JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't forget the women whose husbands passed on, and they have literally NO IDEA of the value of his treasured 1911, just sitting there unused. Truly wonder how many WW2 .45s got "dropped off" yeah, for not even a full tank of juice?

LAME & SAD
That IS really sad and I bet that it has happened to some widows, widowers and their relatives.

I bet that the NICE GUNS got sold or taken and they were not destroyed. I think that some police departments used to AUCTION them off even though they had some buy backs.

Side note:

Years ago, they showed some TURN IN GUNS in one state and the guns in the pictures that I saw were really nice - quite a few of them but NOT all of them.

They did have some guys/gals make up guns with pipe and ADD some other things to it so that it looked like a gun but it was NOT a gun. They got a gift certificate or cash money even if it was JUNK too.

They had a bunch of kids guns, supposedly TOY guns, but they did LOOK REAL like a regular gun that took regular ammunition.

I hate to use the word toy here but you know what I mean. They got MONEY or a gift certificate for them too.

So it was a CASH or card deal and many states ran these programs. I used to see them posted a LOT on many old forums. Some guys in some states would go to them and talk to the people WAITING IN LINE and offer them MORE MONEY for their TURN IN GUNS since it was legal in many states at the time and it still is legal in many states. NOT in all of them though.

Cate

I saw a detective show on OTA free tv where they had a GUN BUY BACK program.

NO questions asked - the people turning in the gun got a gift card.

But it turned out that they RAN THE SERIAL NUMBER on the gun AFTER the gun buy back day and it was used in a crime - murder. I can't remember if the gun was stolen or not now. But before it was SUPPOSED to be destroyed - the police doing the gun destruction RAN the serial numbers on all of those bought back guns.

I do not remember how they found the bad guy - murderer but the person who turned IN the gun was not the bad guy and the police were NOT allowed to ask any questions when the gun was turned in.

The story in the show was pretty mixed up but in the END they got the murderer.

Cate

From press release:
"...to turn in unwanted firearms to the Sacramento Police Department with no questions asked and no identification required.

Thank you Sac PD for aiding and abetting in the destruction of dozens of guns from crimes and eliminating the possibility of catching and prosecuting criminals. The stupidity runs deep. Perfect crime...hand over the evidence to the people who are trying to catch you so they can destroy it, and not be able to catch you.

Mic drop face palm.

I never had children but they do sell strawberry, chocolate and vanilla flavored powder that you can put in whole milk, skim milk, Carnation powdered milk and Carnation canned milk for flavor.
This is what I've seen. Not 100% sure its healthy though.

When I watched some of my friends children many MOONS ago (LOL) - they sold this in ALL grocery stores and the Mom, my friend, brought it to my home. They still sell the exact same thing in one brand and in other brands.

I think that it is made by a few TOP name brand companies. Nestle? Etc
Nestle is one big company, yes. Theres a few others.

They have old fashioned recipes to make baby formula from scratch too. I saw it posted online in the news and it is on many forums that deal with prepping, political and general news.
One thing people forget... in the old days before commercial formula... a lot of babies died from bad recipes, soured animal milks, infections from sick wet nurses, infected donated breast milk, and so forth. Its also back in the day that a large number of people smoked and drank and kept doing so while pregnant...

ADDED more. I thought that store bought baby formula was a POWDER that had vitamins, minerals, etc. MIXED IN IT.

Now, I do not know if baby formula comes in a LIQUID ready to drink deal or not PLUS they make the POWDER mix too.

Excuse my ignorance here!

Best wishes to you and other people who use and need this for their BABIES and children.

Cate
There are pre-made/ready-drink liquid formulas, and there are quite strict controls on what goes into the formulas. We have a couple cases of ready-to drink formula in the frige in two different flavors to use if needed.

Who in their right mind would trade a gun for $50?
COME_on_man.jpg
Not all criminals are stupid.

Rrrrright.....some even manage to get elected.

+++++++++++
+++++++++++

Getting back to the subject of GUNS.
Home-made2.jpg
Note : the super rare Glock & Wesson. And, full disclosure here.....these are not actual examples of the guns that were collected, Duh.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
In all fairness, many have been huffing all the brown air down there for so long it has clearly affected their ability to make everyday rational choices. Like.... getting the bubblegum out of Kalifederation to begin with.

135 morons in Sacrapenal... sounds highly conservative to me. I would have figured 4 times that in a whole 45min block. Shows how little "I" know... 🤣

What I wanna know... how many gallons of gas where wasted by folks driving in only to find out the $50 gas cards where already gone? Whatcha wanna bet someone sues for damages for deceptive practices perpetrated by the police department?? :s0140:

Last Edited:
This thing is only worth about $50. View attachment 1206264
(Mine BTW. Got from my G-pa when he passed away 25 years ago. Total POS. Sentimental value has kept it in my safe.)
One of those fine "Pieces" sold for $35.00 back in 2008.
Gramp's might have been worth $55.00 on the auction block by now. What with inflation
and all? :rolleyes:

:D

Long time ago I helped a gal get a couple of her deceased husbands guns and a REAL WWI trench knife sold. She also had a little Rohm .25acp semiauto. Even I knew, at the time, you needed to pay someone to take one of those. I didn't charge her though. :D I still have it. It's got a great holster and I want to find a good gun that fits it. But I'd give 'em that Rohm for 3/4 tank of gas in the Honda.

Sorry but i can't just GIVE my firearm away sir, it has to be transferred by an FFL. Sooooo who pays the transfer fees, you? Or does it just come out of my 50 dollar gas card..?..? To prevent these innocent firearms from committing a crime, I have to commit a crime to get 50 in gas... Weird.... o_O:s0092:

Sorry but i can't just GIVE my firearm away sir, it has to be transferred by an FFL. Sooooo who pays the transfer fees, you? Or does it just come out of my 50 dollar gas card..?..? To prevent these innocent firearms from committing a crime, I have to commit a crime to get 50 in gas... Weird.... o_O:s0092:
When have those silly law thingy's ever gotten in the way of a Cali politician?

Not to mention that gov fails the background check every time...

I can't wait until Portland or Vancouver starts hosting these buybacks. 50 dollar gas card?! That's a half a tank in the truck!!!

I'll go to Home Depot with my company card and get a bunch of 3/4" conduit and chop it down into 16" pieces and attach a 6" piece of 2x4 to the bottom of them and bring them in to the buyback. "What do you mean it isn't a real gun? It shoots… I thought this was no questions asked???? Where's my gas card?"

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top