JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
a-team-t-shirt-hannibal-a-plan-comes-together.jpg

Folks should recall that happened here in WA not that long ago. some folks showed up and bought guns from people in line. It was foolishly done to score a cheap gun, it would not have been so bad but they crowed about it in front of the TV News cameras. So their short term gain was not exactly cutting a fat hog in the bubblegum as it infuriated the anti2A crowd. That fury turned into a concerted attempt (successful ) by the way to restrict private sales. A lot of outside money came in, outside organizers etc..
So a minor score for someone turned into a route for the rest of us. They should have shunned the F*cking cameras. Hence a minor gun buy back should be ignored, it's bait folks, don't be like those short sighted guys who cornholed the rest of us.

Folks should recall that happened here in WA not that long ago. some folks showed up and bought guns from people in line. It was foolishly done to score a cheap gun, it would not have been so bad but they crowed about it in front of the TV News cameras. So their short term gain was not exactly cutting a fat hog in the bubblegum as it infuriated the anti2A crowd. That fury turned into a concerted attempt (successful ) by the way to restrict private sales. A lot of outside money came in, outside organizers etc..
So a minor score for someone turned into a route for the rest of us. They should have shunned the F*cking cameras. Hence a minor gun buy back should be ignored, it's bait folks, don't be like those short sighted guys who cornholed the rest of us.
With all due respect.
Please consider abandoning your attitude of appeasement. Bullies don't ignore you if you play dead, they pee on you and post pictures of it to show off for their friends. The anti crowd are classic bullies, and trying to keep our heads down will accomplish nothing. Fight back. They grandstand, we grandstand. They buy property in the sticks and start complaining about " gun noise " , we have shooting parties and invite their wife and children. They sign petitions, we gather signatures for recall votes.

I understand where you're coming from, but it just doesn't work. Gun owners will be pushed continuously, no matter how many times we give ground. Coexistence is not the goal of our adversaries. It's just a stupid bumper sticker on their Volvo.

With all due respect.
Please consider abandoning your attitude of appeasement. Bullies don't ignore you if you play dead, they pee on you and post pictures of it to show off for their friends. The anti crowd are classic bullies, and trying to keep our heads down will accomplish nothing. Fight back. They grandstand, we grandstand. They buy property in the sticks and start complaining about " gun noise " , we have shooting parties and invite their wife and children. They sign petitions, we gather signatures for recall votes.

I understand where you're coming from, but it just doesn't work. Gun owners will be pushed continuously, no matter how many times we give ground. Coexistence is not the goal of our adversaries. It's just a stupid bumper sticker on their Volvo.
We will not close our eyes and think of England.

With all due respect.

It's not appeasement, there are smart times to do things and not so good times. With biased TV cameras all the undecided folks will see is the most disadvantageous clip, a sound bite out of context , and some news anchor dunderhead going on about it. Where is the upside is a question I ask, what is to be gained or lost. Some guy showing up to rub some noses in their feel good gun buy back, to me seems a not so smart move. All that did was ensured enough previously undecided folks thought: "Oh this is a problem, look at them getting guns, anyone could do that". And so they voted to approve that horrible initiative. You are correct in that we should give no ground. We used to have a whole cake, then along came the gun control act of 1934, suddenly we have 3/4 of a cake, as no one could buy a machine gun without paying 200 tax (around 5,000) in today's fiat money. Then the 1968 , so now it's half a cake,came along and took Out being able to get cheap small hand guns from over seas, no more ordering your rifle from the Sears catalog. Then the Firearms Protection act (it had that poison pill on no more machine guns) of 1986 took another slice of the cake while trying to fix some egregious stuff. Then along came the Clinton gun ban, and he used executive action to ban Chinese imports and others as well. So you are indeed correct, give no ground. Pretty sure we have about a quarter of a cake left.

cheers.

It's not appeasement, there are smart times to do things and not so good times. With biased TV cameras all the undecided folks will see is the most disadvantageous clip, a sound bite out of context , and some news anchor dunderhead going on about it. Where is the upside is a question I ask, what is to be gained or lost. Some guy showing up to rub some noses in their feel good gun buy back, to me seems a not so smart move. All that did was ensured enough previously undecided folks thought: "Oh this is a problem, look at them getting guns, anyone could do that". And so they voted to approve that horrible initiative. You are correct in that we should give no ground. We used to have a whole cake, then along came the gun control act of 1934, suddenly we have 3/4 of a cake, as no one could buy a machine gun without paying 200 tax (around 5,000) in today's fiat money. Then the 1968 , so now it's half a cake,came along and took Out being able to get cheap small hand guns from over seas, no more ordering your rifle from the Sears catalog. Then the Firearms Protection act (it had that poison pill on no more machine guns) of 1986 took another slice of the cake while trying to fix some egregious stuff. Then along came the Clinton gun ban, and he used executive action to ban Chinese imports and others as well. So you are indeed correct, give no ground. Pretty sure we have about a quarter of a cake left.

cheers.
I hope it's a quarter of the cake .

Seems like less every day. And you have to ask permission for a fork , and plates are on a waiting list, and the table is wobbly, and the chairs are all taken. Glad you haven't given up , brother.

With all due respect.

QFT

Joe

cheers.
Pointing out that someone JUST like you, is the enemy of the gun community, got me banned at handgunforum.net. A mod jumped on me for it.
My response to him was "Exibit A".
BANNED!
Hope it doesn't happen here, but here goes....
You're the enemy of the gun community.
Should things be done a little...nicer?
Mebbe.
Maybe the left will use lube when they slip it to us. That would be soooooo nice of them.
They like us, they REEEAAALLLYYY do like us.
(sigh) No cake for you; no cake for any of us.

Joe

Aongus,
Sorry, maybe I'm being a dick.
You're right about not giving ground.
I just see that whole "be smart" argument as appeasement to the psychotic, emotional, irrational left. The same applies to open carry.
The left can NOT be appeased. They WON'T be.
Stop being nice to the left. They deserve no cake of any sort.

Joe

Aongus,
I just see that whole "be smart" argument as appeasement to the psychotic, emotional, irrational left. The same applies to open carry.

Joe
Appeasement to emotional irrationality got us here folks. Stop it. Just say no!

Aongus,

Joe

No cake.... just knuckle sammiches! :s0118::s0018:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews