JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's not appeasement, there are smart times to do things and not so good times. With biased TV cameras all the undecided folks will see is the most disadvantageous clip, a sound bite out of context , and some news anchor dunderhead going on about it. Where is the upside is a question I ask, what is to be gained or lost. Some guy showing up to rub some noses in their feel good gun buy back, to me seems a not so smart move. All that did was ensured enough previously undecided folks thought: "Oh this is a problem, look at them getting guns, anyone could do that". And so they voted to approve that horrible initiative. You are correct in that we should give no ground. We used to have a whole cake, then along came the gun control act of 1934, suddenly we have 3/4 of a cake, as no one could buy a machine gun without paying 200 tax (around 5,000) in today's fiat money. Then the 1968 , so now it's half a cake,came along and took Out being able to get cheap small hand guns from over seas, no more ordering your rifle from the Sears catalog. Then the Firearms Protection act (it had that poison pill on no more machine guns) of 1986 took another slice of the cake while trying to fix some egregious stuff. Then along came the Clinton gun ban, and he used executive action to ban Chinese imports and others as well. So you are indeed correct, give no ground. Pretty sure we have about a quarter of a cake left.

cheers.
Appease us and stay on the wet side.

just see that whole "be smart" argument as appeasement to the psychotic, emotional, irrational left.

I disagree. The whole "be smart" argument has absolutely nothing to do with the nutty anti-2A left [who are beyond hope anyway], and everything to do with the that huge population of people who aren't actively involved in either the 2A or anti-2A discussion. Some have a few guns but aren't politically or emotionally invested in them. Some have no guns but have no generic dislike for them. Think of them as the independents or swing-voters. These people are reachable with facts, reason and introductions to the sport.

I support the 2A with my life membership in the SAF and NRA, with financial donations to the former, and emails to legislators. I've never been to a 2A protest and probably never will. The only way my mind will change on that score is if those attending 2A demonstrations looked representative of all gun owners: e.g., competitors, hunters, white collar and blue collar workers, soccer moms, etc. [I think that was the point of past "I'm the NRA" advertisements.] As long as the 2A demonstrations look like a militia gathering and/or tolerate the neo-Nazi types, I'm staying away.

I disagree. The whole "be smart" argument has absolutely nothing to do with the nutty anti-2A left [who are beyond hope anyway], and everything to do with the that huge population of people who aren't actively involved in either the 2A or anti-2A discussion. Some have a few guns but aren't politically or emotionally invested in them. Some have no guns but have no generic dislike for them. Think of them as the independents or swing-voters. These people are reachable with facts, reason and introductions to the sport.

I support the 2A with my life membership in the SAF and NRA, with financial donations to the former, and emails to legislators. I've never been to a 2A protest and probably never will. The only way my mind will change on that score is if those attending 2A demonstrations looked representative of all gun owners: e.g., competitors, hunters, white collar and blue collar workers, soccer moms, etc. [I think that was the point of past "I'm the NRA" advertisements.] As long as the 2A demonstrations look like a militia gathering and/or tolerate the neo-Nazi types, I'm staying away.
I've been to several, wearing my standard work attire which can include a suit and tie.

While the LARPers pose outside in their camo and plate carriers, carrying their ARs and waving their Gadsen flags, I go inside and actully provide testimony. Most everyone that puts their names on recorded testimony inside look like normal people.

I like gun buybacks it's a good way to unload junk for money to buy new guns keeping gun dealers and manufacturers in business and good for the ecomomy.

Last Edited:
Well.... I dunno what Google told you because I literally made that word up on the spot by combining "shart" and "farce".... I think you may already know what a "shart" is...

:s0140:

LOL! Your description makes more sense that what came up in search, though the one on UrbanDictionary was close. And, yes, I know what a "shart" is.

811fa66bbf4fec01635d46f170a77ef1.jpg

(Honk-honk)

Folks should recall that happened here in WA not that long ago. some folks showed up and bought guns from people in line. It was foolishly done to score a cheap gun, it would not have been so bad but they crowed about it in front of the TV News cameras. So their short term gain was not exactly cutting a fat hog in the bubblegum as it infuriated the anti2A crowd. That fury turned into a concerted attempt (successful ) by the way to restrict private sales. A lot of outside money came in, outside organizers etc..
So a minor score for someone turned into a route for the rest of us. They should have shunned the F*cking cameras. Hence a minor gun buy back should be ignored, it's bait folks, don't be like those short sighted guys who cornholed the rest of us.

OK, so we appease the scum, and yes that is what you said. Possibly didn't mean/intend, but said. So a lot of communist money, Bloomberg/Soros/etc, money comes in, the (alleged) pro-gunners do nothing, the left and stupid (redundant) turn out and gun owners get shafted again, YAWN.
Read history. Go back to the 1920s and look at the anti-gun laws being proposed (old Am.Riflemans have all the bills in them complete) and look! The SAME bills as biben is EOing in! The left doesn't give up! NONE of this is new! If it wasn't people LEGALLY buying guns, it would have been something else the commies would be POed about!

It's not appeasement, there are smart times to do things and not so good times. With biased TV cameras all the undecided folks will see is the most disadvantageous clip, a sound bite out of context , and some news anchor dunderhead going on about it. Where is the upside is a question I ask, what is to be gained or lost. Some guy showing up to rub some noses in their feel good gun buy back, to me seems a not so smart move. All that did was ensured enough previously undecided folks thought: "Oh this is a problem, look at them getting guns, anyone could do that". And so they voted to approve that horrible initiative. You are correct in that we should give no ground. We used to have a whole cake, then along came the gun control act of 1934, suddenly we have 3/4 of a cake, as no one could buy a machine gun without paying 200 tax (around 5,000) in today's fiat money. Then the 1968 , so now it's half a cake,came along and took Out being able to get cheap small hand guns from over seas, no more ordering your rifle from the Sears catalog. Then the Firearms Protection act (it had that poison pill on no more machine guns) of 1986 took another slice of the cake while trying to fix some egregious stuff. Then along came the Clinton gun ban, and he used executive action to ban Chinese imports and others as well. So you are indeed correct, give no ground. Pretty sure we have about a quarter of a cake left.

cheers.

