JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL, I'm just the hunter/gatherer, the wife's the cook and I'm not about to tell her she's doing it wrong. Besides that I wouldn't know a good wine from a cheap one, after the first chug or two they kinda all taste the same.

Only a few more days! I'm excited. Have a new pup that I've been working with for the last 9 months. Excited to get him out. Also picked up a BPS Upland Special for this year. Last bird I harvested last year was with a High Standard D-100. Not the finest choice, but you gotta use what you got at the moment.
grouse_zpsgi2ztdya.jpg

I struck out as well on Grouse today. Chased a couple for what seemed like a mile before loosing them. Did manage to jump shoot 3 quail while crossing a clear cut.
Will try again on Monday.

We went up to try out a place today for deer and grouse.
Deer was a bust as there were too many people up there.
So I had to get rid of some coffee and everything started moving. 6 grouse! I yell at my buddy and he gets out with his bow. Hey it will be fun!
I zip up and grab my bow. And we start slinging arrows.
2 clean misses then I hit a tree right by the grouse.
The my friend hits it! Perfect shot.....or not.
The dang thing flew off with the arrow thru it's middle
Dangdest thing I ever saw
Oh yeah the rest just ran off

Went out on the first and yesterday.
Saw one and heard a few but the one I saw took off at like Mach 3 ... LOL
Nothing like grouse hunting to remind you just how out of shape you are ... LOL
Andy

Went out yesterday and today... yesterday seen 33 does with 5 bucks, 6 legal bulls, 23 cows/calfs, 6 grouse, Got 2 grouse, And 4 rabbits, Today i quit at noon but saw 12 grouse, Got my limit, Seen 8 does and 2 bucks... Since this permit system for hunting took off ive seen 3x the animals now that poachers arnt running wild....although the price thing does suck :oops:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top