JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Took a couple birds with a friend in Wyoming over the weekend. Beautiful fall weather!

grouse_5.jpg
grouse_6.jpg
grouse_4.jpg

Old thread bump... But its my old thread...:D
My thoughts are still the same ... Grouse hunting is among my favorite things.
( No singing there , you Julie Andrews fans...:D )
Good luck to those who go out this year... and safe hunting to all.
Andy

Old thread bump... But its my old thread...:D
My thoughts are still the same ... Grouse hunting is among my favorite things.
( No singing there , you Julie Andrews fans...:D )
Good luck to those who go out this year... and safe hunting to all.
Andy

DAMN STRAIGHT! The grouse offers challenge, satisfaction, amusement, and no shortage of good eating! I am also counting down the days and will be taking off on the Sept. 1 opener for parts unknown.
I have plenty of ammunition and will be buying more *outside of the City of Seattle*

Delighted to see you 'bump' this thread. Good luck to you on the opener.

Dave Blue Heaven.jpg

They are pretty easy out dress out in the field...
Place the bird head down on the ground...
Put your feet where the wings meet the body ..
Pull the grouse , by his feet upwards....Stop when the skin meets the neck... this keep the feathers and head attached.

Good luck to you Joe , this season ... I am glad you get to go out this year!
Andy

Last Edited:
They are pretty east out dress out in the field...
Place the bird head down on the ground...
Put your feet where the wings meet the body ..
Pull the grouse , by his feet upwards.

Good luck to you Joe , this season ... I am glad you get to go out this year!
Andy

Thanks guy!

I'm in better shape then the last handful of years, have a great friend to go hunting with (so no more sketchy hunting partners) and just have to come up with tags this month!

I'm really excited to get out and try my hand at the large game but the grouse are fun too.:)

Thanks guy!

I'm in better shape then the last handful of years, have a great friend to go hunting with (so no more sketchy hunting partners)
What, you no likey gettin' shot in the back? :eek:

and just have to come up with tags this month!

I'm really excited to get out and try my hand at the large game but the grouse are fun too.:)

Seriously, some day I'll find the time to learn this. Last year while out elk hunting, saw zero signs of elk, but there were grouse all over, and a few handful of quail.
Saw lots of dominant Ptarmigan in Idaho last month, I subverted them all.

Last Edited:
That's pretty much it ... You are more or less hiking with a gun ... but the lunch / dinner scenery can be fantastic .

I have found that when walking the old logging roads / trails to walk slow and stop randomly , with your gun at ready works the best for those fast flushing grouse that take off at mach 3 with a thunderous noise.
'Course those same birds know every tree in their woods and can get 'em between you and them faster than you can spit.:D
Andy

I am going to chase grouse in earnest this year. Didn't get a single one last year (first year even trying), but only got out a couple times. Heres to hoping I get at least my first one this year!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top