JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Put together this Polish Underfolder last year - finally got it finished - went with a mollycoat on this one. Photo is a little dark - need to take it with better light. The actual rifle came out pretty good, though:

Polishkit.jpg

Sweet build...........Take a pic of it outside.

What did you use to do the rivets?

This one I put together a couple of years ago using a friend's jigs and "jaws of death" (bolt cutter).

I now have the ak builder jigs - have my first lower together... happy with the trigger guard and the front trunion - not at all happy with the rear trunion - need to figure out what I did wrong on it. It's together, but the rivet heads on the far side are ugly...

That looks really nice - what receiver did you use?

I'm also curious how under-folders are to fire? I almost bought one instead of a fixed stock model, but wasn't sure how they were to fire.

That looks really nice - what receiver did you use?

I'm also curious how under-folders are to fire? I almost bought one instead of a fixed stock model, but wasn't sure how they were to fire.

Thanks!!! This one's on an Ohio Ordnance...

Shoots fine. I haven't completely zeroed it in yet, but the recoil is more than reasonable...

Depends on how much of it you do yourself ..... I think a builder will probably be about $300-350 or so to demil your kit, and build it on a NDS receiver and then refinish. You could learn the process yourself... and if you have buddies with tools you should be able to do it for cost of kit plus $60 for the receiver + $10 transfer fee + about $50 in compliance parts... or you could get a flat and bend it instead of the NDS for abot $15....then you have to refinish it. Many threads on this topic at AKfiles or theAKforum. If you want a good builder - local and GOOD look up 762llc.com. Tell him I sent you.

it depends on which kit you get... buying a receiver is getting to be a real pain... i waited almost 3 months for mine from nodakspud... or you could buy a flat and build it that way . so anywhere from $20 to $100 for a receiver. a rivet kit is 10/15 bucks, all the the little parts to make it US compliant, about 60 bucks ... so probably figure about 200 to 250 more after buying a kit, that would get you a complete AK

If you are thinking of doing your on build, I think finding a parts kit might be one of the first obstacles. I've been looking as well, but they are in a rather high demand these days, so prices have skyrocketed. They are still out there. But let me ask this, what is a "good" price these days for a Parts kit?

Depends on the parts kit...

Romy G kits seem to be going for in excess of $300

Polish underfolders seem to be going for over $400

You can get a few virgin Yugo kits, but they're really spendy and take more work...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews