JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AR-15 with my 3-point sling would be first on. Since I'm always carrying my 1911, is that a freebie? Or do I have to take it off first?

I just know I need a whole lot more magazines and ammo. Maybe even a vest to shove a bunch of mags in.

I love that an AR can be taken apart so easily...and it is good 5 yards to 300 yards!

I think you all have made good points. If I had everything I really want, my decision would be different. But, based on what I have now, I would still take the Mauser. Thanks for all of your input.

I grab the AR and the Taurus .45, my girl grabs the AK and the Kel-tec 9mm. If we have time/room, I grab my 30-06. Already got a sling shot in the BOB for small game hunting...super quiet and unlimited ammo!

If I had to grab one gun and run it would most likely be my Colt M4. It is small enough to easily carry and powerful enough to do some damage. I also have 1,000 rounds prepared in an ammo box right next to the safe.

ColtM4.jpg

If I had to choose a handgun I am already prepared there also. I would grab my .40S&W H&K USPc. It is a very accurate and reliable weapon chambered in a very potent round and has a high capacity. I have a few extra boxes of ammo for it already in my survival bag.

USPc.jpg

I don't have to give this any more thought because MY choice has already been made.
My AK47 7.62x39, loaded mags and ammo at the ready. (an earlier post mentioned that all the bad guys carry AKs. Sounds like a good source of ammo to me)
And the 1911 that would already be riding on my hip at the time.

Dave

P1190004.jpg

Single shot 12 ga. Short, light, simple... only about 15 parts to the whole thing. Gives me a variety of options for ammunition that's available in every town across the country. A gun for a survivor, not a hero.

Single shot 12 ga. Short, light, simple... only about 15 parts to the whole thing. Gives me a variety of options for ammunition that's available in every town across the country. A gun for a survivor, not a hero.

Yep, not as cool looking, but it will keep bipeds and bears away while putting food on the table.

I don't have to give this any more thought because MY choice has already been made.
My AK47 7.62x39, loaded mags and ammo at the ready. (an earlier post mentioned that all the bad guys carry AKs. Sounds like a good source of ammo to me)
And the 1911 that would already be riding on my hip at the time.

Dave

I agree on this one. I have who knows how many mags loaded and at least 2 to 3 ammo cans filled with ammo. I love my AR but the AK just seems a little better when SHTF.

I think I'd have to take either my Ruger 10-22 or my Remington 41P...with those i can GET anything ELSE i need. And feed myself for a LONG time on a 525 round box of ammo.

SHTF I'm going to want options. .22 doesn't give you options, or much protection from bandits (or zombies). If I could, I would pack my ruger mkII for small game hunting along with the cetme, but if I can only take one gun... I want something in 7.62x51--let's me hunt for game, and protect myself and my family.
But I guess it all depends on what you expect the world will be like post SHTF.

SHTF I'm going to want options. .22 doesn't give you options, or much protection from bandits (or zombies). If I could, I would pack my ruger mkII for small game hunting along with the cetme, but if I can only take one gun... I want something in 7.62x51--let's me hunt for game, and protect myself and my family.
But I guess it all depends on what you expect the world will be like post SHTF.

Just remember...that .22 is a quiet tool...it can get me what you(in the global sense) have...more weapons, food, goods. AND it wont broadcast "HERE I AM" like your 7.62.51 does. If I'm biking it to the bolthole...want light weight for speed and stealth.

IF i have MORE TIME....I'd be grabbing my M-70 300WM (If i can SEE it i can HIT it rifle) and the ammo cans for it..and the FAL...in addition to the Powerwagon or the K-30 and everything they can carry. The bolthole i've select is remote, hard to find, reasonable for a small group to defend and not obvious but not impossible to GET to either.

Once there...I'm set up clean and clear. Food, weapons, ammo, meds, books, tools etc. There a .22 for foraging is the bees knees.

Ok, I'm going to break the trend. But first, I want to say that I do own an AR.

I love ARs, but there is one advantage to an SKS: No magazine. I can carry the rifle and 300 rounds on stripper clips that can be loaded quickly without the weight of magazines. With some minor modifications (composite stock, tuning the trigger, and adding a peep sight) it can be a reliable and accurate rifle. Plus, the ammo is cheap and available.

I know the SKS is no where near the quality of FNs, ARs, FALs, etc, but the magazine advantage is something to consider.

Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads