JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Oh you got me, I commute to Vancouver everyday from Bend to work for 10 bucks an hour and deal with jackwagons in a gun store.

Getting the word out would be a simple post describing his experience at said store. He went straight to youtube "documentary".

Oh gee, I didn't know Wholesale Sports had but one store ? As far as the YouTube is concerned, it received immediate results from the store manager, an apology for poor behavior is only good if the situation being apologized for is totally rectified. Has that been done ? Oh, you don't know, or do you ? I also have been treated very poorly at the store in Salem, poor "training" on firearms seems to be a store policy. BTW check out Wholesale Sports policy on legal concealed carry in their stores....:s0155:

My guess is that they would not release any video as it "may" be considered compromising the security system by showing what they can/can't see with it.
For what it's worth, I was recently in the same store and an older gentleman and a younger guy both were more than helpful. On another visit I specifically asked what they had in 300 win mag. The guy was not a control freak but he did proceed to show me every 300 anything they had be it 300 RUM, 300 Savage, 300 WSM, 300 Wby. Not complaining, if I didn't have the time I could have reiterated and clarified that I was only interested in 300 win mag.

The fact he felt the need to apologize and could not counter should tell you something. Also, when a company or business treats someone poorly do you feel they should not share that information with other potential customers?

Didn't actually sound like an apology to me. Be nice to see a video of what REALLY happened.

Oh my, another 1st post, they're coming out of the woodwork...:s0140:
Yes, at least this time he remembered he had an old account he never uses instead of making a new one like he did earlier.

I guess when confronted with an unflattering reality that one is unwilling to change they have to resort to innuendo, slander, and misdirection.

Didn't actually sound like an apology to me. Be nice to see a video of what REALLY happened.

You did manage to inspire me though. I just sent an e-mail to their US headquarters and their Canadian headquarters with a link to the video and a request for them to review the surveillance tapes. I made it sound like I might be pressing charges just to get them interested.

In regards to the salem store, I've purchased several firearms and have always been satisfied with the counter help. They matched a price from Northwest Armory when I showed them a advertised price, after they verified that it was not less than they had paid for it.

PP as I have watched most of your vids and find them entertaining, you made it 7 seconds into this one before making a sexual innuendo. I know thats just how you roll, but it really doesnt help your cause on this one. Just my two cents.

Seeing how you sent the link to the big wigs to review....I doubt they would even watch it past the 7 second mark..

ionly go to the gun counter at any WS went certain people are working. i have been to the ones in Puget Soound enough to know the good people otherwise I skip the gun counter. They have gun people and they have gun people.

I have a couple opinions myself. When is the last time you had a manager take the time to find a thread on an Internet forum and make a statement of any kind, let alone an apology? When's the last time a big box store type place gave a rats balls about you as an individual customer? For me the answer is never. I've never had that happen so I choose to take the managers apology at the same face value I take your video because I wasn't there to witness the events go down. To me you and others have had a crappy experience there. I've had several horrific experiences with a couple local gun shops here in Salem. At least you got an apology...

I've never been in the particular store you are speaking of. Living in Salem I most likely never will due to simple geography. I have purchased several guns and a fairly expensive Benchmade knife from the Salem store, and have always been treated well. If I hadn't I would have spoken with my dollars as you did and that would be that. I think the manager deserves some level of respect for seeking you out here- It would have been really easy to not bother to do anything at all.

Sorry you had a bad experience. It happens. There is a particular gun shop here in Salem I will never set foot in again because of the way I've been treated over the span of a few visits. Sometimes this stuff happens.

It's been my experience that people go off like Penguin Boy did when they get called on doing something wrong. Usually they are more upset at embarassing themselves than over the real issue. Kind of like the reaction you get from a tailgater when you tap on the brakes.

It's been my experience that people go off like Penguin Boy did when they get called on doing something wrong. Usually they are more upset at embarassing themselves than over the real issue. Kind of like the reaction you get from a tailgater when you tap on the brakes.
Just which one of the employees are you? Or are you the manager I spoke to? Because if you are either of those, you would realize that when I spoke to the manager about the issue before leaving he admitted this had been a problem brought to his attention a few times recently and then explained it was because they had the opposite problem before and that he had not been able to find a happy medium.

Plus, if you read the comments section of my youtube video you will see I am not the only one that has had this issue with that very store.

PS: All the sock puppet attacks are doing nothing but confirming guilt on the part of the store. It is a desperate and transparent act.

Weird. Just because I don't see things your way all of a sudden I'm an employee of the store you have issues with. Are you a member of the Obama administration?

You should probably spend a little time on your lunch break and read a bit more of PP's posts and content. Your assessment is misinformed.

I hit up the WS in Portland on 82nd every once in a while. The guys at the GC are hit of miss, there is an older guy there that is awesome. Always answers my questions and shows me anything i want to see. The younger guys seem alot less helpful and snide.
The younger guys seem to be alot more watchful when handling the guns, none as extreme as Playboys.
All in all I dont think the one down here is not all that bad, i normally like to give my money to mom and pop stores but i will give it to them once in a while when they have sales, just on small stuff though.
I think what happened to Playboy is way way unaccepable grabbing a gun loaded or unloaded out of anyones hands is just stupid, especially in a retail environment.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads