JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL, I'm just the hunter/gatherer, the wife's the cook and I'm not about to tell her she's doing it wrong. Besides that I wouldn't know a good wine from a cheap one, after the first chug or two they kinda all taste the same.

Only a few more days! I'm excited. Have a new pup that I've been working with for the last 9 months. Excited to get him out. Also picked up a BPS Upland Special for this year. Last bird I harvested last year was with a High Standard D-100. Not the finest choice, but you gotta use what you got at the moment.
grouse_zpsgi2ztdya.jpg

I struck out as well on Grouse today. Chased a couple for what seemed like a mile before loosing them. Did manage to jump shoot 3 quail while crossing a clear cut.
Will try again on Monday.

We went up to try out a place today for deer and grouse.
Deer was a bust as there were too many people up there.
So I had to get rid of some coffee and everything started moving. 6 grouse! I yell at my buddy and he gets out with his bow. Hey it will be fun!
I zip up and grab my bow. And we start slinging arrows.
2 clean misses then I hit a tree right by the grouse.
The my friend hits it! Perfect shot.....or not.
The dang thing flew off with the arrow thru it's middle
Dangdest thing I ever saw
Oh yeah the rest just ran off

Went out on the first and yesterday.
Saw one and heard a few but the one I saw took off at like Mach 3 ... LOL
Nothing like grouse hunting to remind you just how out of shape you are ... LOL
Andy

Went out yesterday and today... yesterday seen 33 does with 5 bucks, 6 legal bulls, 23 cows/calfs, 6 grouse, Got 2 grouse, And 4 rabbits, Today i quit at noon but saw 12 grouse, Got my limit, Seen 8 does and 2 bucks... Since this permit system for hunting took off ive seen 3x the animals now that poachers arnt running wild....although the price thing does suck :oops:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews