JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
We only heard your side of the story and an honest appology from the store manager. If that isn't good enough for you then I ask how you are benefiting from posting this video? Do you own a competing business nearby or something?

We only heard your side of the story and an honest appology from the store manager. If that isn't good enough for you then I ask how you are benefiting from posting this video? Do you own a competing business nearby or something?

He's only getting the word out on rude, ridiculous, uneducated gun handling. Soooo, do you work for Wholesale sports ?

The fact he felt the need to apologize and could not counter should tell you something. Also, when a company or business treats someone poorly do you feel they should not share that information with other potential customers?

I'll speak up on Mat Selders behalf. He looked out and PMed me when some hard to find ammo came in.

At least one counter guy there was very helpful, Brownings claimed weights for their BARs were all over the place so he said "follow me" and we went in back and weighed it on a postage scale. Maybe he was young and hadn't caught the power-disease yet.

One thing did bug me tho Mat. I don't like most 260 Rem ammo because the bullets are too soft (excluding 140 gr) Federal has a bonded 120 gr Fusion load that is great AND inexpensive, your store didn't even have a spot for it. I'd be OK if you were just sold out but at least try to carry it.

I'll speak up on Mat Selders behalf. He looked out and PMed me when some hard to find ammo came in.

At least one counter guy there was very helpful, Brownings claimed weights for their BARs were all over the place so he said "follow me" and we went in back and weighed it on a postage scale. Maybe he was young and hadn't caught the power-disease yet.

One thing did bug me tho Mat. I don't like most 260 Rem ammo because the bullets are too soft (excluding 140 gr) Federal has a bonded 120 gr Fusion load that is great AND inexpensive, your store didn't even have a spot for it. I'd be OK if you were just sold out but at least try to carry it.
There are actually two counter guys there that are very helpful. One is a younger guy with short black hair and the other is an older guy. Sadly, they do not make up for the bad ones.

Well I watched the video, and I would have to agree that if the events transpired in the manner you described that there was certainly a whole lot of unnecessary overreaction on the part of the salesperson. He could have just as easily politely asked you before you touched the gun to make sure it was pointed either at the backwall or downwards at all times and have been more effective than repeatedly forcibly removing the weapon from your hands. That would have garnered much the same reaction from me as it did you, I'm sure.

The manager who responded here earlier in this thread sounds reasonable and if he is true to his intent should be kicking major arse at his next morning meeting. I would.

I would like to suggest though that the sexual innuendo throughout your video does nothing to press your case.

Keith

He's only getting the word out on rude, ridiculous, uneducated gun handling. Soooo, do you work for Wholesale sports ?

Oh you got me, I commute to Vancouver everyday from Bend to work for 10 bucks an hour and deal with jackwagons in a gun store.

Getting the word out would be a simple post describing his experience at said store. He went straight to youtube "documentary".

The fact he felt the need to apologize and could not counter should tell you something. Also, when a company or business treats someone poorly do you feel they should not share that information with other potential customers?

Of course he had to apologize, the customer is always right no matter what. It took big ones to do it on an public internet forum, especially one that seems to be very hostile towards him and the company he works for and represents. How else was he going to handle it? Tell you tough cookies and go shop somewhere else?

All I am saying here is we only know your side of the story....

Actually, it is called damage control. I do not see where it takes much guts. Actually dealing with the issues would take guts. I have seen no improvement in their handling of issues from past complaints. in fact, it seems all the same people still work there.
So you think, because you had one bad experience they should just be axed? Nice. Way to care for others.

It does take guts to do it, especially with a group of gunowners, even West coast ones that wear kid gloves.

I bet they have video of it too. Although its beneath them..it would be awesome if they called you out! Willing to bet your reputation on it?

So you think, because you had one bad experience they should just be axed? Nice. Way to care for others.

It does take guts to do it, especially with a group of gunowners, even West coast ones that wear kid gloves.
No, but I think a history of bad experience based on complaints by numerous people would justify terminating offenders. Instead the same people still work there that did when they first earned their bad reputation.

I bet they have video of it too. Although its beneath them..it would be awesome if they called you out! Willing to bet your reputation on it?
I wish they would, but they would never do that because touching a customer (even on the hands) without consent would leave them open to all kinds of liability.

Of course he had to apologize, the customer is always right no matter what. It took big ones to do it on an public internet forum, especially one that seems to be very hostile towards him and the company he works for and represents. How else was he going to handle it? Tell you tough cookies and go shop somewhere else?

All I am saying here is we only know your side of the story....
And by saying that you imply (as you did in your first post) that I have an ulterior motive for my post. I did not ask for a discount, or a coupon, or any type of satisfaction from the store after the event. In fact I let them know I was not interested in ways they could appease me. I was interested in making the event known and seeing if they dealt with it or just provided lip service as they have in the past. So just what would be my motivation in this case outside of wanting to tell the truth?

So, just how many friends is it that you say you have working for them in your previous posts?

I would be a lifetime supply of ammo that he wasn't touched at all..and i would even say the counter person didn't touch the pistol when he was touching it...hmm

I would be a lifetime supply of ammo that he wasn't touched at all..and i would even say the counter person didn't touch the pistol when he was touching it...hmm

Then you would be wrong. It is really funny that an account created today is bothering to come in and weigh in so heavily on something they have no knowledge of at all. In fact this is the only thread you have posted in at all. Funny that this would be the thread that attracted a first time poster. I would almost say it is suspicious even. :confused:

And for the record, one of the other clerks that was present during the incident was standing right there as I told my story to the manager so I was stating my case in front of someone that saw it and had no reason to to make anything up. I went in wanting to buy a gun and left without it.

If there's footage and the manager is willing to confirm PP's story, I would probably make a point to drive down that way to buy a firearm just to see if you'd pay up on your wager or welch (which I think the odds are you'd tuck tail and disappear back into the bowels of the Internet.)

If there's footage and the manager is willing to confirm PP's story, I would probably make a point to drive down that way to buy a firearm just to see if you'd pay up on your wager or welch (which I think the odds are you'd tuck tail and disappear back into the bowels of the Internet.)
Especially since he is likely just a shill account. Created today, has posted in no other threads before this one, etc.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top