JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@wired i have a question. Let's say I do the form 1 with a pistol and get the "free" stamp. After approval, is there a green light to put a rifle stock on it? Or would it have to retain the brace and be in its original configuration that it was in when the photo was taken? Seems like a loophole, or a trap, I don't want the latter.
The requirement to include a picture is to make sure that you are NOT using a rifle stock to try and get a free SBR stamp.

I don't think licking boot is an appropriate reaction…perhaps more like gobbling boot at this point? 😆

In all seriousness, if this is true, this eager reaction to capitalize on a tax-stamp holiday is exactly what they want. Any form of willing compliance inherently strengthens and validates the existence of the ATF.

This is the classic "Well hell, so long as I've got mine! Who cares about the long term ramifications for future generations."

As someone already referenced, MLK Jr figured out that regaining lost rights ultimately requires non-compliance. It will be quite ironic if the decay of the 2nd Amendment becomes complete because it's armed supporters can't find it in them to not comply.

He wrote "After approval"

I do not know of any reg/rule/law that says you can't change the buttstock on an SBR to some other configuration once you have the tax stamp.
Seems to go against the spirit and intent of the amnesty. My Extar EP9 can only support the SB tactical rubber slide on brace so no chance that I can make a rifle stock work on it.

If the stamps end up costing $200, then I will just replace the brace with a pool noodle.

Last Edited:
Seems to go again the spirit and intent of the amnesty. My Extar EP9 can only support the SB tactical rubber slide on brace so no chance that I can make a rifle stock work on it.

If the stamps end up costing $200, then I will just replace the brace with a pool noodle.
The amnesty isn't so you admit you have a braced pistol. The amnesty is for you to admit it's really and SBR. File the form it's an SBR with a stamp. You ( well not you ) can put any stock on it. Brought to you by the makers of stocks. Otherwise take the brace off.

All I know is there is a heck of a lot of speculation based on one sentence in a document about updating the structure of their form 1:

7CB93B8E-A60D-4865-99B7-242B90E5FC80.jpeg

I'm curious if they'd accept this. But holding every handgun I own. I'd SBR everything!
1662681248084.jpeg

There is a lot of time between today and December for the SCOTUS and District Courts to issue rulings on several cases; and then there is the Midterms. I know there is also the NFA Repeal bill or lawsuit(correct me on either ?) that's been filed sometime this year? I also know there are a few lawsuits pending that deals with the ATF and Merrick Garland; so again, there is quite a while to figure things out. What would be nice but cautiously unrealistic.. is if SCOTUS uses the EPA , Heller, Miller, Macdonald, and Bruen decisions to nullify the NFA in its entirety, and to order the disbanding of the ATF's firearms branch... but I don't know if the SCOTUS Justices would dare go that far and risk getting sacked by Congress.

I heard the words free stamps and my ears perked RTF up! Supposedly theyre going to want to see pics of your braced pistol attached to the form 1. Way ahead of you Joe. I got a business trip coming up next week so I'm leaning right into machining a 11" barrel for a Zastava M76 as soon as I get back. Free stamp . I think I got a brace around here somewhere. Then Ive got a few receivers that are going to get enough crap moved from one to the other to make a whole Potemkin Village of braced pistols. It's going to be glorious.

Yeah, I am serious.
Share the brace, least for 2min

All I know is there is a heck of a lot of speculation based on one sentence in a document about updating the structure of their form 1:

View attachment 1273180
Going the next logical step why would you need to prove you had a brace on it to amnesty register it? You wouldn't. You'd just do a normal form 1 to SBR. The amnesty is to get a tax fee transfer and to do that you have to prove you actually have a braced pistol.

There is a lot of time between today and December for the SCOTUS and District Courts to issue rulings on several cases; and then there is the Midterms. I know there is also the NFA Repeal bill or lawsuit(correct me on either ?) that's been filed sometime this year? I also know there are a few lawsuits pending that deals with the ATF and Merrick Garland; so again, there is quite a while to figure things out. What would be nice but cautiously unrealistic.. is if SCOTUS uses the EPA , Heller, Miller, Macdonald, and Bruen decisions to nullify the NFA in its entirety, and to order the disbanding of the ATF's firearms branch... but I don't know if the SCOTUS Justices would dare go that far and risk getting sacked by Congress.
They wouldn't . Not only that the SCOTUS would have to agree to hear a case and rule on it and release the verdict in June. There is no case moving that way. Repealing the NFA is a pipe dream and there is no will in congress to remove SBR's from the NFA or to abolish the NFA

They wouldn't . Not only that the SCOTUS would have to agree to hear a case and rule on it and release the verdict in June. There is no case moving that way. Repealing the NFA is a pipe dream and there is no will in congress to remove SBR's from the NFA or to abolish the NFA
What are the winning lottery numbers?

What are the winning lottery numbers?
Why not ask the people who were waiting to buy a silencer until the Hearing Protection Act passed? The NFA is the gun control they want. By they I mean all of "them". It aint going anywhere.

As far as Congress passing that they MIGHT have been the slimmest of chances if Republicans took back the congress AND the presidency with someone other than Trump ( no friend to gun owners ) but that has pretty much been wiped off the map with the repeal of Roe. Its still political suicide to embrace machine guns and SBR's and silencers openly. Soccer moms aren't into that stuff.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top