JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ok so... there is something in this conversation that I'm not seeing I'll be honest about.

what I'm looking for here is how does this law deny due process? ...and so far I'm not finding it.

Due process means that the judicial branch of government deals with the defendant fairly. When the government can lie, force people to commit perjury, threaten people, and intimidate witnesses in order to get the outcome they desire, then that is a denial of due process by any standard.

Worse than due process violations is that the Constitution clearly forbids ex post facto laws. What is an ex post facto law?

An ex post facto law is one where you make an act a violation of the law AFTER it was committed. A man got into a spat with his wife pre - Lautenberg Amendment. If the consequences were a hundred dollar fine, it goes beyond due process to add to a sentence years later... besides, the government is trying to try the person twice by saying they fulfilled their sentence and years later are sentenced yet again for the same offense.

Easier to say than do. Ignore the dot, and men with guns come for YOU (not "us"). Yes, we outnumber them, but they will always come at individuals with overwhelming numbers in their favor. If we all ignored the dot at once, it would be different. But that won't happen, has never happened.

Imagine if the government which promised us payroll withholding of income tax was only a temporary wartime emergency measure decided to keep its word 71 years late. No more withholding, just pay it all at the end of the year. Tens of millions would simultaneously not pay. But as long as only a few don't pay, the enforcers have helpless individuals to attack and make examples of.

Nobody really wants to take that final irrevocable step into chaos. But an objective observer can see it approaching.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top