To the left, there are no "good and not so good times", only good and "not letting a disaster go to waste" times. If it wasn't one thing, it would be something else, like "see how well the sheeple gave up their only means of defense? This proves they should be shorn of their rights because they are too stupid to have rights!" (hard to argue I admit), and the stupid got what they wanted, shorn of their rights. What are you, anti-rights, trying to keep people from voluntarily giving up their rights, as is their right and getting what they deserve?

The gov't is within its rights to tax. That went to the SupremePolitburo. so it is "legal" for the gov" to tax our rights (also see: Pittman Act). Get over it.

The 1968 GCA was a word for word copy of the German 1934 GCA (many publications published side by side comparisons), and guess what group embraced it wholeheartedly? Well to keep from getting thrown off for pointing out the obvious, the usual anti-gun crowd, I'll say "the left". The Klinton EOs were unConstitutional on their face, since when has that stopped the left? That only matters if there is law and it is enforced, the last election (2020 prez in case you were wondering) proved that this country is NOT a "land of laws" in any way shape or form.

Every time the "right" give an inch, the gun owners sell out their own to appease the communists (AKA "the left"), the "right" bails on pro-gun laws/pro-gun politicos (if there are any), bends over and spreds 'em rather than stand up to the left (communists, getting tired of tip-toeing around the truth) "we" (collective) are selling out. NEVER FORGIVE! NEVER FORGET!
'

Pointing out that someone JUST like you, is the enemy of the gun community, got me banned at handgunforum.net. A mod jumped on me for it.
My response to him was "Exibit A".
BANNED!
Hope it doesn't happen here, but here goes....
You're the enemy of the gun community.
Should things be done a little...nicer?
Mebbe.
Maybe the left will use lube when they slip it to us. That would be soooooo nice of them.
They like us, they REEEAAALLLYYY do like us.
(sigh) No cake for you; no cake for any of us.

Joe

Joe
I
take umbrage at your characterization of me as "An Enemy of the Gun Community", I get the anger and angst at the Anti 2A stuff, in this case your anger is non production and misdirected. Let me tell you why I think you are wrong, regarding myself and my approach:

I have been and continue to be a single issue voter (guns) since I first gained the right to vote at 18, that is over 35 years ago; so any anti 2A laws or votes for those restrictions, that person does not get my vote, period.

During that same time I have donated to pro-gun causes every year.

I have lifetime memberships at NRA, and at Cascade Rifle and Pistol club as a properties member.

In addition I have a portion of every paycheck (up to company match) donated to the 2nd Amendment foundation (it is a 501c, the company matches my donation).

Furthermore I train with quality instructors as I feel it incumbent upon me to have the proper skills, but also the proper mindset to carry and use a gun.

If you think every provocation must be met with some kind of response, consider that letting some anti-gun buy back become a non event, is in fact a response.

They can feel good about buying a few guns, go home and collectively practice Onanism over their pictures of Ruth B. Ginsberg.

More importantly they get less free publicity than if some folks show up and give the biased TV news crews something to run repeatedly during this 24 hour news cycle that we now live in.

The way I see it, at least in the case here in WA, a few folks came to make money buying the guns at the buy back, they did not do it as a form of protest or to advance a 2A cause. They exercised no discretion to keep it off the TV, gave some great free publicity to the Anti 2A crowd, instead of a non event, it was our own Dien Bien Phu.

That is completely underestimating the enemy and ending in a complete disaster when that event convinced so many undecided folks to vote yes on the background check iniative.

Hell I even think it was okay for them to come and score some deals on the guns, but maybe, just maybe they should have not done it while the film was rolling. And maybe don't rub their noses in it, let them go away having accomplished nothing.

When I think about the parallels of fishing and gun buy backs this is how my mental thought process works: When I am drift fishing for steelhead I use a bit of yarn and a chunk of

Sand shrimp, I drift that and wait for that hit, sometimes it is violent, sometimes it is just a change to the drift where it stops. I give a massive hook set and try to bring that fish in and land it. That is exactly what the gun buy back folks are looking for. I honestly think getting a bunch of old guns is to them a secondary purpose, that is not the true purpose. The true purpose is to land the fish, in this case (here in WA) they got all kinds of stuff with their hook set. No private sales without back ground check, they followed up on that with others on that momentum. They now get to look at folks private medical records, for pistol and autoloader sales. They did away with instant background check for pistols with that one, so a CWP cannot buy and leave with the pistol the same day any-longer.

To finish up, that is what I mean about being smart about things. Now I find all this rather exhausting and will not respond any further, I said my piece.

Cheers.

Pointing out that someone JUST like you, is the enemy of the gun community, got me banned at handgunforum.net. A mod jumped on me for it.
My response to him was "Exibit A".
BANNED!
Hope it doesn't happen here, but here goes....
You're the enemy of the gun community.
Should things be done a little...nicer?
Mebbe.
Maybe the left will use lube when they slip it to us. That would be soooooo nice of them.
They like us, they REEEAAALLLYYY do like us.
(sigh) No cake for you; no cake for any of us.

Joe
Joe,

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class