and then 2 prostitute jokes and a remark about a nude midget with an ax.

Me thinks a hatchet may be funnier, for scale and such, unless of course it's a super midget with high heels and a mask. Dont ask, there isn't enough bleach to go around.

I won't go give a guy hits on his channel if he can't even post it here.
Start a thread,promote my You Tube channel. At least with Workman,he links one article to a number of different sites.And is a professional.

I'm wondering what's all this positive lip service about a foreign company (Canadian) doing business in the United States, who doesn't respect "our 2nd Amendment rights" to legal concealed carry in their stores. Maybe someone should inform them they're not in Canada anymore...........

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads