JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sacramento PD trades $50 gas cards for unwanted firearms. Sold out in 45 minutes.

"134 firearms were turned into the Sacramento Police Department on Saturday, May 21, 2022, during the Gas for Guns Gun Buyback. The event provided a safe and efficient process for community members to turn in unwanted firearms to the Sacramento Police Department with no questions asked and no identification required.

Over 100 members of the community responded to Saturday's event which was staffed by Sacramento Police Department officers and community partners who facilitated the safe exchange of firearms for $50 gas gift cards."

for community members to turn in unwanted firearms to the Sacramento Police Department with no questions asked and no identification required.
This makes it real easy for the 'good stuff' to sorta 'disappear'.

Like any 'buy back' I'm sure there is some real junk turned in but I'll bet there are some pretty nice pieces that show up.

I'd love to be a 'fly on the wall' of wherever they end for whatever happens to them.

Last Edited:
This makes it real easy for the 'good stuff' to sorta 'disappear'.

Like any 'buy back' I'm sure there is some real junk turned in but I'll bet there are some pretty nice pieces that show up.

I'd love to be a 'fly on the wall' of wherever they end for whatever happens to them.
Thats what I was thinking. Some rare or uncommon pistols + WW2 firearms Im sure are in some of these trade ins. Little do those people know they are getting less than pennies on the dollar for gift cards only good for artificially inflated price spiked gas.

Who in their right mind would trade a gun for $50?
- A perp with a hot gun used to murder someone else. He could throw it in a river, or turn it in [no questions asked, no ID required] and get a $50 gas card for his getaway vehicle.

Those not in their right mind...
- someone that inherited a hunting rifle or shotgun, and is too clueless to sell on consignment at a pawn shop.
- some tweaker that thinks a $50 gas card is more useful than his non-functioning BB gun.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top