JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Youre forgetting that the initial ruling that braces were OK was just that , a ruling. They never had the authority to issue that ruling.
No I am not and that is my whole point, the only law I find effects rifles and shotguns per the 34 GCA.

I can not find one LAW saying putting a stock on a pistol turn it into an SBR from what I find it is a ruling and not a LAW

Unless you can show me the Law that says putting a stock on a pistol turns it into a rifle and not only a rifle but an SBR then it is a opinion per the ATF

I mean if one rule is null and void like pistol braces then all the rules are most likely null and void as well. Just because you think its a law does not mean its one.

But the law suits will tell and it will be in court from day one.

show me the law please and prove me wrong cuz I can not find it.

Name anything the Government gives you for FREE.

Nothing is FREE.

They are attempting to buy your rights for $200 and people are excited to line up at that opportunity!
WAKE UP!

This smells a lot like a trap.
The picture requirement is pretty much self incrimination if their rule changes are upheld.

When I bought my braced pistol it was perfectly legal to purchase and own, and use as I wanted.
Now some alphabet.gov group says that now it is a felony to own, unless you pay us this tax and register/submit to their whims?
Gee, we're real sorry for the mix up, here's a free $200 tax stamp to pay for the rights you are losing so we can continue to trample your rights into the future, get in line over there for your free cheese.

Are "pistol" AR buffer tubes different from regular milspec AR buffer tubes?

If I get this PSA lower with an SB3

can I then swap out the brace for a Magpul stock after I get my stamp, or will I also need to change the buffer tube?
It should swap out. That's what I did when I did my first Form 1. Ran it as a pistol until I got my tax stamp. Once approved I sold the brace and threw on the stock. Simple as that.

I'm already planning on SBR'ing a few lowers, including one that is already a pistol. The free tax stamps sound enticing, but not sure I want to join in on the avalanche of Form 1 submissions.

Right now it's two to four months for approval as it is. Imagine the delay when the floodgates open and the paperwork is being pushed by people not entirely enthusiastic. IMO 18 months would be lucky and during that entire time no barrels shorter than 16".

I've decided that since I'm a geezer a year or more of delay isn't worth the free stamps, so I'm going to eFile a bunch of Form 1's as soon as I do my fingerprints.

More power to you, though, if you take as much advantage of this opportunity as possible.

Dumb question if I SBR something is that $200 tax stamp for life for said item? Follow up question are these regulations set to take effect at a certain date or is this all speculation based on the current trends of the Crats trying to push anti gun?

Dumb question if I SBR something is that $200 tax stamp for life for said item? Follow up question are these regulations set to take effect at a certain date or is this all speculation based on the current trends of the Crats trying to push anti gun?
Yes. Tentative dates that keep getting rolled back. And, Yes.👍

Are "pistol" AR buffer tubes different from regular milspec AR buffer tubes?

If I get this PSA lower with an SB3

can I then swap out the brace for a Magpul stock after I get my stamp, or will I also need to change the buffer tube?
Yes. I have the same one and it's a standard mil spec carbine buffer tube

EDIT: I used my own lower but bought the PSA lower parts kit that included the SBA, tube, buffer, etc.. It should be tha same as their completed lower.

Yes. I have the same one and it's a standard mil spec carbine buffer tube

EDIT: I used my own lower but bought the PSA lower parts kit that included the SBA, tube, buffer, etc.. It should be tha same as their completed lower.
From their website since it would be illegal for me to test fit a standard butt stock to a pistol lower that hasn't been SBR'd:
1662692994263.png

No I am not and that is my whole point, the only law I find effects rifles and shotguns per the 34 GCA.

I can not find one LAW saying putting a stock on a pistol turn it into an SBR from what I find it is a ruling and not a LAW

Unless you can show me the Law that says putting a stock on a pistol turns it into a rifle and not only a rifle but an SBR then it is a opinion per the ATF

I mean if one rule is null and void like pistol braces then all the rules are most likely null and void as well. Just because you think its a law does not mean its one.

But the law suits will tell and it will be in court from day one.

show me the law please and prove me wrong cuz I can not find it.
18USC922r is the US code pertaining to firerams . The definitions are all over the place. If it is intended to be fired from the shoulder ( has a buttstock ) and a rifled bore its a rifle. If the barrel is less than 16" its a short barrel rifle. Pistols are not intended to be fired from the shoulder as they do not have buttstocks.

18USC922r is the US code pertaining to firerams . The definitions are all over the place. If it is intended to be fired from the shoulder ( has a buttstock ) and a rifled bore its a rifle. If the barrel is less than 16" its a short barrel rifle. Pistols are not intended to be fired from the shoulder as they do not have buttstocks.
Please go to your device settings and disable "auto repeat".

:s0140:

18USC922r is the US code pertaining to firerams .
the definitions in red are the definition per 18USC922r, the definition your talking about is in blue at the bottom and apart of 26 U.S. Code § 5845 - Definitions that was change/redefined by the ATF and not congress meaning it could be struck down due to West Virginia vs EPA along with the Arm brace Rule and the Frames and Receivers, this is what I was trying to say even if I did it poorly.

short-barreled shotgun
(6) The term "short-barreled shotgun" means a shotgun having one or more barrels less than eighteen inches in length and any weapon made from a shotgun (whether by alteration, modification or otherwise) if such a weapon as modified has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.

short-barreled rifle
(8) The term "short-barreled rifle" means a rifle having one or more barrels less than sixteen inches in length and any weapon made from a rifle (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if such weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.

handgun
(30) The term "handgun" means— (A) a firearm which has a short stock and is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand; and (B) any combination of parts from which a firearm described in subparagraph (A) can be assembled.

rifle
The term "rifle" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed cartridge to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger, and shall include any such weapon which may be readily restored to fire a fixed cartridge.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews