JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would turn in an Anderson Lower or two in for some $100-$200 gas cards.

Something to consider here :
If one turns in a low cost firearm or even a junk firearm at a so-called "Buy Back" for some sort of profit or gain...

That may only bolster the numbers of guns turned in...so in turn it promotes this idea that "gun by backs " work.

Andy

That may only bolster the numbers of guns turned in...so in turn it promotes this idea that "gun by backs " work.
True, but also sucks up their money that may be otherwise used in more damaging anti-2A efforts (?) I dunno exactly how those buy-backs are funded, just guessin....

Anyone?

"Over the weekend, Houston's Democrat Mayor Sylvester Turner held a gun buyback event in a church parking lot where residents could turn in their firearms and receive a gift card ranging from $50 to $200 with no questions asked. According to the Mayor's announcement, the funds provided to those turning in firearms came from the American Rescue Plan — aka American taxpayers — and the amount-per-firearm was $50.00 for a non-functioning firearm, $100.00 for a rifle or shotgun, $150.00 for a handgun, and $200.00 for a fully automatic rifle. "

"Photos and videos from the event show authorities unloading boxes of... fresh 3D-printed firearms. "

1659470446380.png

"The real kicker: it only cost the man $3 to print each firearm, of which he made 62, and received $50 per 3D-printed gun for a total of nearly $3,000 in gift cards. "

"Houston's mayor thinks his buyback program will convince criminals and gang members to hand over their firearms for as little as $50. "

Soooo.....

Lets say that you have a firearm.
You have never harmed anyone with it...or broken any laws.

Please explain to me how , turning in your firearm is going to do anything to:
Stop crime from happening ...
Prevent the criminal from committing more crimes...
Keep firearms out of the hands of those who would commit crimes or harm others...?

Its your firearm...if you wish to turn it in at a so called "Buy Back"*...
Then go right on ahead.
But don't try and sell me on the notion that doing so , would do any damn thing to keep crime from happening.

Andy
*"Buy Back"...How can someone buy back a firearm they never purchased in the first place...?
I'm wondering if this where the fellow turned in a bunch of 3D printed receivers that probably cost him a buck or two to make and Houston gave him $150 apiece for them. I think I'd take that deal too.

I'm wondering if this where the fellow turned in a bunch of 3D printed receivers that probably cost him a buck or two to make and Houston gave him $150 apiece for them. I think I'd take that deal too.
Nope not me....
By turning in any firearm...you are just providing "proof" that these stupid "buy backs " ...."work".
Andy

More feel good BS that will amount to zero impact on gun violence, congratulation.
I dunno about "BS" on the "feel good"".

I've often thought of buying a good 3D printer. Just to play with and no practical use in mind, but.... if I buy one and my city reimbursed the full expense and additonal for more print supplies to last awhile... I would "feel good". No BS!! :s0140:

Still no impact on gun violence, though.

Nope not me....
By turning in any firearm...you are just providing "proof" that these stupid "buy backs " ...."work".
Andy
I've got to disagree with you here...
It DOESN'T MATTER to them if it works or not, they DO NOT care about facts, and they're going to waste OUR money on this kind of stuff anyways.
Since Government doesn't just give us our money back, we've got to find ways to get it back where we can.
By utilizing THIS "loophole", we can ACTUALLY BUILD the 2A Community with that money.
Let them feel like they're accomplishing something, while we slowly(or quickly) bankrupt them.
If I can sell a few items I've built, that puts more money in my pocket that I can use to support NWFA, FPC, or GOA.😎

I've got to disagree with you here...
It DOESN'T MATTER to them if it works or not, they DO NOT care about facts, and they're going to waste OUR money on this kind of stuff anyways.
Since Government doesn't just give us our money back, we've got to find ways to get it back where we can.
By utilizing THIS "loophole", we can ACTUALLY BUILD the 2A Community with that money.
Let them feel like they're accomplishing something, while we slowly(or quickly) bankrupt them.
If I can sell a few items I've built, that puts more money in my pocket that I can use to support NWFA, FPC, or GOA.😎
It does matter....
If not to the people who think these dumb "buy backs" up.....
Then to everyone else who believe that this idea will work....and vote for more of the same.
All because of the numbers of firearms turned in.....you ain't helping if you turn in a firearm.
Andy

It does matter....
Then to everyone else who believe that this idea will work....and vote for more of the same.
Andy
An alternative to keep both sides of the coin happy... if you do a faux buy-back to fund your next firearm purchase... document it! Show just how stoopid they are after you got paid insane amounts for dumping off faux crap and the brand new shiny desert eagle the proceeds funded.

Imagine the headlines! "Gun owner dupes the city buy-back to fund new firearm purchase". "Inoperable junk metal traded for modern weapons of war in recent buy-back!" The outrage!! :s0140:

That'll shut em up/down.

Last Edited:
It does matter....
All because of the numbers of firearms turned in.....you ain't helping if you turn in a firearm.
Andy
While I understand your position on this, it wouldn't matter what or how many items would be turned in. Even if they got zero response and zero items, they would claim success because they've gotten so many guns off the street that there were none to turn in. BS claims, but they all are.

elsie

I've read that Houston realized it got took and will no longer accept 3D printed lowers/frames.

They know it isn't their money and they have no qualms about spending it this way.

Jack

While I understand your position on this, it wouldn't matter what or how many items would be turned in. Even if they got zero response and zero items, they would claim success because they've gotten so many guns off the street that there were none to turn in. BS claims, but they all are.

elsie
This....and the fact we are arguing amongst ourselves.

Joe

Nope not me....
Andy
I dunno.
$9000 return on a $300 investment. That the libs think "buybacks" are good is a given. Libs are patting themselves on the back and this guy laughs all the way to the bank.
I think it's a great gag.

I dunno.
$9000 return on a $300 investment. That the libs think "buybacks" are good is a given. Libs are patting themselves on the back and this guy laughs all the way to the bank.
I think it's a great gag.
Welp...
You do that if you want....
I still think that is doesn't help....ultimately sends the wrong message and I won't be a part of it.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads